Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rickzan

Executive Masionette

I'm currently staying in 412 till the end of the year when I up sticks to Serangoon. Been here since the estate came up. This area was previously prawn farming ponds.

The reason why there's so much more FT in Teban is because Sheng Siong and NTUC, and also because the workers dorms are in Penjuru. My block got a few units that are rented out to FT, both PRC shipyard and Cycle & Carriage mechanics as well as Indian shipyard workers.

The current shopping centre in Teban is quite underutilized - the two food courts upstairs were suffering poor business a few years back, at one of the coffee shops, the main tenant had to resort to multitasking and running other food stalls because he couldn't find tenants to run these food stalls to provide enough variety for the food court.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cleong : So u have bought a unit in Serangoon ? Any idea what will be develop at the enbloc units? Teban Vista are for those residents whose bloc had been enbloc? Hmmm... mayb wen the Teban Vista are up mayb the business would be improved. I did go viewing once at Pandan . The block face directly to the Temple but find that its too far fm the amneties.

my dad is getting a replacement unit in teban vista. although the current flat is better loacted near to main road. the new site is too deep inside and where all the workers gather at night. true teban place plaza is under utilized where most unit is still vacant . pandan is slightly more to people who like quietness. after 7pm hardly any shops there. teban and pandan both will be much sought once the jurong lake dstrict is up.

Cleong : So u have bought a unit in Serangoon ? Any idea what will be develop at the enbloc units? Teban Vista are for those residents whose bloc had been enbloc? Hmmm... mayb wen the Teban Vista are up mayb the business would be improved. I did go viewing once at Pandan . The block face directly to the Temple but find that its too far fm the amneties.

Yes, bought a unit in Serangoon. No idea what the plans are at the en-bloc-ed units but it should be similar to what happens at other HDB estates undergoing en-bloc, either its sold as BTO or HDB builds apartment blocks, but with higher population density.

I had viewed one EM at Teban Block 51, I think it was 10th floor, some months back. The EM here are the cheapest in Singapore by a big margin, next cheaper lot is at Jurong West/Woodlands area.

Salavanun : So workers always gather during nite hours. The other time when we went night hours cant even see a single worker under the block..haha..i guess go wrong timing ...tink shall stay under the block n moniter haha...

Cleong : Congrats on your new purchase !! So your current flat is sold to who and how much was the cov if you don"t mind to share ?

the workers wont loiter under the blocks as i mentioned cisco officers patrolling there at night. they normally hang ard teban place and the open field and mostly ard the reservor. this cant be avoid as domitory down the road. there is significant foreigners in teban due to close proximity to industrial area. the block which i currently staying is mostlyworkers renting. they dun give much a problem but sometimes i hate it when they jam the lifts with their bicycles :(

Salavanun : Which block are u currently staying ? Next week will be the last week for me to decide .. Location its ok..don't mind far fm MRT coz we drive. Amneties wise looks quite ok..

bro go for it. staying now at blk 3. my bro also bought at 54 4 room at 240k probably the cheapest also :D teban will be revamped but have to be patient. me shifting out to j east next mth. coz i realy need the skool for my kids. but most probably will be back to teban someday coz my dad flat most likely i will buy over..cheers

Hi Rickzan, which blk are you refering?

i just move in this year on April after my reno.

i bought this flat directly from HDB which is vacant for 1 and a half year or more. heard history is a couple divorce and repossess back by HDB. Before my balloting execrise, there is a buyer had paid a deposit but give up after FS master say the FS not gd for him.

My point of view is it is kinda of investment now and hope improvements will come as years come by. Anyway, the new blocks are coming up next 2 years or less. My buddy fren bought one of them so i have company.

just my 2 cents view.

Hi Rickzan, which blk are you refering?

i just move in this year on April after my reno.

i bought this flat directly from HDB which is vacant for 1 and a half year or more. heard history is a couple divorce and repossess back by HDB. Before my balloting execrise, there is a buyer had paid a deposit but give up after FS master say the FS not gd for him.

My point of view is it is kinda of investment now and hope improvements will come as years come by. Anyway, the new blocks are coming up next 2 years or less. My buddy fren bought one of them so i have company.

just my 2 cents view.