Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titanax

Advise On Mega Discount Store Pricing

Just got back from Mega atrium road show and brought Samsung LED Smart TV 55", 40" LED TV and a Samsung washing machine. Was assure by the saleman on the match the lowest price before delivery. Hope they mean what they said. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow that's quite a haul bro.. hope they will honour the "price matching" thingy. Cos its IT show next weekend n in case ur purchased models r going for lower price..

Btw mind pm me the model n price u paid for them? Cos I m planning on getting similar items.. TIA

Just got back from Mega atrium road show and brought Samsung LED Smart TV 55", 40" LED TV and a Samsung washing machine. Was assure by the saleman on the match the lowest price before delivery. Hope they mean what they said. :)

Always read the fine print (which many of us don't read)to verify what the salesman says. Don't believe what he says as it comes with terms and conditions in the fine print. You got prove with hard evidence like advertisements that elsewhere is cheaper. COMEX price at special hour may not qualify but you can try asking. :sport-smiley-004:

1. Samsung UA55ES6600 3D SMART TV

2. Samsung UA40ES5500

3. Samsung WD0704 washer/dryer

Package come with 6x 3D glasses, wireless keyboard, skype camera.

Total: $4738

1. Samsung UA55ES6600 3D SMART TV

2. Samsung UA40ES5500

3. Samsung WD0704 washer/dryer

Package come with 6x 3D glasses, wireless keyboard, skype camera.

Bro, by full cash or full credit payment?

Got any installment plan?

Total: $4738

Pay a downpayment of $200 due to two invoice and the rest COD. I am not sure on the installment plan. For delivery, just give them a week notice. My flat will be ready in Dec and they are willing to match the price till then.

I also just committed a 60" series 8000 plasma with them @ S$2899 :sport-smiley-004:

don't think Comex offer can beat that price... M a happy customer overall (till now) hahaha

Just wanna share my shooping experience.

My friend recommended me to do my purchases at Mega Discount Store located at Kallang Leisure Park. Upon reaching said location, I started my shopping spree.

Cheapest price compare to elsewhere for following brands and items:

1) Mitsubishi fridges (best warranty compares to any other brands) & fans

2) Samsung washers

3) LG washers and dryers

I got my purchases of above brands here and leave a happy man with FOC DELIVERY!!! :-)

When we first visited the Mega Discount Store (MDS) at Kallang, the saleslady had told us that we could place a deposit for the items we wish to purchase i.e. hood and hob. If the price at point of deposit was $399, and there was a better promotion before delivery, they will match the ongoing (lower) discount price then.

We subsequently bought our EF island hood from the MDS at United Square for $980 on 4 Apr. One week thereafter, just last Sunday, i saw that the listed price (including delivery) was $850 for the exact same model. So i called up Sally, the saleslady at MDS United Square. Her response was disappointing - she flatly insisted that the price couldn't be $850. She asked me to "just email head office and see how" instead. And so I wrote to their head office yesterday; am still waiting for their response. But seems like we shouldn't be too hopeful.

Not sure if any other forum-ers have a similar experience?

When we first visited the Mega Discount Store (MDS) at Kallang, the saleslady had told us that we could place a deposit for the items we wish to purchase i.e. hood and hob. If the price at point of deposit was $399, and there was a better promotion before delivery, they will match the ongoing (lower) discount price then.

We subsequently bought our EF island hood from the MDS at United Square for $980 on 4 Apr. One week thereafter, just last Sunday, i saw that the listed price (including delivery) was $850 for the exact same model. So i called up Sally, the saleslady at MDS United Square. Her response was disappointing - she flatly insisted that the price couldn't be $850. She asked me to "just email head office and see how" instead. And so I wrote to their head office yesterday; am still waiting for their response. But seems like we shouldn't be too hopeful.

Not sure if any other forum-ers have a similar experience?

hey Brightlights,

Did u get a response on your price match from kallang? Am curious, as i am about to shop w them, and if the price match really holds up, did they say how long is the period ? Is it up to the time u pay in full or to delivery date that they will match the diff?

thanks

Hope you are enjoying your elec now.

hello, hope someone who has purchased from mega discount store recently can advise! i just bought some items instore a week ago, and GST was charged seperately on the invoice. if i remember correctly, they don't charge gst? Appreciate if anyone can clarify.. thanks.