Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

Renovation Indemnity

Hi

need some advice here.

if buyer of flat wants to move in early to start reno, the seller has to sign indemnity form. Should anything happen during the reno, will the seller be liable at all?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

need some advice here.

if buyer of flat wants to move in early to start reno, the seller has to sign indemnity form. Should anything happen during the reno, will the seller be liable at all?

- The form allows seller to be "out of the picture" of any potential damages caused, out of renovation. In other words, the buyer is responsible for these damages, if any.

- If really some damages done whether to HDB common property or to neighbours', cause of action will still go to the seller, since he is the rightful owner, however, with this form, seller can have the buyer to be "responsible" for the damages done.

Edited by bepgof

- The form allows seller to be "out of the picture" of any potential damages caused, out of renovation. In other words, the buyer is responsible for these damages, if any.

- If really some damages done whether to HDB common property or to neighbours', cause of action will still go to the seller, since he is the rightful owner, however, with this form, seller can have the buyer to be "responsible" for the damages done.

is indemnity considered as supplementary agreement which is not allowed by HDB???

when i read the form, it seems to imply that the seller is liable, because the seller "authorise" the company, and sign at the end. Very funny form.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/13e5455...nity%20Form.pdf

(3)

I/We (the existing owners) confirm that I/we have authorised _________________________________ [Company’s Name of HDB RRC / RRC’s Registration Number] to apply for the renovation permit on my/our behalf.

Name / Signature of Existing Owner (s)

Is there any black and white about liabilities of each party? Searched the HDB site but can't find any useful info. Very scared of all this, HDB has given me enough wrong info and advice leading to my current predicament. Yet all advice had been verbal, so accusations has no ground. Now hope everything is black and white liao

is indemnity considered as supplementary agreement which is not allowed by HDB???

this form is from HDB, can see frm the link i posted

a quick update.

have checked with the branch office, they said even if the owner signs the indemnity form, both buyer and seller are still liability. The form is to indemnity HDB, not either of the other 2 parties! :bangwall::wacko::bow:

like that, how can sign? asking for trouble ah?

Hi samantha

where did you find info that suppl agreement is not allowed by HDB?

a quick update.

have checked with the branch office, they said even if the owner signs the indemnity form, both buyer and seller are still liability. The form is to indemnity HDB, not either of the other 2 parties! :bangwall::wacko::bow:

like that, how can sign? asking for trouble ah?

If you run out of time, just sign. Make sure no fire. Got time to do reno, don't sign lah. Last yr, I signed one last yr, in order to move in before cny.

Edited by bepgof

On the safe side, better don't sign.

If nothing happen, everyone happy

If thing happen, finger start to pin-point

But HDB will definitely come after the one that sign the reno permit

If you run out of time, just sign. Make sure no fire. Got time to do reno, don't sign lah. Last yr, I signed one last yr, in order to move in before cny.

no lah, i am the seller, so control of reno for the flat not really in my hands. Originally, we wanted to help them because they contra, they ask us for early move in to reno, then ask their flat buyer for extension so that they can get the reno done and move in. But so sorry lah, since I find out from the horse's mouth that we are still liable, I cannot just be nice and let them. Like what Therat says, if nothing wrong, all ok. If soemthing happens, then nobody knows. I Even though they willing to go legal, ie get law firm to do undertaking letter etc to take full responsibilility, but end of day, HDB will not recognise any of these and still come after us... too much hassle imo

no lah, i am the seller, so control of reno for the flat not really in my hands. Originally, we wanted to help them because they contra, they ask us for early move in to reno, then ask their flat buyer for extension so that they can get the reno done and move in. But so sorry lah, since I find out from the horse's mouth that we are still liable, I cannot just be nice and let them. Like what Therat says, if nothing wrong, all ok. If soemthing happens, then nobody knows. I Even though they willing to go legal, ie get law firm to do undertaking letter etc to take full responsibilility, but end of day, HDB will not recognise any of these and still come after us... too much hassle imo

True, clever.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Froggy, actually, this is very common and most buyers will be careful during the reno period since they are buying over the flat, then they wouldn't want to do any illegal reno in the flat etc and land themselves in trouble. The idemnity form covers the seller and if you have it in black and white, no big deal to let the buyer do early reno. I signed one last year so the buyers could move in during cny. The flat is vacant anyway so no big deal. To further cover yourself, you can also get a reno agreement from your property agent and get the buyer to sign it.

• Like 1

Hi Froggy, actually, this is very common and most buyers will be careful during the reno period since they are buying over the flat, then they wouldn't want to do any illegal reno in the flat etc and land themselves in trouble. The idemnity form covers the seller and if you have it in black and white, no big deal to let the buyer do early reno. I signed one last year so the buyers could move in during cny. The flat is vacant anyway so no big deal. To further cover yourself, you can also get a reno agreement from your property agent and get the buyer to sign it.

Got the RENO AGREEMENT Form (your property agent one)?

I would like to play safe and make the buyer sign that on top of the HDB one.

Thanks

Hi everyone, would like to check if this idemnity form still exist or HDB change rules on the idemnity form? My ID told me that there is some changes on the rules therefore they need e actual owner to take over before we can apply.

The identity anatomy covers the agent and if you accept it in tournaments and white, no big accord to let the client do aboriginal reno. I active one endure year so the buyers could move in during cny