Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Newkdk Model V60wk/v56vk Are They Suitable For Hdb?

I have KDK AY11S been using for more then 1 year but think the wind might not be strong enough think of changing

Saw KDK had 2 new models

V60WK

V56VK

Anyone know if they are suitable for HDB ?

I know the AY11s is suitable for HDB but just not sure about these 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have KDK AY11S been using for more then 1 year but think the wind might not be strong enough think of changing

Saw KDK had 2 new models

V60WK

V56VK

Is there a ruling that states the types of fan one can use for HDB?

The 2 models above are definitely suitable... nice styling and strong wind. In Malaysia, they are named Sensa

BUT there are many shops in SG really anti-this Made in Malaysia fan... prefer to push locally assembled brands, eg Crestar, Elmark. They keep harping these fans are not 'approved' in SG and difficult to get them serviced if they have problems.

Think HDB has rules like how low the fan can be or how heavy the fan can be

I think AY11s is the only one in the market previously that met the conditions

The 2 new ones I am not sure thought their weight and height seem close to AY11s

Think HDB has rules like how low the fan can be or how heavy the fan can be

I think AY11s is the only one in the market previously that met the conditions

The 2 new ones I am not sure thought their weight and height seem close to AY11s

Given the low ceiling in HDBs... I'm sure KDK has adjusted their fans to the local market requirements. Most fans' steel rod also shorter than those in Malaysia

"the height clearance for the ceiling fan is 2.4m above floor level."

does it means that before installing the fan, the actual floor to ceiling height is 2.4m?

or 2.4m is from floor to fan blade?

btw, where can get the cheapest v60wk and v56vk??? i visited a few places, the price is all $400+ on the high end... :o isit so exp???

btw, where can get the cheapest v60wk and v56vk??? i visited a few places, the price is all $400+ on the high end... :o isit so exp???

Try Everjoint in AMK. If I remember correctly, they quote me $300+.

Saw KDK had 2 new models

V60WK

V56VK

hi, i was thinking to install KDK AY11S to my living area size abt 3m x 3m. do u think the wind will be gd enough to cool the area by using speed 2? (i believe your living area is much bigger)

or could anyone who is using KDK AY11S kindly give some feedback on the wind strength? thanks.

the height clearance means the distance between the fan blades and the floor must be 2.4 m

Whether to follow or not it's still up to individual. :)

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

aiyo...then my place cannot install liao loh...sian...

floor to ceiling is already 2.4m

skali my fren come to my place, lift up their hand to stretch & kena chop off... :P

aiyo...then my place cannot install liao loh...sian...

floor to ceiling is already 2.4m

skali my fren come to my place, lift up their hand to stretch & kena chop off... :P

most fans (w/o light) have a dropdown height of 35cm max. so the floor to fan height is still above 2m. your basketball fren so tall meh? how often they visit your place?

Edited by neubie

most fans (w/o light) have a dropdown height of 35cm max. so the floor to fan height is still above 2m. your basketball fren so tall meh? how often they visit your place?

i think he's joking la bro... :)

Bro,

Tks for your great info.

So with my ceiling neight of 240cm, fan drop down height of 35cm, that leaves me with only 205cm of clearance from floor to fan blade!

Most of my frens are bet 1.75-1.85m, so when they stretch their hands they might just be a few cm close to the blade liao.

It's no joke if they bring their kids & carry them & heap hands kena chop off...

Saw KDK had 2 new models

V60WK

V56VK

Any idea how much these two models cost? I am looking to buy a few fans for my resale HDB flat.

Hi everyone,

I checked the price of the 56VK at a shop in Jalan Besar road, and was quoted S$380 without delivery and installation. Is this a good price, or are there shops selling for cheaper?

Edited by fullerms