Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Hi All,

I need help.

My toilet has no windows so Its now installed with a KDK ceiling Ventilating Fan 27CHH.

The existing duct is a wave Pipe.

I realise the ventilating fan cannot help to dry the bathroom.

So i plan to replace it with a model from HongKong: KDK 30BGAH

http://www.shew.com.hk/english/brand/kdk/ventilation-and-air-conditioning/thermo-ventilator/30bgah.aspx

http://www.shew.com.hk/media/2909/KDK_OI_thermoVentilator_30BGAH_ct_en.pdf

Can anyone recommend a good and skillful guy to help me do the replacement?

Thanks in advance!!

I recently went to Taipei for hoilday and the service apartment I stay at has a Bathroom Warmer/dryer ventilating fan.

Its really VEry very very good for drying the bathroom even though the bathroom has no Windows. The floor was dry after abt 2 hours and if

Hang wet clothes below , the clothes dry after 2 hours!!

I believe SIngapore do no sell these becasue we have no winter.

But For a windowless toilet, I think this is God Send!

They have many many models and I liked a panasonic one. But so difficult to buy a 220V model in Taipei.

That's why i search in Hongkong and found this KDK model.

I'm sure electrical bill will be high but i'm willing to spend the money if i can Finally have a dry bathroom....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i have seen some of them are meant to be mounted on the false ceiling, any idea will it create an issue if it is dragging in moist air from the bathroom versus those that are mounted on the window glass which will throw it out into the open. Thanks.

i have seen some of them are meant to be mounted on the false ceiling, any idea will it create an issue if it is dragging in moist air from the bathroom versus those that are mounted on the window glass which will throw it out into the open. Thanks.

Hi,

if possible, it would be good if the moist air is thrown out into the open. letting moist air circulate within the false ceiling may not be so good. I have seen ceiling exhaust fan getting moist with mould before and spots (looks unhygenic). though ceiling type looks better, it would be a healtier choice to use the one on the window if possible.

Those mounted on the false ceiling will have a pipe that run to a wall opening. It will not be circulate inside the false ceiling. I am using KDK model so far so good.

Those mounted on the false ceiling will have a pipe that run to a wall opening. It will not be circulate inside the false ceiling. I am using KDK model so far so good.

Not pipe lah, it is called "ducting".

When fan is running with door closed, could be quite "noisy", as air being sucked in through the gaps underneath door. Got bad experience recently in a hotel room, can not do "business" properly with the "noisy" sound from the flush-in type ceiling mounted exhaust fan.

I think i also need to install these in all my bathrooms even with windows. Coz my towels cannot get dry..or maybe i shower too late and wake up too early???

Coz my bathroom is connected to walk in wardrobe then now i'm starting to wonder what will happen to all my leather bags over the years!

Not pipe lah, it is called "ducting".

When fan is running with door closed, could be quite "noisy", as air being sucked in through the gaps underneath door. Got bad experience recently in a hotel room, can not do "business" properly with the "noisy" sound from the flush-in type ceiling mounted exhaust fan.

Hehe, thank you for the correction.

There will surely be noise but I find it bearable after all we are not going to sleep inside the toilet.

I think i also need to install these in all my bathrooms even with windows. Coz my towels cannot get dry..or maybe i shower too late and wake up too early???

Coz my bathroom is connected to walk in wardrobe then now i'm starting to wonder what will happen to all my leather bags over the years!

Don't you have a door between the walk in wardrobe and the bathroom.

My architect design it without a door but I insist I need at least a glass door between the walk in wardrobe and the bathroom as when one taking a hot shower, there tend to have a lot of moisture in the bathroom. A big window (in place of an exhaust fan) in the bathroom do help also. IMHO.

Don't you have a door between the walk in wardrobe and the bathroom.

My architect design it without a door but I insist I need at least a glass door between the walk in wardrobe and the bathroom as when one taking a hot shower, there tend to have a lot of moisture in the bathroom. A big window (in place of an exhaust fan) in the bathroom do help also. IMHO.

Yup got 2 windows and a door in my bathroom but i normally don't close any when i shower. easier to jump out afterwards and stand in the walk in wardrobe area to figure out what i want to wear

The ceiling exhaust fan is connected to a duct which will carry the air to hole in an exterior wall. The exhaust fan is cheap (~$200-300), the ducting is expensive (Depending on length of duct). There are 2 options - flexible hose or fixed ducting. Flexible is cheaper but not much. I was quoted about $2K plus to do install 2 fans with fixed ducting in 2 toilets that are windowless.

For reducing humidity in walk-in wardrobe, one option is to install a dehumidifer (eg novita has some slim models). If you make provisions during construction, you can install a pipe to carry away the water from the demumidifier (so that you don't have to empty the water tank).

i have louvered windows in both toilets, master has one pane and kitchen its 2 side by side.

It looks to me that the louver system is attached to 2 'rails' on each side and that in turn is mounted/screwed on to the frame... so cant they just remove one set of louvers and install a fixed glass thing and attach the fan to it? removing the whole window will undoubtedly ruin the tile work beside it. I've asked some companies before and they were saying oh you have to change the whole thing and all that bull**** but I think they just wanna do a bigger job and get more money out of me.

Also what is this "MaCe $ave Money Blog" someone was talking about... mentioned something about louvered windows etc... I am not a fan of the idea of slapping the plexi glass over it.. I do not like the look I want the glass to be mounted in a frame put into place inside the existing window frame.

THANKS

So the actual cost for getting one KDK exhaust fan + installation = 1k+??

Its so exp!

Is ducting essential? or there is a chance that certain type of toilet no need ducting?