Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
osangga

Maintaing Privacy For Corridor Units

HI Everyone,

Just wanted to seek your advice... My husband and I recently bought a 4-rm HDB corridor unit. I was wondering how you can ensure that we still have our privacy? I was thinking of installing curtains on the windows, but it might block the air pasage. I was planning to put a plantbox outside the window, but do you think it will work?

I need your suggestions!! thanks! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Split your windows into 2 parts, top and bottom. The bottom part is smaller than the top part. Have frosted glass for the bottom, and clear or tinted for the top. You can keep your bottom window closed while keeping your top open. There will be free circulation of air while maintaining your privacy.

Split your windows into 2 parts, top and bottom. The bottom part is smaller than the top part. Have frosted glass for the bottom, and clear or tinted for the top. You can keep your bottom window closed while keeping your top open. There will be free circulation of air while maintaining your privacy.

Thanks for that!! Yeah, that is a good idea. :) Any idea how much does it usually cost in renovating the windows?? And any good supplier that you know?

Thanks for that!! Yeah, that is a good idea. :) Any idea how much does it usually cost in renovating the windows?? And any good supplier that you know?

So sorry. No idea at all.

Yr suggestion is no difference to those movable aluminium lourve at bottom & clear glass on top invented more than 20 years ago.

Refering to "audio" & "visual" privacy? Yet want natural air ventilation? At common corridor? Wait long long ! Don't waste money & time. Sell the house away immediately !

- Window is for air flow & light to enter house. One main big drawbacks about HDB unit is the "Common corridor" unit. Always inviting "third" eye & ear to pee into. Like pretty woman wearing very less cloth yet wanting to walk across streets, can image those "eyes", come to worse may have "hand" come into contact !

Edited by bepgof

i've seen alot of corridor units using the top and bottom window panels. quite useful imo, top part can keep open to ventilate. bottom part keep closed to keep eyes out.

I'm doing this type for my corridor windows.

I'm paying around 3.5k for all my windows(casements for others) with grilles.

There is a curtain design called "Cafe curtain" Can do a yahoo image seach based on that term. Simple method for privacy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23794101@N07/3733230219/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7423291@N04/3782660712/

I should have seen this earlier!!! I just bought some sheer curtains today so that we can open the windows..hmm, do you think it will look weird if I do this style and my windows have grilles installed?

It wld look weirder if u dun have grilles on windows facing common corridors. Most important is what the homeowner is comfortable with, and not wad others think. Do what u feel is right.

It wld look weirder if u dun have grilles on windows facing common corridors. Most important is what the homeowner is comfortable with, and not wad others think. Do what u feel is right.

Well yeah, you're right! Thanks for the idea! Will upload pictures once i decide which one to install.

I'm doing this type for my corridor windows.

I'm paying around 3.5k for all my windows(casements for others) with grilles.

1cbc2f6d.jpg

that's how it looks like. Bottom will be pasted wit frosted stickers.