Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titanax

Advise On Mega Discount Store Pricing

however, i find that lcd tv 32 inch selling at 399 at other big stores - mega does not have it

its those "5 sets only" kinda deal right?

cannot compare mah...you have to cheong to the shop early in the morning...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We went Mega Discount store at Kallang and was served by lady (Veron), wasn't pushy and she could explain the specs for the washer we are looking for. Eventually, we got our Bosch washer WM - Logixx 8 WAS2444ME : $1430 (before $150 rebate from Bosch SG, after rebate cost will be $1280), Sharp fridge at $870 (free $50 NTUC voucher) and a Mistral tower fan @ $138. No additional GST/delivery chgs.

she even arrange a demo by Bosch at our home upon delivery of washer.

Though we were offer $1399 from everjoint, we didn't get from them cos I realised their service is soso only plus we believe it's safer to buy from reliable shop since the stuff will be delivered later.

Veron is the Bosch product person at KLP side. She served us too, not very pushy & but very smooth - I went in looking for a Brandt oven & she sway me to Bosch, but the WM she quoted us $20 more...

Veron is the Bosch product person at KLP side. She served us too, not very pushy & but very smooth - I went in looking for a Brandt oven & she sway me to Bosch, but the WM she quoted us $20 more...

Sorry ah... the model i bought was WAS24444ME!

Were you refering to this model or WAS28444ME, I remember she mentioned WAS28444ME is abit more exp, dont know if i heard wrongly or not.

Pls dont tell me she quoted you WAS28444ME@ $1450.. i will :bangwall:

Edited by infinitie

Sorry ah... the model i bought was WAS24444ME!

Were you refering to this model or WAS28444ME, I remember she mentioned WAS28444ME is abit more exp, dont know if i heard wrongly or not.

Pls dont tell me she quoted you WAS28444ME@ $1450.. i will :bangwall:

nope, it was definitely 2444, its a good thing i did not commit the 1st time i was there, the price will sure go down over time & by the time I need it in Sep - Oct, might be quite significant.

Edited by titanax

hmmm like that why need to go and bargain then hear his grumbles?

might as well just get from everjoint since its the same price?

we already book at mega... we were at everjoint for some hood and hob so just ask them how much our washer and dryer is..

so the price matching is true..

its those "5 sets only" kinda deal right?

cannot compare mah...you have to cheong to the shop early in the morning...

LG $399 lcd tv is easily available at courts, harvey, best-denki, etc...but have to look for their sale in papers first

3 weeks ago, best-denki was selling at $349 (30 sets per outlet)

LG $399 lcd tv is easily available at courts, harvey, best-denki, etc...but have to look for their sale in papers first

3 weeks ago, best-denki was selling at $349 (30 sets per outlet)

the ones i saw definitely stated limited sets only.

gain city ones are display sets, a definite no-no.

shall keep a look out again on the papers.. PC show coming also! :)

nope, it was definitely 2444, its a good thing i did not commit the 1st time i was there, the price will sure go down over time & by the time I need it in Sep - Oct, might be quite significant.

I doubt the price for this model will go further down than $1280.

We went to KLP's Mega Discount & was offer the following price for Bosch:

WM - Logixx 8 WAS2444ME : $1450 (before $150 rebate from Bosch SG)

Oven - HBA23B550J (incl of EcoClean panels) : $1280

Haven't had a chance to go HN, or Courts or DB to compare prices. Is this a reasonable price?

Great prices! I've been to HN, Courts, and BD, definitely higher in those stores.

Mega Discount will be out last stop after walking around these stores. Next we'd visit everjoint and goh ah bee.

Please advise if the selling price at Mega United Square and Kallang same or Mega Kallang is giving the most attractive price ? Today I went down to Best to get a Sharp 9kg washing machine cost $499+$20 delivery charges and so luky that we didnt buy the Panasonic Inverter Fridge there (selling $999). All the way back, we went to Mega at United Square , saw the same fridge selling $849 and we manage to ask for further discount at the final price S$799n inclusive free delivery. It is really a good deal...^^ But we are not so lucky as Mega is selling Sharp 9kg washing machine at $478 and final price is $460 with free delivery...sob sob....i already bought at Best.... :(

Next will be looking for LCD at Mega, anyone can share SAmsung which model is better , i am looking 40 to 42" type.

how did u get the further discount for the fridge from $849 to $799? any secret?

i asked for discount from $849 and they din even reduce a single cent...

Repost for answers. :)

so e mega discount store sat kallang leisure park still exist? it's got free shuttle service right?

but i can't find tel no. & opening hours, can someone help? thanks.

Great prices! I've been to HN, Courts, and BD, definitely higher in those stores.

Mega Discount will be out last stop after walking around these stores. Next we'd visit everjoint and goh ah bee.

From what some forummer's have posted - Logixx 8 WAS2444ME is now nego to $1430 (before $150 rebate from Bosch SG) at MDS, so you should set that as your baseline now.

Repost for answers. :)

so e mega discount store sat kallang leisure park still exist? it's got free shuttle service right?

but i can't find tel no. & opening hours, can someone help? thanks.

mmm...try googling or "100"

From what some forummer's have posted - Logixx 8 WAS2444ME is now nego to $1430 (before $150 rebate from Bosch SG) at MDS, so you should set that as your baseline now.

That's my target. But my wife thinks it's a bit over our budget to buy such an exp washing machine :( She wants a dryer too ... Oh boy, I wish I were rich ...

hi hi

sorry for interruption - is mega discount generally the better one - since they can match price of everjoint and GAB, which I find to be most attractive, yet give warranty like those big stores?

btw how do they do the price matching? I just tell them i found the same model in xx shop and they match? or they need some kind of "evidence"?