Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Man, you poisoning me leh ... I feel I shouldn't have come here asking for suggestions, should just go down and buy a cheapy Sony or Samsung HTS set and be done w/ it :D

u can still do tat. =P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Man, you poisoning me leh ... I feel I shouldn't have come here asking for suggestions, should just go down and buy a cheapy Sony or Samsung HTS set and be done w/ it :D

Why throw good money at lousy items? Its, after all, a one time well worth investments. And I believe

that one should enjoy life with balance.

u can still do tat. =P

Too late, poisoned already :(

Why throw good money at lousy items? Its, after all, a one time well worth investments. And I believe

that one should enjoy life with balance.

Yeah, I know. But there is a wife and two kids, plus a big HDB loan on the other side, hard to balance leh ...

Hi guys,

I just got this setup. Its a 5.1 System What are your opinions?

1) Fronts - Dali Ikon 1's Limited Edition ( White color, good WAF )

2) Centre - Dali motif LCR

3) sub - dali motif sub 2

4) surrounds - dls In wall 426 speakers

avr - denon 1910.

I was basically attracted to the balance of the sound in the dali speakers, and everything sounded so clear without any frequency overpowering the rest.

Hi guys,

I just got this setup. Its a 5.1 System What are your opinions?

1) Fronts - Dali Ikon 1's Limited Edition ( White color, good WAF )

2) Centre - Dali motif LCR

3) sub - dali motif sub 2

4) surrounds - dls In wall 426 speakers

avr - denon 1910.

I was basically attracted to the balance of the sound in the dali speakers, and everything sounded so clear without any frequency overpowering the rest.

Congrats for being a proud owner of a proper 5.1 HTS.

IMHO, once youve made your audition & bought the system, no point asking for opinions as youve said yourself that

"youre attracted to the balanced sound & clear w/o frequency overpowering"

For me, I tend to concur that Dali speakers tend to sound bright even for the Dali 6 & 7. I prefer a more warmer sound

esp for music listening eg chinese audiophiles, jazz, classical.

Anyway, thats me. If you appreciate what you have, just enjoy it.

Cheers

Okay, finally made my final call, bought the following:

AVR - Onkyo 608

Speakers - Fronts & Rears : Deft Tech Procinema 800 I Centre : Deft Tech Procinema 1000

Subwoofer - Velodyne CHT-8Q

Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S370

The only thing I bought against the mainstream here is the BP, got a cheapy Sony BDP-S370 as a bundled deal w/ my TV, feature-wise should be good enough to me. Besides, I got a Sony USB wireless dongle which I can use w/ the 370 BP, I guess it'd be fine for now. Might upgrade to an OPPO player in a later time when we decide to put a TV in our bedroom :)

Thanks for all the suggestion here, especially to brother vicenzo70. Really appreciate your tips and suggestions.

Now just wait for the completion of our house's renovation ...

Edited by fengwei

AVR - Onkyo 608

Speakers - Fronts & Rears : Deft Tech Procinema 800 I Centre : Deft Tech Procinema 1000

The only thing I bought against the mainstream here is the BP, got a cheapy Sony BDP-S370 as a bundled deal w/ my TV, feature-wise should be good enough to me. Besides, I got a Sony USB wireless dongle which I can use w/ the 370 BP, I guess it'd be fine for now. Might upgrade to an OPPO player in a later time when we decide to put a TV in our bedroom :)

Thanks for all the suggestion here, especially to brother vicenzo70. Really appreciate your tips and suggestions.

same system as mine... hmm, but i bet u took all black huh. my 2 rears is white, by da way. find it more cool to have diff colors, make it less like a home-theater-in-a-box. wall mount? mine is fixed wif customised front brackets by KEC, so dat it wun be potruding too much... & also my lil' one wun be able to pull the wires and crash my speakers if it isnt wall mount...

same system as mine... hmm, but i bet u took all black huh. my 2 rears is white, by da way. find it more cool to have diff colors, make it less like a home-theater-in-a-box. wall mount? mine is fixed wif customised front brackets by KEC, so dat it wun be potruding too much... & also my lil' one wun be able to pull the wires and crash my speakers if it isnt wall mount...

Yeah, I just copied whatever you have in your sig, except the player ;) Maybe I'd regret down the road, but we might need another player anyway... So for now the Sony should be fine :) Its reviews aren't bad anyway.

I did ask them about changing the rear speakers to white ones, but was told they have to be special orders, which takes much longer time. Thought it over, white speakers on not-so-white wall probably don't look nice either. So we scrapped that idea and stick to black ones. Also asked them about mounting the front speakers on TV wall, but in that case they can't use better quality (thick wires) which they promised to give us FOC, only normal thin wires can be used to make the setup look nice. So we scrapped that idea too.

congrats to the both of you :)

what you have looks good.

AVR - Onkyo 608

Bro congrats!!!

Good choice on velodyne sub & AVR. Almost a perfect, harmonious combination.

next step up for you is to get a better BR player & maybe a better subwoofer cable. Maybe you can budget for a better HDMI cable.

:dancingqueen:

Ok anyway keen on R1 DVDs? Im getting rid of my very mint collection.

1. man on Fire $6

2. Riddick & Pitch Black - 2 disc set - $10

3. Predator - 2 disc set - $8

4. Rent - $6

5. Dracula - 2 disc set - $8

6. Seven - $6

7. LOTR - Fellowship of the Rings (extended version - 4 disc) - $22

8. LOTR - Two Towers (extended version - 4 disc) - $22

9. LOTR - return of the King (extended version - 4 disc) -$22

That's it for now. PM me.

Cheers

Yeah, I just copied whatever you have in your sig, except the player ;) Maybe I'd regret down the road, but we might need another player anyway... So for now the Sony should be fine :) Its reviews aren't bad anyway.

I did ask them about changing the rear speakers to white ones, but was told they have to be special orders, which takes much longer time. Thought it over, white speakers on not-so-white wall probably don't look nice either. So we scrapped that idea and stick to black ones. Also asked them about mounting the front speakers on TV wall, but in that case they can't use better quality (thick wires) which they promised to give us FOC, only normal thin wires can be used to make the setup look nice. So we scrapped that idea too.

well, mine is wall mount for front speakers, & yet they able to provide me wif the Monster cables. Hmm...

Anyway, bro Vic, better hdmi cable? I googles online & found there no diff btw hdmi cables. Also, which subwoofer cable would u recommend? Thx! By da way, I only collect blu ray, so far only 3 movies: dark knight, batman begins & tf2. Heard Oppo 80 dun play DVD as gd as 83. Dats y I yet to buy any DVD.

well, mine is wall mount for front speakers, & yet they able to provide me wif the Monster cables. Hmm...

Anyway, bro Vic, better hdmi cable? I googles online & found there no diff btw hdmi cables. Also, which subwoofer cable would u recommend? Thx! By da way, I only collect blu ray, so far only 3 movies: dark knight, batman begins & tf2. Heard Oppo 80 dun play DVD as gd as 83. Dats y I yet to buy any DVD.

HDMI try MONOPRICE. My subwoofer cable cost me $85 but I cant remember what brand. It sure gives it an additional 30% boost.

getting rid of my DVD collection (about 600++) in favor for Blurays now. Now standing at 130 BRs & it still a long way before I can stock it up.

Cheers

HDMI try MONOPRICE. My subwoofer cable cost me $85 but I cant remember what brand. It sure gives it an additional 30% boost.

getting rid of my DVD collection (about 600++) in favor for Blurays now. Now standing at 130 BRs & it still a long way before I can stock it up.

Cheers

$85 = 30% boost is a sound investment... poison, poison, poison...

AVR - Onkyo 608

got the same system too...cant wait for the installation this week.... :D

Vincenzo bro, anything i should lookout for before/after they have set up the system??

Bro congrats!!!

Good choice on velodyne sub & AVR. Almost a perfect, harmonious combination.

next step up for you is to get a better BR player & maybe a better subwoofer cable. Maybe you can budget for a better HDMI cable.

:dancingqueen:

Ok anyway keen on R1 DVDs? Im getting rid of my very mint collection.

1. man on Fire $6

2. Riddick & Pitch Black - 2 disc set - $10

3. Predator - 2 disc set - $8

4. Rent - $6

5. Dracula - 2 disc set - $8

6. Seven - $6

7. LOTR - Fellowship of the Rings (extended version - 4 disc) - $22

8. LOTR - Two Towers (extended version - 4 disc) - $22

9. LOTR - return of the King (extended version - 4 disc) -$22

That's it for now. PM me.

Cheers

woo tempted....