Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Newkdk Model V60wk/v56vk Are They Suitable For Hdb?

Hi everyone,

I checked the price of the 56VK at a shop in Jalan Besar road, and was quoted S$380 without delivery and installation. Is this a good price, or are there shops selling for cheaper?

yes, cheaper than EJ. is the shop at veerasamy road?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Are they suitable for HDB?

Yes, and they're fantastic and work like a gem!

They're so powerful, I always keep it to the lowest speed.

One of my best investment!

Here's mine:

v60wk

44602_421530626510_556136510_5344314_189

v56vk

47570_421530536510_556136510_5344303_160

44686_421530691510_556136510_5344317_172

Here's mine:

v60wk

v56vk

Great!

Any idea what is the diameter (or furthest distance away from the fan) the wind can circular or blow underneath the fan?

Cos my bro recently mounted the fan at a low height and may need to shift away for safety reasons...but afriad that shifting away may not get the wind from the sofa area

Here's mine:

v60wk

v56vk

Can i check wif you is the fan shaky? Mine is shaky... I am wondering izzit due to the censor and that is why shaky or izzit due to balancing problem?

Mine 5-bladed 60" Kdk runs fine w/o wobbling at all speeds. Check if the ceiling hook is the correct size.

IMG_1259.jpg

I personally watch my electrician installed mine n no balancing was done whatsoever. Too big or too small hook may cause the anchor more freeplay n that might cause wobbling.

IMG_1276.jpg

Make sure the gap (between the two white piece) on the fan assembly has a black thick rubber bush ring that fits snugly into the ceiling hook eyelet during installation. Some installers bring either too big/small ceiling hook such that the supplied rubber bushing cant fit nicely n conveniently throw away that for easy mounting. If thats the case, high chance the fan will wobble. If not get Kdk technical support take a look.

IMG_1277.jpg

Edited by neubie

Is there a ruling that states the types of fan one can use for HDB?

The 2 models above are definitely suitable... nice styling and strong wind. In Malaysia, they are named Sensa

BUT there are many shops in SG really anti-this Made in Malaysia fan... prefer to push locally assembled brands, eg Crestar, Elmark. They keep harping these fans are not 'approved' in SG and difficult to get them serviced if they have problems.

Hi d'lotus,

The reason the shops in SG push locally assembled brands is due to the fact that margin for KDK fans is really really low due to strict price control from the main distributer. So given a choice shops here would like to push for local fans which give them higher margin.

That said, I have V56VK as well V60WK in stock in my warehouse. Wholesale prices, no gimmicks, no hefty retail outlet rental costs. Also I have stock of most other KDK models of fans as well.

Interested folks do drop me a PM and see what I have to offer.

Cheers,

Jia Jun

Mine 5-bladed 60" Kdk runs fine w/o wobbling at all speeds. Check if the ceiling hook is the correct size.

IMG_1259.jpg

I personally watch my electrician installed mine n no balancing was done whatsoever. Too big or too small hook may cause the anchor more freeplay n that might cause wobbling.

IMG_1276.jpg

Make sure the gap (between the two white piece) on the fan assembly has a black thick rubber bush ring that fits snugly into the ceiling hook eyelet during installation. Some installers bring either too big/small ceiling hook such that the supplied rubber bushing cant fit nicely n conveniently throw away that for easy mounting. If thats the case, high chance the fan will wobble. If not get Kdk technical support take a look.

IMG_1277.jpg

Thanks neubie, for providing very useful info and pics about these fans. Question, do the ceiling hooks come with the fan, or do they have to be provided by the electrician?

Also noticed that you used down lights near the places where you installed ceiling fans, were you concerned with the strobe/flickering effect or was it just personal preference?

Cheers.

Thanks neubie, for providing very useful info and pics about these fans. Question, do the ceiling hooks come with the fan, or do they have to be provided by the electrician?

Also noticed that you used down lights near the places where you installed ceiling fans, were you concerned with the strobe/flickering effect or was it just personal preference?

Cheers.

No flickering whatsoever, since the downlights are quite narrow and focused in terms of directivity...

No flickering whatsoever, since the downlights are quite narrow and focused in terms of directivity...

Thanks. Do I need to provide the ceiling hooks?

Thanks. Do I need to provide the ceiling hooks?

your installer will take care of that. just make sure upon completion, fire up and run at all speeds to verify no wobbling or instability.

your installer will take care of that. just make sure upon completion, fire up and run at all speeds to verify no wobbling or instability.

Thanks for the advice, I will take note.

hi all

was wondering what the LED illumination lamp is? it's the lamp at the bottom end? is it bright?

Hi pal,

The LED lamp is for deco purpose, can't use to light up the area.

Hope tis helps

:drunk: pal

Hi pal,

The LED lamp is for deco purpose, can't use to light up the area.

Hope tis helps

:drunk: pal

thanks bro!

i'm considering one with light - but too bad kdk don't have any. i've really come to trust the brand.

thanks bro!

i'm considering one with light - but too bad kdk don't have any. i've really come to trust the brand.

Hi pal,

U're most welcome.., :wub: :wub:

Glad I'm able to help out.

:drunk: and hv a nice evening ;)