Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

I have called this Erik... Very rude over the phone. Even worse after coming to my house to give a quote.

He is not willing to listen to our requests/queries. All is his own opinion only. When my mom asks a question, he was like "Auntie, you're wasting my time. I came here after work and i brought my son back from school just to come to your place and you ask so many questions. If customers call me, they 100% must give me this project or else i don't want to waste my time coming up here. And you must do it MY way. No other way. If you see my design, and you will get others do it up copying my design. "

The designs he showed us were the same as the ones posted online -_-!

So far**ing expensive some more $350 for one bathroom, $700 for 2 (inclusive of fans, acrylics, installation, and electricity pulling). No discount some more for 2 bathrooms. Very rude guy, lousy attitude, and not value for money.

We have contacted Hobee Patrick - 9679 2934. Very friendly person at least over the phone and willing to discuss about our queries. Haven't got him up to my place to give a proper quote yet.

Below $350 only for 2 bathrooms - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x pulling of electricity (whatever you call it). Fans, we have to buy ourselves (I am getting the 15WHPA, which is the one Erik quoted me). Meaning a total of only $570 for both my bathrooms. A saving of $130.

Another company with good service attitude is Central Aluminium - Shuhui. 6368 3313. $480 - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x fan (i would suspect it to be the manual $50+ fan from kdk la), but no electricity installation. Not bad ya?

You guys decide for yourself. Cheers

good deal but my contarctor suggested doing up the ceiling so im doing up the ceiling with some blower ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have called this Erik... Very rude over the phone. Even worse after coming to my house to give a quote.

He is not willing to listen to our requests/queries. All is his own opinion only. When my mom asks a question, he was like "Auntie, you're wasting my time. I came here after work and i brought my son back from school just to come to your place and you ask so many questions. If customers call me, they 100% must give me this project or else i don't want to waste my time coming up here. And you must do it MY way. No other way. If you see my design, and you will get others do it up copying my design. "

So far**ing expensive some more $350 for one bathroom, $700 for 2 (inclusive of fans, acrylics, installation, and electricity pulling). No discount some more for 2 bathrooms. Very rude guy, lousy attitude, and not value for money.

We have contacted Hobee Patrick - 9679 2934. Very friendly person at least over the phone and willing to discuss about our queries. Haven't got him up to my place to give a proper quote yet.

Below $350 only for 2 bathrooms - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x pulling of electricity (whatever you call it). Fans, we have to buy ourselves (I am getting the 15WHPA, which is the one Erik quoted me). Meaning a total of only $570 for both my bathrooms. A saving of $130.

Another company with good service attitude is Central Aluminium - Shuhui. 6368 3313. $480 - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x fan (i would suspect it to be the manual $50+ fan from kdk la), but no electricity installation. Not bad ya?

Btw, mine are louver windows. Wondering if need to hack wall tiles, in order to install the ventilation fan?

Hi meemee,

Can u elaborate on how ur fan was installed? Any drilling of holes required to mount e acrylic panels to e window? How did u keep e mosquito net? Able to show a pic?

Thks!

Hi meemee,

Can u elaborate on how ur fan was installed? Any drilling of holes required to mount e acrylic panels to e window? How did u keep e mosquito net? Able to show a pic?

Thks!

Hi, sorry for this late reply. Hope my answer is still of use to you.

Instead of cutting a hole in glass, we cut a hole in the acrylic to slot in the fan. After the hole is cut, they put the fan into the acrylic pane, and then out the acrylic back into the frame. My mosquito net is a magnetic one. It still sticks onto the window frame, cos there's enough allowance for the fan to stick out from the acrylic. The prob is that the wiring from the fan creates an opening as the net can't close over the wire. I didn't realize that earlier.

So we have to be careful and make sure we manually close the cover when we turn off the fan or the mozzies will still fly in. On second thoughts, should have just chosen the more ex ones with auto shutters. More convenient, and we don't have to worry about the mozzies flying in if we forget to close the shutter.

I'm not v good with embedding pics so if you really need a pic, I'll see what I can do.

Has anyone installed a ceiling mount ventilation fan in their toilet? Any reviews, or advice on restrictions etc?

You have an outlet for the ventilating fan to discharge the wet air? There must be some way for the hot/wet air to go out.

hi guys

just a question about the toilet window. I live in a old HDB and there is a window in the toilet, that overlooks the carpark. I live in the 9th storey.

Is it possible to hack away the windows and plaster over the opening? Or it is against HDB rules? Need any permit?

You have an outlet for the ventilating fan to discharge the wet air? There must be some way for the hot/wet air to go out.

my contractor did it for me .. one hole with the fan blower and another old near the window for air circulation .. not sure how its exactly works .. but one side is the fan another is the hole ..

Actually the fan blows air outwards, not inwards. So the ventilating fan serves to discharge the wet/hot air out.

Here's an example of what I did with my toilet:

bathroom_master.jpg

hi guys

just a question about the toilet window. I live in a old HDB and there is a window in the toilet, that overlooks the carpark. I live in the 9th storey.

Is it possible to hack away the windows and plaster over the opening? Or it is against HDB rules? Need any permit?

Any hacking requires some sort of permit. Better to call your HDB branch office to check. I doubt they will allow you to cover the window completely as it will affect the facade of the building. You will probably need to reopen that window when you sell your house.

Hi, sorry for this late reply. Hope my answer is still of use to you.

Instead of cutting a hole in glass, we cut a hole in the acrylic to slot in the fan. After the hole is cut, they put the fan into the acrylic pane, and then out the acrylic back into the frame. My mosquito net is a magnetic one. It still sticks onto the window frame, cos there's enough allowance for the fan to stick out from the acrylic. The prob is that the wiring from the fan creates an opening as the net can't close over the wire. I didn't realize that earlier.

So we have to be careful and make sure we manually close the cover when we turn off the fan or the mozzies will still fly in. On second thoughts, should have just chosen the more ex ones with auto shutters. More convenient, and we don't have to worry about the mozzies flying in if we forget to close the shutter.

I'm not v good with embedding pics so if you really need a pic, I'll see what I can do.

Hi Meemee,

Thanks for the reply! do u have Hwa Kwong's contact or addr? so if i use an auto shutter fan, i should not need the mosquito net anymore right?

hi,

so you settle which co to install the vantilation fan? Shuhui? please share share...

now my ID quote me $350 for 6" and $380 for 8" only one toilet...is it reasonable?

Thanks for good feedback, I am about to call Eric tomorrow and lucky I see your post, may I know at the end which one you buy, how is the quality? Thanks in advance!

Edited by airconlin

Here are some pictures of the suction fan which I installed. One in each bathroom.

P1010118.jpg

P1010120.jpg

This is the six inch version of the fan, which strangely is more expensive than the 8 inch one.

Comes with a shutter than can be controlled with a pull string inside. If the shutter is closed(which it should when not in use), the fan will not operate. Shutter will keep the rain out on rainy days.

And its a bit of a pain the get the permit, had to wait like 2-3 weeks for HDB to approve...sianz....

Hi Light, may you provide me the contractor's contact number who did the installation for you.

If its not too troublesome, can you email to me at rmrent2012@gmail.com

Appreciate it.

Tks

Edited by Trafdragon