Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Hi guys any reviews on Yamaha VX671 Amp?

Max config 7.1 running 1.4 HDMI but without AirPlay.

Worth of getting @ S$999?

Do you guys change the cable as well?

What is the average cable to deliver acceptable SQ?

Thanks

Hi Terencetcw,

Have found out the review for the Yamaha RX-V671. Just follow the below llink for the review :)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-v671

As for the cables, there are lots of cables which you can find in the market. :) You might want to consider the Ultralink and XLO. We are using the XLO to the Yamaha AVR in our showroom to the B&W speakers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

I am looking to setup my first HT ! yahooo!

Can members kindly give some input?

My AVR choices for now,

1. pioneer vsx 921

2. denon 1912

3. onkyo 609

and pairing with 5.1 speakers,

1. Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1

Or should I get simple and go for Onkyo ht-s5400

is the future of HT moving towards HTIB?

Thanks!

This is almost the same as what I got!

I have the Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1 coupled with a Denon AVR x1000. This setup works very very well for movies and games. Been enjoying the system for the last couple of months.

The Denon also supports bluetooth, airplay, DLNA all that, so it's also easy for me to stream music in my phone direct to the amp via wifi. I have the amp connected by LAN cable.

Music wise... these are still satellites, so they are going to be a bit lacking of the mid-ranges, but I really can't complain cause I don't have the space nor the cash for better systems.

Best part? I managed to get both the amp and the 5.1 system for a total of $899 at Courts Tampines. What a steal.

Can't comment on your choices of AVRs, but if you ever consider a setup like mine and get a good deal, I don't think you'll regret it.

Hi, I just trade in my Bose lifestyle 25, it have been with me since1996,good decent sound with less clutter , now it's time to upgrade 535 ;).