Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
berry_surprise

Help On Aircon

as per calculation, i found that the BTU requirements as follows.

Living Rm: 15285 BTU with 20 ft ceiling

Study Rm: 8287 BTU with 20 ft ceiling

MBR: 10358 BTU with 9 ft ceiling

Guest Rm: 8311 BTU with 9 ft ceiling

Usage:

MBR will be the most frequent

Living Rm will be when ppl come over

Guest + Study will be whenever ppl are staying over

Pls advise on what kind of aircon and brand i should look out for.

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm also looking for a system 4 but with a budget of less than S$4k including extended 5 years warranty. Not too sure what to get yet.

For me, my is a resales 5 room flat 110sqm and currently what is installed is all 3 rooms 9000 BTU and living room 18000 BTU.

I on it wheneven contractor / ID view the site or I go over to look look. The living room still feel very cooling even though if you go buy the sales person will recommend 22,000 BTU or higher. But what to individual la. me budget so thinking of getting 3 * 9000 BTU and 18000.

I'm also looking for a system 4 but with a budget of less than S$4k including extended 5 years warranty. Not too sure what to get yet.

For me, my is a resales 5 room flat 110sqm and currently what is installed is all 3 rooms 9000 BTU and living room 18000 BTU.

I on it wheneven contractor / ID view the site or I go over to look look. The living room still feel very cooling even though if you go buy the sales person will recommend 22,000 BTU or higher. But what to individual la. me budget so thinking of getting 3 * 9000 BTU and 18000.

If that is your configuration then u need at least a 28k compressor. I think Mitsubishi Electric StarMex is 28k. I just got a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at

$3399 and top up $300 for 5 yrs warranty.

as per calculation, i found that the BTU requirements as follows.

Living Rm: 15285 BTU with 20 ft ceiling

Study Rm: 8287 BTU with 20 ft ceiling

MBR: 10358 BTU with 9 ft ceiling

Guest Rm: 8311 BTU with 9 ft ceiling

Usage:

MBR will be the most frequent

Living Rm will be when ppl come over

Guest + Study will be whenever ppl are staying over

Pls advise on what kind of aircon and brand i should look out for.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries unit, so i sure recommend that also..haha..

But seriously, it's pretty good. Last time my ex-gf, now my wife, got this brand for her house also. And she don't even know air-con need to be serviced.

It was left running for like 3+ years before it leaked water. And that brand was recommended by her then contractor who is also a friend. It was a single unit, still working strong at the 5th year mark, but was replaced to a Carrier System 2...which is....erm..not as good for us.

So now we are going back to MHI again. According to the sales man, its compressor has one of the highest capacity at 32k for system 4; 3 x 9000 and 1 x 18000. It is suitable for flats with big living hall and smaller rooms.

However for some, design of the air con is significant to them. If so, then plain jane MHI air con units will be out of the list.

Mit Starmex has an inverter model MXY-4A38VA which allows for a 10+10+10+18 combination and also has the current limitation model for HDB flats.

My rationale is as follows:

1. Top floor means less sun shading from neighbouring blocks. <-- Worst cooling case

2. Inverter models can over-run, deliver more cooling per indoor unit than specified.

3. Guests come on = living rm aircon, means need big big cooling to impress.

4. Need largest outdoor unit due to current limitation + high ceiling.

5. Aircon is M&E item used daily, so should not compromise on quality.

Your MHI is system 4? If so the price is quite reasonable. Can share where and when you get the air con?

If that is your configuration then u need at least a 28k compressor. I think Mitsubishi Electric StarMex is 28k. I just got a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at

$3399 and top up $300 for 5 yrs warranty.

as i have checked further, my place is not upgraded with the new electrical loading

therefore i'm only stuck with 1 condenser

even as i wanted to get a system 5 from carrier, i'm unable to do that because of the old electrical loading

i have to stick with a system 4 and i guess i will be looking at

1)daikin

2)mitshubishi electric

3)mitshubishi heavy industry

my guess is system 4 approx $4000, system 3 approx $3000

any comments?

Mit Starmex has an inverter model MXY-4A38VA which allows for a 10+10+10+18 combination and also has the current limitation model for HDB flats.

My rationale is as follows:

1. Top floor means less sun shading from neighbouring blocks. <-- Worst cooling case

2. Inverter models can over-run, deliver more cooling per indoor unit than specified.

3. Guests come on = living rm aircon, means need big big cooling to impress.

4. Need largest outdoor unit due to current limitation + high ceiling.

5. Aircon is M&E item used daily, so should not compromise on quality.

There is an design and decor exhibition at singapore expo now. i got it from there. The range they offer are all about the same price for system 4.

+/- difference is about $100 across the few brands.

as i have checked further, my place is not upgraded with the new electrical loading

even as i wanted to get a system 5 from carrier, i'm unable to do that because of the old electrical loading

1)daikin

2)mitshubishi electric

any comments?

i saw on paper today a few brands on offer for system 3 is about $2500-$2700 now. System 4 $3300 to $3500 can get. Unless u get a higher end one like Fujitsu which is abt $3800 to $4000 which has a BTU level of 34.5k

i saw on paper today a few brands on offer for system 3 is about $2500-$2700 now. System 4 $3300 to $3500 can get. Unless u get a higher end one like Fujitsu which is abt $3800 to $4000 which has a BTU level of 34.5k

I went to a few shops today for Toshiba inverter system3. The price are all near to $3000 with installation date only available weeks later. Anyone got good recommendation for better price?

and so i went to gain city and was quoted almost $4000 for mitshubishi electric sys-4

and if w/o installation, it is about $3100

Today I went down to gain city at AMK. The price for Toshiba Invert System 3 is 2900+ and installation express fee 150. Yesterday I was told the price was 2700+ and installation express fee is 200 at gain city IMM shop.

Finally I settle with "All Best" at $2788.

GC is going worse and worse.

Edited by restart

Today I went down to gain city at AMK. The price for Toshiba Invert System 3 is 2900+ and installation express fee 150. Yesterday I was told the price was 2700+ and installation express fee is 200 at gain city IMM shop.

Finally I settle with "All Best" at $2788.

GC is going worse and worse.

hi, i got a quote from gain city at cck for the toshiba inverter sys3 (with MIJ compressor) for 3350 w std instalaltion. (2 X 9000 btu, 1 x 24000 btu). is ur sys 3 config similiar to mine? :unsure:

1)daikin

2)mitshubishi electric

any comments?

Hi Berry,

i am currently looking for system 4, as my old Daikin is breaking down any time.

Going back for Daikin as it has served me well for 14 years. I got a quote from everjoint electrical at $2430.

They using armaflex (dunno hw to spell) class 1 insulation and provide no limit piping. And they allowed 2x free installation.

Going to scout more before i confirm the deal, ur side any gd deals?

Edited by greenhuat

Hi Berry,

i am currently looking for system 4, as my old Daikin is breaking down any time.

Going back for Daikin as it has served me well for 14 years. I got a quote from everjoint electrical at $2430.

They using armaflex (dunno hw to spell) class 1 insulation and provide no limit piping. And they allowed 2x free installation.

Going to scout more before i confirm the deal, ur side any gd deals?

Take a look at the home and furnishing exhibition at expo now. Their system 3 inverter are all below $3k. Right now they are providing free installation.

Class "1" is the common standard provided from most air con sellers. They are fire-resistant and pass HDB standard. The insulation i got , as part of the promotion, is the Class "0" type, where the material is better which are usually for industrial usage.