Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preciousmoments

Miele Or Dyson Vacuum Cleaner?

There's a promotion going on now for Miele S4212...only $508 with several freebies thrown in. Wonder if it is good. Any one owns Miele S4212 and can give some advice?

Hubby has seen demos at Courts for Dyson DC19 and likes it. Since it's GSS now, thought we could get some good offers and change our vacuum. Please advise me on which you think is good. Thanks in advance. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
There's a promotion going on now for Miele S4212...only $508 with several freebies thrown in. Wonder if it is good. Any one owns Miele S4212 and can give some advice?

Hubby has seen demos at Courts for Dyson DC19 and likes it. Since it's GSS now, thought we could get some good offers and change our vacuum. Please advise me on which you think is good. Thanks in advance. :)

Miele is made in Germany and lasts for 20yrs! They recently won an award for the record third yr, the best brand for home appliances in the Uk, by the Which? consumer watchdog!

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-rele...2010-152778.php

Edited by lapena

you are lucky!

i happen to compare a miele and dyson brand. in the end, i purchased a miele s4212. it works like a charm. smooth pulling of vacuum, compact storage, durable vacuum parts. go to best denki ngee ann city and look for Shao Wei. he can give a good demo. i bought this model from him

initially i wanted to buy the bagless dyson dc22. the model i want is much heavier and dont forget bagless is not easy to maintain. when you want to dispose your dirt, you need to open the canister. and when you open, *poof* small dirt will fly. and needs some washing too.

compare the 2 manouverability, miele wins hands down! because of the castor wheels

you are lucky!

i happen to compare a miele and dyson brand. in the end, i purchased a miele s4212. it works like a charm. smooth pulling of vacuum, compact storage, durable vacuum parts. go to best denki ngee ann city and look for Shao Wei. he can give a good demo. i bought this model from him

initially i wanted to buy the bagless dyson dc22. the model i want is much heavier and dont forget bagless is not easy to maintain. when you want to dispose your dirt, you need to open the canister. and when you open, *poof* small dirt will fly. and needs some washing too.

compare the 2 manouverability, miele wins hands down! because of the castor wheels

How abt Electrolux hor?

How abt Electrolux hor?

the quality of electrolux has been going downhill. Previously its top models are made in sweden, now its made in hungary whereby the cheaper models are made in china. Its wheels are not as smooth. well u will never go wrong with a miele!

Hubby has seen demos at Courts for Dyson DC19 and likes it. Since it's GSS now, thought we could get some good offers and change our vacuum. Please advise me on which you think is good. Thanks in advance.

Both Dyson and Miele make good vacuums however with respect to canister vacuums I'd have to say go with Miele. Their reputation for canister vacuums is very good and they are still made in Germany. Also the S4212 is actually a vacuum series and there are 2 different canisters in the series - the Polaris and the Neptune. The Polaris is best for short-pile carpeting while the Neptune can manage low to medium-pile carpet. They are both excellent on bare floors. I would suggest looking at the articles on Miele vacuum cleaners at vacuum-cleaner-advisor.com.

You may also wish to consider the newer Miele S2 series of canister vacuums - if you only have hard floors then the entry level S2 (the Olympus) is a great buy.

Edited by emilyc

Both Dyson and Miele make good vacuums however with respect to canister vacuums I'd have to say go with Miele. Their reputation for canister vacuums is very good and they are still made in Germany. Also the S4212 is actually a vacuum series and there are 2 different canisters in the series - the Polaris and the Neptune. The Polaris is best for short-pile carpeting while the Neptune can manage low to medium-pile carpet. They are both excellent on bare floors. I would suggest looking at the Miele Vacuum Reviews here. You may also wish to consider the newer Miele S2 series of canister vacuums - if you only have hard floors then the entry level S2 (the Olympus) is a great buy.

Hmm the overseas miele is named differently from the local mieles.In sg they r only categorized as S5, for the bigger cannisters, and S4 for the smaller ones. For the allergy sufferers out there, a recent study in america has proven Miele captured the allergens 622 times better than most brands with hepa filters, including Dyson! So here u go, Miele is the only "TRUE" hepa filter vacuum in the market! For the report, this is the link!

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/press/h...ms,1349837.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mi...m-96482839.html

Edited by lapena

Hmm the overseas miele is named differently from the local mieles.In sg they r only categorized as S5, for the bigger cannisters, and S4 for the smaller ones. For the allergy sufferers out there, a recent study in america has proven Miele captured the allergens 622 times better than most brands with hepa filters, including Dyson! So here u go, Miele is the only "TRUE" hepa filter vacuum in the market! For the report, this is the link!

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/press/h...ms,1349837.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mi...m-96482839.html

There is a recent study on commissioned by miele that compares air quality on emissions by miele as compared to bagless vacuum cleaner. If u r allergic, pls read this article..

http://www.appliancemagazine.com/news.php?...e=0&first=1

personally, i think Miele is over rated by all the ads & hype.

I'm still going for a Dyson which is cheaper but does the same work.

personally, i think Miele is over rated by all the ads & hype.

I'm still going for a Dyson which is cheaper but does the same work.

u can get a gd miele for around sgd$500 or less. the cheapest dyson costs around sgd $600. I didnt say dyson is crap or else it wouldnt cost so much, but for canister models, i prefer a miele.Dyson preyed on the no running costs hype, but if i'm allegic, i dun believe a hepa filter can b permanent. and also, the sponge filter needs only to b washed? Wouldnt the sponge thin out over time? And for built quality, do u know that Miele is 100% made in germany, by itself, with 80% in house parts, whereas for an expensive dyson, the motor is made by a singapore company, while the parts are made in johore, malaysia? The reason why i think allergy sufferers are more suitable using miele is because of the 100% sealed system a miele provides. Ultimately u r still releasing allergens to the atmosphere when u empty the bin in a bagless vacuum cleaner. Some ppl are happy with it, because they dun suffer from allergies. My mum is happy with the broom, even though allergens are being passed from corners to corners when she sweeps the floor.

There is a water-based brand called "rainbow" which is magnificent. The lady came by, did a free cleaning at my place. I was impressed. But the price tag is around $3k. Some ppl swear by it, it lasts long, clean well. But some are stumped by the price tag, some are fed up with the maintenance, and some hate the sound and weight.

That is why there r so many brands for u to choose from. But ultimately, what is the quality u r loking at? For me, it must b an effective, hepa-sealed vacuum, quiet, easy to handle and durable. Thats why is Miele is the choice when u compared all other brands.

check this unhappy blogger for Miele....

http://www.waleedhanafi.com/2009/04/miele-...-all-costs.html

For all other miele posts, this blog has been digged out by some users wherever they want to bash up this brand. I must say they r quite efficient because by googling the name miele on the web, this is the only unhappy blog ive managed to find... As a business, i've believed all businesses received complaints, i wouldnt say miele is perfect. But surprisingly in the whole wide web, u google all the complaints of any major consumer brands, see whether there is anyone without complaints? I did an experiment, lets say a korean electronics brand, the pages come up to more than 10.

There u have it.. I might be unhappy with miele one day. But services aside, i will still say, no other brand come close so far in terms of quality and technology.