Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeda

Mini Reno

Are the decals from ez decor @ Square 2? We went last nite but dunno which design to choose. So many choices, all nice. So we decide to wait for our 3d designs to be out then will go again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
bought a cellini calypso+bedframe+mattress package last Sunday.

still undecided about Futura console yet.

today, viewed our display cabinet/wall proposal today already! simple/neat design, just the way we like it. :) hope that our choice of white laminate will turn out nice! :D

chosen paint colour today too!

now counting down to our second appointment in < a months time!

next up : to shop for light fixtures

Really like the Cellini Calypso sofa design!! Congrats for that buy!! how much is your package?

for display cabinet, usually is halogen lights as they are small ... but they get very hot ... alternative to LED would be those compact fluorescent ...

downlights for display cabinet not common as the downlight holders are very big ... looks ugly ....

can use normal downlights for display cabinet? my ID suggest using LED cos not so hot, but LED bulbs are pretty expensive...

Are the decals from ez decor @ Square 2? We went last nite but dunno which design to choose. So many choices, all nice. So we decide to wait for our 3d designs to be out then will go again.

i think the decal is from an online shop....

think i should go to ez decor for a look too, since you mentioned the choices are all nice. :D

ya, better to see your 3d designs and confirm on a theme first. we don't have much reno. only a feature/display wall. :D

Really like the Cellini Calypso sofa design!! Congrats for that buy!! how much is your package?

ya, it is love at first sight for my dh. :) for me, i am looking at something curvy cos our sofa will be in the middle of the room and not back against the wall type.

our package of sofa+bedframe+mattress is $1998. :)

we chose all black for the sofa, cushions in brown and beige.

for display cabinet, usually is halogen lights as they are small ... but they get very hot ... alternative to LED would be those compact fluorescent ...

downlights for display cabinet not common as the downlight holders are very big ... looks ugly ....

our main (only :D) reno feature of our new place is this piece of display cabinet concealing HS door (total 3m long), so i think dh may want to splurge on LED too! i told him that maybe we can decide to get only 1 LED bulb for the centre display and the rest just normal halogen....since the main feature is at the centre piece, it is unlikely we will on the side/halogen lights for long. hope he'll agree!

ya, it is love at first sight for my dh. :) for me, i am looking at something curvy cos our sofa will be in the middle of the room and not back against the wall type.

our package of sofa+bedframe+mattress is $1998. :)

we chose all black for the sofa, cushions in brown and beige.

Didn't know they still had the $1998 package. I went there and they told me that it was over.. They promoting the newer package for $2998/3998.. But anyway congrats!!

Didn't know they still had the $1998 package. I went there and they told me that it was over.. They promoting the newer package for $2998/3998.. But anyway congrats!!

thanks! we didn't know the $1998 package was over when we visited the shop. the sales manager made some arrangements for us maybe cos can see my husband's very disappointed face? :D

today spend spend spend!!

bought our dining set (4+1) and shoe cabinet at IFC.

then went to harvey norman to get fridge, washing machine, iron, tv, ovens.

will try to post some pics upon delivery cos quality of photo taken at the showroom is not so good. :)

went to Robinson today to get bedsheets and pillow covers cos MIL said good buy, best buy, must buy cos got discount.

then found out that it is really expensive!! $169 for 1 bedsheet....300 threadcount though. luckily 50% discount. :)

but still, i find them expensive. told my husband that he better sleep well with these soft good quality sheets! :P

went to Robinson today to get bedsheets and pillow covers cos MIL said good buy, best buy, must buy cos got discount.

then found out that it is really expensive!! $169 for 1 bedsheet....300 threadcount though. luckily 50% discount. :)

but still, i find them expensive. told my husband that he better sleep well with these soft good quality sheets! :P

I change bedsheet set every year..... before CNY.... my queen plus my 2 boys' single beds.

We donate the old sets after we wash them.

I change bedsheet set every year..... before CNY.... my queen plus my 2 boys' single beds.

We donate the old sets after we wash them.

oic.....we tend to only change them after they get too rough for our skin. :P

Today is our unit inspection day. Already quite upset this morning cos up until mid afternoon, i did not received my Agent's reminder that today is the day (i think this is basic service); worried that he may forget about it, i smsed him instead. My husband took time off from work cos we did not want to be late and did not want the seller to wait for us as it may get quite late as husband need to have dinner else 'a hungry man is an angry man' and his knock off time plus dinner will result in us turning up fairly late. Then....received Agent's sms that he was caught in a jam. We waited for him half an hour. No sign of seller or seller's agent too. Then my Agent arrived to tell me that he couldn't contact seller's agent! 40min had passed! I told my agent off that he should have confirmed with the seller's agent yesterday and not only rely on the confirmation that was 1 week ago cos people do forget! Agent suggested we come back tomorrow cos there was nothing we can do. angry...angry.... i told husband to go back to his car to put another half hour and intended to at least wait for a while so that my agent can see my piss off face for another half hour.

then, something very lucky happened! our seller turned up! he told us that his agent did inform them that today is the inspection date but did not confirm the timing with them. he could not contact his agent too to confirm the timing. why, then did he turn up? i asked. he said that he wanted to do one last checking to ensure that he did not leave any belongings behind.

all the anger that boiling inside me subsided as soon as i saw the seller; better late than never! the seller showed us around the house and attended to our queries patiently. :)

my husband said that we are quite fortunate to chance upon a good seller on our first purchase. and also, our agent though have room for improvement, at least will attend to our inquiry and not disappear like the seller's agent (hm...maybe cos we still owe him some money :P), but the lucky part is that we found our desired unit only within a few days of viewing. :D next up, see if we are lucky to be serviced by a good ID (A&D) which was recommended by one of my friends. :)