Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

then open toilet windows and install wall fan instead.

toilet door don't do full height, leave a gap on top for ventiliation.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will be providing her with a Masterbed room. Will leave it to her whether she wish to open the door or close the door because there is a walk in wardrobe before the toilet and I may put a door at the WIW area to give her more privacy. Hence, I think she can even leave the toilet door open as long as she close the WIW entrance door.

Found an exhaust fan that is 16". I think should be able to feel the air flow already. The windows also have height of 400mm and quite a good size length (I think it is about 600mm to 650mm. Besides that, the ceiling is quite high, I think it is about 3 metres and the toilet is also quite a good size. I think this should suffice in terms of giving her sufficient air in the toilet.

Thanks again for your reply.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As promised. closeup of the exhaust fan and its wire connection.

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG

Notice the electrical box is straight above. so the wire from the fan will run vertically up and be connected within this box.

I did a separate switch for the fan, so my toilet entrance will have a 2gang switch. some pple prefer to connect the fan to the light. so light on fan on.

As promised. closeup of the exhaust fan and its wire connection.

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG

Notice the electrical box is straight above. so the wire from the fan will run vertically up and be connected within this box.

I did a separate switch for the fan, so my toilet entrance will have a 2gang switch. some pple prefer to connect the fan to the light. so light on fan on.

can exhaust fan installed at HDB kitchen?

can exhaust fan installed at HDB kitchen?

Keen to know what you want to suck out. Basically ventilation needs basic calculation:

1. Room's volume in m3

2. Air speed in m3/hr

So you will know "how fast" for air exchange. Don't make "short circulation" of air. Most fans' life span is 37,000hr if switch on 24hr a day.

Edited by bepgof

yes they do. mine was approved by hdb. got the window permit which includes fan installation

Thanks for the the info on the ventilation fans from all :-)

btw, somebody recom. jasmine fr central aluminmum (do not provide electrical works)

So anyone can provide any elec. contacts and wats the usual charges like.

Thanks loads.

<!--quoteo(post=538712:date=Jun 4 2010, 11:24 AM:name=kyan007)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kyan007 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=538712"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've arranged to install 1 exhaust fans in my MBR. No need to rebuild the window and frame. The power will be tap from the bathroom light or water heater.

I am staying in HDB with louver windows, so they will remove the glass panel and fit a panel with fan to cover the windows area.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for sharing.

I see so basically with louver windows just need to remove a few slides of glass and mount in the panel. Assuming after the installtion the louver windows can still function as per normal.

Do you have the contact of the contractor (please PM me).

Thanks

can pme me your installer contact? thanks