Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Interested to do this. Do you ahve any contacts on where to change the existing lourve window to pane glass so this can be installed?

any window contractor can do it - price varies.

mine is considered cheap bcos i done up the whole house with the same contractor.

you can compare price with HOBEE - patrick 96792934

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bro Mace,

Are you using a timer for your ventilation fan? 15mins isit enough to flush out the hot air? I contact esaver and they actually proposed their 3hr model instead.

For mine, I asked the electrician to wire it on the same circuit as the bathroom light....so whenever I turn on the bathroom light, the fan will be turned on as well.

hi Light! thanks for sharing! so u HDB will approve lah.. jus gotta wait rite? i shall tell n pressure my ID to do tis for me.. :dancingqueen:

btw.. can share how much is the total to get this done?

The fans cost around $58 each(quoting the price for the 8 inch one, forgot the how much the 6 inch one costs).

As for the window installation, am not able to tell because my contractor bundled it together with the cost of all other windows. But it shouldn't cost that much more than $200 for both.

Anyway, just go and pester your id to get the permit and do it lah.

Is it that useful to install a tiny ventilation fan in the toilet. What's the main purpose of installing one? As i like to smoke while i do my "business" in the toilet, the fan might help a little. Other than that, i dont see the need to spent a few hundreds for this gadget. By the way, i didn't install as i find it not worth it..

I will let the rest of the people here who have installed the suction fan and have live with it to extol the virtues of having one.

The fan is not as expensive as you think. The window and installation will typically cost more than the fan...unless you are referring to the KDK Senso ventilation fan.....which is a total rip-off, IMHO.

The fan is not as expensive as you think. The window and installation will typically cost more than the fan...unless you are referring to the KDK Senso ventilation fan.....which is a total rip-off, IMHO.

:sport-smiley-004::notti::lol:

For mine, I asked the electrician to wire it on the same circuit as the bathroom light....so whenever I turn on the bathroom light, the fan will be turned on as well.

is this a straightforward job that ANY electrician can do? my electrician is the no-permit kind... :jawdrop:

i got the same quote $350 for the 15WHPA model, a piece of perspex mounted over my louvre windows and wire on the same circuit as the bathroom light. it is not the Sensu $400+++

i also feel $350 is rip-off but if i got a no-hope contractor that i have stopped using and my electrical work also completed and paid. seems like i have no choice but to get the KDK installer?? :dancingqueen:

tink i have an UNUSUAL question. hehe:p

we remove the bathroom windows completely, and will leave the opening as it is without window. tis is possible cos the opening in in our own service yard (not on facing outside) :jawdrop:

hmm, do u tink a completely open 'window opening' is enuff to ventilate our bathroom?? wat do u tink?

is this a straightforward job that ANY electrician can do? my electrician is the no-permit kind... :notti:

i got the same quote $350 for the 15WHPA model, a piece of perspex mounted over my louvre windows and wire on the same circuit as the bathroom light. it is not the Sensu $400+++

i also feel $350 is rip-off but if i got a no-hope contractor that i have stopped using and my electrical work also completed and paid. seems like i have no choice but to get the KDK installer?? :D

perspective = acrylic = plastic

$350 is cut throat!:deal:! 15whpa 6" is around $40+, 8" is around $50+

go reno firm section and search for hobee, donno such small jobs they want to do or not.

we remove the bathroom windows completely, and will leave the opening as it is without window. tis is possible cos the opening in in our own service yard (not on facing outside) :yamseng:

hmm, do u tink a completely open 'window opening' is enuff to ventilate our bathroom?? wat do u tink?

it will def help a lot for the moisture to evaporate but dont think it's enough.

dont forget about those stupid tiny flies that loves moist and grime/ especially your floortrap.

is this a straightforward job that ANY electrician can do? my electrician is the no-permit kind... !!

i also feel $350 is rip-off but if i got a no-hope contractor that i have stopped using and my electrical work also completed and paid. seems like i have no choice but to get the KDK installer?? !!

The wiring is straight forward. Any electrician worth their salt should be able to do it, just connect the light and the fan in series.

Regarding the piece of perspex mounted over louvre windows, I find that there is some redundancy. Either have the window replaced with a piece of perspex fitted with the fan or just have a louvre window.

$350 is indeed a rip-off. Please ask around for more quotes.

we remove the bathroom windows completely, and will leave the opening as it is without window. tis is possible cos the opening in in our own service yard (not on facing outside) :bangwall:

A completely "open" window does indeed provide more potential for ventilation than a louvre window, for example. But don't forget that ventilation also depends on the movement of air. On a hot humid day with no breeze, a big open window also no use.

But I must admit that having a completely "open" window is quite daring. How do you overcome the privacy issue and the possible shyness of guests who have to use the toilet, given that the opening faces your service yard?

perspective = acrylic = plastic

$350 is cut throat!:P! 15whpa 6" is around $40+, 8" is around $50+

haiz... i really dunno how. the installer's appt is Tuesday morning. like u say, it's a small job and other contractors may not want to do or may charge even more coz only doing one minor item. worse if the installer anyhow... leave more mess!

i called KDK and they told me this fan costs $129 and the cheapest i can get it outside is $110 - $120!

i mentioned to the installer i know a friend who got the fan from Jalan Besar costs only $50+. straightaway he said, that one is old model, old technology, RPM slow. the 15 whpa is new model, RPM is 1000x faster , new technology, bla bla bla. i just let him talk lah...

he just did my friend's place and they are so happy with his workmanship and that their bathrooms are dry and no-smell now.

confirm want to install. just dunno get who to do at a more reasonable price. :help:

The wiring is straight forward. Any electrician worth their salt should be able to do it, just connect the light and the fan in series.

Regarding the piece of perspex mounted over louvre windows, I find that there is some redundancy. Either have the window replaced with a piece of perspex fitted with the fan or just have a louvre window.

$350 is indeed a rip-off. Please ask around for more quotes.

Light, yours is very nicely done up. did your contractor install it for you? how much did he charge you? do u think he would entertain doing just the 2 toilets ventilation fan? :dunno:

as for the windows, the installer said he would remove two glass panes and need to have "wall spacers" to mount the perspex. i have no idea what those things are. my louvre windows are the 3-panes type.

haiz... i really dunno how. the installer's appt is Tuesday morning. like u say, it's a small job and other contractors may not want to do or may charge even more coz only doing one minor item. worse if the installer anyhow... leave more mess!

i called KDK and they told me this fan costs $129 and the cheapest i can get it outside is $110 - $120!

i mentioned to the installer i know a friend who got the fan from Jalan Besar costs only $50+. straightaway he said, that one is old model, old technology, RPM slow. the 15 whpa is new model, RPM is 1000x faster , new technology, bla bla bla. i just let him talk lah...

he just did my friend's place and they are so happy with his workmanship and that their bathrooms are dry and no-smell now.

confirm want to install. just dunno get who to do at a more reasonable price. :help:

Light, yours is very nicely done up. did your contractor install it for you? how much did he charge you? do u think he would entertain doing just the 2 toilets ventilation fan? :dunno:

as for the windows, the installer said he would remove two glass panes and need to have "wall spacers" to mount the perspex. i have no idea what those things are. my louvre windows are the 3-panes type.

go to kelantan road and see for yourself - all these simi old model are just BOO**** excuses.

was at kelantan road this afternoon and talk to their boss.

bought quite a lot of stuffs from them during reno.

Hong Kwang - Block 30 kelantan road. dont know where? then pls go to www.streetdirectory.com

62953286 - look for henry.

they have all models of kdk.

as long as someone buys the kdk fans from him, he will intro a contractor to do the fixing.

was at kelantan road this afternoon and talk to their boss.

bought quite a lot of stuffs from them during reno.

Hong Kwang - Block 30 kelantan road. dont know where? then pls go to www.streetdirectory.com

62953286 - look for henry.

they have all models of kdk.

as long as someone buys the kdk fans from him, he will intro a contractor to do the fixing.

really appreciate this!:curse: thank you Bro MaCe!;)

:rolleyes::yamseng::notti:

A completely "open" window does indeed provide more potential for ventilation than a louvre window, for example. But don't forget that ventilation also depends on the movement of air. On a hot humid day with no breeze, a big open window also no use.

But I must admit that having a completely "open" window is quite daring. How do you overcome the privacy issue and the possible shyness of guests who have to use the toilet, given that the opening faces your service yard?

ahaha... unless we have basketball player guests walking in frequently, the rest of us will have to jump veri hard to catch any action in there!

anyway, we're growing plants at the void;)

ahaha... unless we have basketball player guests walking in frequently, the rest of us will have to jump veri hard to catch any action in there!

anyway, we're growing plants at the void;)

LOL!! In that case, can consider that concept.

Worse come to worst, you can still have the option to install windows or suction fan at some later stage.

...Light, yours is very nicely done up. did your contractor install it for you? how much did he charge you? do u think he would entertain doing just the 2 toilets ventilation fan? :lol:

Thanks, babyQ.

My contractor got his window sub-con to do it for me. As I mentioned earlier, the cost is bundled together with the rest of my windows, so I have no idea how much for the installation of suction fan.

Actually, I think Mace has given a good contact. You should check it out.

ok, the deed is done.

this is my precious KDK ventilation fan. precious because i spent $400 to change 2 louvre windows (before reading MaCe $ave Money Blog and all about toilet fans!) and then $700 to install the 2 fans and remove 4 panes of glass which should have cost me no more than $40. :lol:

total damage for replacing windows and installing fans: $1100

clean, dry, odour-free toilets from henceforth: PRICELE$$

i have to justify that huge bill... :lol:

Bro MaCe, unfortunately it was too late (or too early) to call Henry this morning. and i totally forgot it's Tuesday and my appointment with the installer was at 10am!

soooo.... to cut a long story short, i went ahead getting myself chopped carrot again. but this time it was without a single ounce of regret. the installer is worth every cent i paid. very pro, very careful and treated my over-priced toilet like his own. no extra or unnecessary trunking to my already very full of trunkings toilets. he put the white wires into existing light casing (for MBR toilet) and heater casing (for common toilet).

here's the pix:

1525875174_1543f388f2_m.jpg

1525875254_4382e1e1c5_m.jpg

hope reno newbies learn from my expensive and unnecessary spending.... don't change your windows if you are going to install the toilet fan! and go look for Henry and get a cheaper installer. i am sure the quality will be equally good. i am just trying to console myself that the installer was top-notch in his job so he commanded the extra premium in fees. :lol:

this is my precious KDK ventilation fan. precious because i spent $400 to change 2 louvre windows (before reading MaCe $ave Money Blog and all about toilet fans!) and then $700 to install the 2 fans and remove 4 panes of glass which should have cost me no more than $40. :)

total damage for replacing windows and installing fans: $1100

clean, dry, odour-free toilets from henceforth: PRICELE$$

i have to justify that huge bill... :)

Bro MaCe, unfortunately it was too late (or too early) to call Henry this morning. and i totally forgot it's Tuesday and my appointment with the installer was at 10am!

aiya, nvm lor - nowadays hor - we all need to PAY $$$ to learn "something".

that piece of perspective(acrylic) wont cost more than $50

4 studs(mirror) to hold the acrylic -$20

fan - $60

man hours - $440 per hour!:bangwall: