Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

maybe they use sound proof too to make the sound environment better~

I was thinking dor 2k budget is it sufficient for a average HTS?

Im planning to put $2k for HTS too...just worried went visiting Adelphi i will be tempted and slash the cash which over my budget~ :sport-smiley-004:

Any review on the Podspeakers?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

After reading all the info in this forum. Have really gained alot of knowledge on amps, speakers and HTS. But it might be a little too late as I have already committed to 5 mirage prestige satellite speakers for my HTS. Will be running on onkyo 609. My oc only permitted me to mount small speakers on the wall.

Problems are as follows

1) seems like no one talk much on mirage speakers,. Is it because of it's limitation due to it's size? I was recommended to use one of it to run as center speaker by Harvey Norman sales rep. I was blown away, at least it is enough based on my expectation.

2) based on what I have read, it seems like 609 will not be sufficient to power up the speakers. I'm also running on mm8 mirage woofer.

Kindly advice if mirage can add as center speaker. Or should I change to other brand for the center speaker? Provided my amp can power up all the speakers.

Can any kind soul advise me if I should change my 609 to 709(can add on another amplifier)or straight away go for 809?(able to power up all the speakers with this amp?). I will stick to onkyo amp. Although 609 and above can support up to 7.2. I will stick to 5.1 setup.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LouisLum

Hi guys,

Just got this setup which should be delivered soon - can't wait for it to be up and running.

I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of AV, but have done a little bit of homework, so I'm just sharing :sport-smiley-018:

Sony VPL HW-20 Projector

Morel MT-1 5.1 speaker system

Elite fixed screen 92"

Marantz NR 1601 receiver

Dune Smart B-1 Blu ray media player

Anyone have any reviews / comments. Hope there's only good mentions here! Haha

Wah all of a sudden no replies liao :dunno:

Hi guys,

Just got this setup which should be delivered soon - can't wait for it to be up and running.

I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of AV, but have done a little bit of homework, so I'm just sharing :sport-smiley-018:

Sony VPL HW-20 Projector

Morel MT-1 5.1 speaker system

Elite fixed screen 92"

Marantz NR 1601 receiver

Dune Smart B-1 Blu ray media player

Anyone have any reviews / comments. Hope there's only good mentions here! Haha

I think my setup definitely not too powerful. Everyone here seems **** pro.

The speakers all big big expensive expensive type. Look until blur also.

Actually, there are a lot of different brands / combinations out there.

Gets really confusing sometimes....

@ avant,

Budget? Guess if you have an budget in mind, is easier for audiophile to give you their pro feedback.

IMO, soundbar for minimalist i would place in the MBR or any common room if i wish to enjoy the virtual surround sound.

For 5.1 you are looking at HTS or customize hi-fi which consist of Amp, satellite, woofer, cables...this need to set you back at least S$3k~ :rolleyes:

Terencetcw -

I guess my budget is up to $1000? Looking for something decent that can give nice sound for movie viewing and ambient music. I guess I will be placing it in the living room so was wondering if a soundbar will be able to give me that effect as it is also space saving.

Hi all,

After reading all the info in this forum. Have really gained alot of knowledge on amps, speakers and HTS. But it might be a little too late as I have already committed to 5 mirage prestige satellite speakers for my HTS. Will be running on onkyo 609. My oc only permitted me to mount small speakers on the wall.

Problems are as follows

1) seems like no one talk much on mirage speakers,. Is it because of it's limitation due to it's size? I was recommended to use one of it to run as center speaker by Harvey Norman sales rep. I was blown away, at least it is enough based on my expectation.

2) based on what I have read, it seems like 609 will not be sufficient to power up the speakers. I'm also running on mm8 mirage woofer.

Kindly advice if mirage can add as center speaker. Or should I change to other brand for the center speaker? Provided my amp can power up all the speakers.

Can any kind soul advise me if I should change my 609 to 709(can add on another amplifier)or straight away go for 809?(able to power up all the speakers with this amp?). I will stick to onkyo amp. Although 609 and above can support up to 7.2. I will stick to 5.1 setup.

Thanks in advance.

Get amp based on it budget. Most likely u won't be changing ur amp that soon. So if budget allow, stretch more. Can do bi-amping also if u only using 5.1. As for center, it is impt for hts as dialogue comes from there all the time.

Hi All,

Any review on Focal Dome 5.1? was looking into it now. Yet to test the SQ for this baby~ worth of investing?

@avant,

$1k can get a decent ones too...i bump into Harvy and BEST saw their Samsung HTS or Sony seems pretty good the sounds are ok with nice tall satellites~ :)

Planning to install Monoprice 6816 as the surround speakers. My focus is on music, so just get the Monoprice to mount on the false ceiling so no view of cables or brackets. Also putting another pair in the bedroom powered by the same Marantz AVR. Hope all turns out ok when fully setup.

Edited by lwm99

Hi guys any reviews on Yamaha VX671 Amp?

Max config 7.1 running 1.4 HDMI but without AirPlay.

Worth of getting @ S$999?

Do you guys change the cable as well?

What is the average cable to deliver acceptable SQ?

Thanks