Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Hi me new to audio system.. Just bought a Phillip HTS 5561 AT THE EXPO. Is a 5.1 set up. Any comment or when setting up any thing to look out for???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone can advice??? No?? :unsure:

Hi all, i'm know nothing about audio therefore need advices from the gurus here.

I'm intend to turn one of my room into a TV room but don't know what sound system should i go for?

No need to be too pro, but a decent entertainment system which can achieve the sound effect similar of being in a cinema.

Most of the time i'm will be playing the video/movie from my laptop so not use for BR.

For my case, which basic entry level system should i get and where should i purchase from with a decent price?

TIA

Hie guys,

Im planning to get a HT when the house is starting to do reno...

Do the HT guys will do all those sound tuning and wiring on the ceiling too?

I have budget of $2k not going for high end stuff yet...

Was thinking of this as below:

p08.jpg

Heard many reviews the Sound System not "that" great...more to design...n this model launch in yr 2008??

Any other recommendation? not going too high end at the moment...

Prefer watching movies (media box those types) maybe occasionally Blue ray just to test the Sound System~

For wiring, your id's electrician can do for you. For reviews of your highlighted system, I cant reali help.. Paiseh.. But if it's any help I got the Denon AVR2311 and JBL SCS 200.5 Speakers for $1599 at Audiohouse during one of their sales. Sound quality when testing at Audiohouse was pretty good for me.

Edited by adrielx

Hi guys need ur expertise on advising if the pro cinema 600 is sutible for my living room. My living room is a rectangular size, and the hts will be set up at the corner of the living room. Setup area is 7.2 ft by 11.2 ft.

Thanks

Hi guys need ur expertise on advising if the pro cinema 600 is sutible for my living room. My living room is a rectangular size, and the hts will be set up at the corner of the living room. Setup area is 7.2 ft by 11.2 ft.

Thanks

Maybe let us know your budget and habit (eg, 50% movies 50% music) will help.

Hi, 50% movie and 50% music. Is good if i can hook up to xbox in near future !

Budget? Hmm... XBOX, errr.. I am a playstation lover know nuts about XBOX. But shld be able to connect with most receivers

For a 5.1 and avr, your choices are more of satellites from Boston acoustics, pro cinema, Cambridge, etc with onkyo 509 or denon, etc. do go around listen and see which are the ones that u feel the punch for movies and clarity for music. Bring ur Fav show and music cd along and always play the same scene or track for all demos.

Sound like a good system

For a 5.1 and avr, your choices are more of satellites from Boston acoustics, pro cinema, Cambridge, etc with onkyo 509 or denon, etc. do go around listen and see which are the ones that u feel the punch for movies and clarity for music. Bring ur Fav show and music cd along and always play the same scene or track for all demos.

Edited by Bun

Thanks Drexter.

I went down today to try out the pro cinema 600. Its really good but i'm afraid it is good due to the small enclosed room. Given that this HTS will be installed in my living room, I need to be sure i am purchasing a set that can play well given the setup area is 350 cm by 220cm and note that its not an enclosed area.

If u look at the pic i drawn, the black box is my living room, plan to setup the HTS in the red box(350 cm by 220cm). Thats my only worry.

LivingRm.jpg

Thanks Drexter.

I went down today to try out the pro cinema 600. Its really good but i'm afraid it is good due to the small enclosed room. Given that this HTS will be installed in my living room, I need to be sure i am purchasing a set that can play well given the setup area is 350 cm by 220cm and note that its not an enclosed area.

If u look at the pic i drawn, the black box is my living room, plan to setup the HTS in the red box(350 cm by 220cm). Thats my only worry.

LivingRm.jpg

Can get them to play it at a bigger room? I dun think their small room is smaller than ur red rectangle right?

Hi Drexter, i mean for my case i'm afriad that the sound will escape cox no partition in the living room.

For the demo room its enclose, its like watching a tv in ur room vs watching tv in the living room. Sound quality will really be diff.

Can get them to play it at a bigger room? I dun think their small room is smaller than ur red rectangle right?

Edited by fsunglim