Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Question: I read somewhere that bathroom ventilation fans work best if there is a suitable amount of space around your bathroom door so it can suck air in from outside the bathroom. Am considering to use bifold or Pd door in my bathroom, will the ventilation fan still work? (cuz i think the entire doorway will be blocked by both these doors...)

Thanks in advance

Question: I read somewhere that bathroom ventilation fans work best if there is a suitable amount of space around your bathroom door so it can suck air in from outside the bathroom. Am considering to use bifold or Pd door in my bathroom, will the ventilation fan still work? (cuz i think the entire doorway will be blocked by both these doors...)

Thanks in advance

hmmm...dont really get what u meant. Both my bathrooms are installed with ventilation fans and both using bi-fold doors. No problem using the fan and it works.

hmmm...dont really get what u meant. Both my bathrooms are installed with ventilation fans and both using bi-fold doors. No problem using the fan and it works.

thanks for the feedback. I asked because i had this rough memory of applefreak using this analogy of sucking a blocked straw in one of his posts about ventilation fans (a post which i can no longer find... if it does exist and is not a figment of my imagination...). Thanks anyway =)

Would you recommend the electric shutter type or cord operated shutter type fans? What are the pros and cons?

http://www.kdk.com.sg/product/vf/windowm.html

Mine is electric shutter type with a lourve. No idea on the pros and cons, i m going for the look and safety reason.

I paid with installation of the fan and a new pce of glass inclusive of workmanship, $260. My contractor source are from this thread, the gal name Jasmine?

question - i just got a condo and my common toilet has a ventilation fan on the (false) ceiling. However it's spoilt. (when I switch it on, the sound is like an industrial vaccum cleaner man)

where can I get a ventilation fan for ceiling ah? and who do I need to install for me? electrician?window contracotr?

question - i just got a condo and my common toilet has a ventilation fan on the (false) ceiling. However it's spoilt. (when I switch it on, the sound is like an industrial vaccum cleaner man)

where can I get a ventilation fan for ceiling ah? and who do I need to install for me? electrician?window contracotr?

The vacuum noise probably the motor bearing need replacement. Get Jasime to solve yr problems.

The vacuum noise probably the motor bearing need replacement. Get Jasime to solve yr problems.

blackcar...u mean she can change the motor bearing (?) and not change the whole fan? That should be cheaper right?

my current ventilation fan on my ceiling is a brand called Xpelair (Prod #: 89956AW)...the place is 8yrs old and I suspect it's the original fan. I tried googling for it in spore but can't find any place that sells it. =X

blackcar...u mean she can change the motor bearing (?) and not change the whole fan? That should be cheaper right?

my current ventilation fan on my ceiling is a brand called Xpelair (Prod #: 89956AW)...the place is 8yrs old and I suspect it's the original fan. I tried googling for it in spore but can't find any place that sells it. =X

You can call her and check whether she can rectify yr problems or not, i m not sure whether am i rite or not abt the bearing problems issue. So is better to ask someone to check on site. Since the brands is no longer available here, then change to the one that is available.

cheers

I'm looking to add a ventilation fan to my master bedroom bathroom. But i have louvre windows. Anyone has a contact who does it well and at a good price?

I guess some of the things that need to be done:

- remove louvre window

- replace with suitable (top-hung?) window

- install ventilation fan (heard KDK is a good brand?)

Thanks!

I'm looking to add a ventilation fan to my master bedroom bathroom. But i have louvre windows. Anyone has a contact who does it well and at a good price?

I guess some of the things that need to be done:

- remove louvre window

- replace with suitable (top-hung?) window

- install ventilation fan (heard KDK is a good brand?)

Thanks!

hi, you can give kdk a call. They have contractors who can install for you.

From what I understand, They will just remove 2 panes from your louver window, and replace with a fixed panel for the ventialtion fan. If I didn't remembered wrongly, the cost of that fan plus installation = $350

we wanted to install but looking at the price, we decided to try out w/o the fan and see if there's really a need to anot.

cos the ventilation fan itself only 100+, meaning the remaining 100+ (which cost more than the fan) is the installation inclusive the fixed panel.

hi, you can give kdk a call. They have contractors who can install for you.

From what I understand, They will just remove 2 panes from your louver window, and replace with a fixed panel for the ventialtion fan. If I didn't remembered wrongly, the cost of that fan plus installation = $350

we wanted to install but looking at the price, we decided to try out w/o the fan and see if there's really a need to anot.

cos the ventilation fan itself only 100+, meaning the remaining 100+ (which cost more than the fan) is the installation inclusive the fixed panel.

KDK is much more expensive than Jasmine in terms of labour charges.