Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chia90

Tenant Sublet Illegally. What Can Landlord Do?

Hi,

Anyone experience the above? or anyone know what can the landlord do to legally evict the tenants and subtenants asap?? Seems like police will not be able to help in such cases..

thks and rgds,

:(:bangwall:

Edited by chia90

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Anyone experience the above? or anyone know what can the landlord do legally evict the tenants and subtenants asap?? Seems like police will not be able to help in such cases..

thks and rgds,

:(:bangwall:

1. You must realise one thing: Police handles only "criminal" natural of happenings, & once police take record meaning they "open a new case", they have to do something in order to "close the case". There can not have too many "outstanding" cases remained unsolved reflected in the monthly report, so, as far as they could, just "verbally advise", & don't open a new case.

2. This situation renders TA void automatically, don't tell me you have no TA signed.

3. Then "settle in private" lor - nego for new terms, if fails, threaten lah. Ask reporters to take pictures & interview them why they do this.

Edited by bepgof

1. You must realise one thing: Police handles only "criminal" natural of happenings, & once police take record meaning they "open a new case", they have to do something in order to "close the case". There can not have too many "outstanding" cases remained unsolved reflected in the monthly report, so, as far as they could, just "verbally advise", & don't open a new case.

2. This situation renders TA void automatically, don't tell me you have no TA signed.

3. Then "settle in private" lor - nego for new terms, if fails, threaten lah. Ask reporters to take pictures & interview them why they do this.

Hi Bepgof,

called and reported to police to request them to check if the addtl pple in house are illegals.. got a police report and was told to go to subcourt to file a request.. :(

have a proper TA. Stamped and paid. :)

wah.. can meh? In my heart, very disappoint with the tenant for doing this nonsense behind my back... so thinking of chasing them out asap... especially the subtenants... not 1, not 2, but > 5 !!

The surprising thing is it seems i cannot do anything to them as this time... and the tenant still very ya ya...make me feel like bring 5 big padlocks and lock up the place.... :curse:

thks and rgds,

Edited by chia90

Almost all TA I have come across have a no sublet cluase and must register the occupants. How can yrs be considered a proper TA????

Hi Bepgof,

called and reported to police to request them to check if the addtl pple in house are illegals.. got a police report and was told to go to subcourt to file a request.. :(

have a proper TA. Stamped and paid. :)

wah.. can meh? In my heart, very disappoint with the tenant for doing this nonsense behind my back... so thinking of chasing them out asap... especially the subtenants... not 1, not 2, but > 5 !!

The surprising thing is it seems i cannot do anything to them as this time... and the tenant still very ya ya...make me feel like bring 5 big padlocks and lock up the place.... :curse:

thks and rgds,

1. Serve him a written notice, counter sign by both to void TA. Ask all out within how many days?? Any clause to support?.Bring muscular men with you for private nego...remember the rule of thumb: "He who shout louder will get it first".

2. Bear in mind, you are fully responsible for "anything wrong" , if the >5 subtenants theft, modest, drunken, noise....cause to neighbours.... & reported to HDB, you will kena letter...

Edited by bepgof

hi

normally there will be a clause in the contract to say that the tenant are not allowed to sublet the rooms.

if found, tenant and subtenant can be evicted with deposit being forfeited as they breached the contract.

Thanks Yoongf, Bepgof, Rayu04 for your replies.

Yes, i have a proper TA that states no sublet, no pets, and the 5 registered occupants..

But the tenant has > 1 dogs, > 5 subtenants....and always late for payments...

so i will be serving him a notice soon and evict order next ( if i can get one ).

thks and rgds,

the dogs are a problem.

if the tenants refuse to move, you can actually get an order to break and enter. but because of the dogs in the house, you cannot lock them out. (cannot lock up the flat if there are living things inside.)

the dogs are a problem.

if the tenants refuse to move, you can actually get an order to break and enter. but because of the dogs in the house, you cannot lock them out. (cannot lock up the flat if there are living things inside.)

Spoken to the IO, apparently, I can put a padlock if there are no humans inside... Pets are fine... IF i really have to do that, i will ensure the dogs have access to water and food.

One thing for sure, it is really quite a hassle to 'move' pple out when such things happen...and the AGENT company does not help much, except as to stand as a witness in the case of lawsuit.

Spoken to the IO, apparently, I can put a padlock if there are no humans inside... Pets are fine... IF i really have to do that, i will ensure the dogs have access to water and food.

One thing for sure, it is really quite a hassle to 'move' pple out when such things happen...and the AGENT company does not help much, except as to stand as a witness in the case of lawsuit.

FYI.

Finally, the tenants and subtenants are out of the hse. Some more got the cheek to bring 2 heavily tattooed guy and woman to demand for deposit on the final day...

met the neighbours and learnt that he sublet to a few batches (foreign students) and forfeited their money by kicking them out for small matters like cooking noodles, etc.

just like to warn fellow forumers of this guy in case he wants to rent/rented your hse....his details :

1) Koh Seng Yak ( S26137**F)

2) Ong Khar Cheng (S12405**J)

3) Tan Guat Eng (S14582**F)

take care.

FYI.

Finally, the tenants and subtenants are out of the hse. Some more got the cheek to bring 2 heavily tattooed guy and woman to demand for deposit on the final day...

met the neighbours and learnt that he sublet to a few batches (foreign students) and forfeited their money by kicking them out for small matters like cooking noodles, etc.

just like to warn fellow forumers of this guy in case he wants to rent/rented your hse....his details :

1) Koh Seng Yak ( S26137**F)

2) Ong Khar Cheng (S12405**J)

3) Tan Guat Eng (S14582**F)

take care.

omg .... i thought the deposit should be forfeited due to breach of clause ? Or the 2 tattooed guys pressured u into refunding them ?

the 2nd name sounds funny ..... cheng - chng

Edited by Reno Guru

good for you the tenant are out of house finally . I think i will give 1 month termination after 6month because I can't stand the smell from common room (tenants).

I thought that the rental deposit would be forfeited in the case of breached rental (they illegally sublet the flat)? Did you return these idiotic tenants the deposit?? >,<

I thought that the rental deposit would be forfeited in the case of breached rental (they illegally sublet the flat)? Did you return these idiotic tenants the deposit?? >,<

Nope. I fortfeited the rental deposit.... but not without some 'sweating'..... the tenant brought along 1 male and 1 female with many big 'ang kongs' to demand for return of the deposit...

And now, i still received letters for them...from PUB and other finance companies... I think they are quite problematic all along...

glad that they are out of the house.

Nope. I fortfeited the rental deposit.... but not without some 'sweating'..... the tenant brought along 1 male and 1 female with many big 'ang kongs' to demand for return of the deposit...

And now, i still received letters for them...from PUB and other finance companies... I think they are quite problematic all along...

glad that they are out of the house.

Congras to you. Finally a knot is untied.

Congras to you. Finally a knot is untied.

keke. Thanks. It is really troublesome when landlord encounter such tenants... and of course, on the other side of the coin, there are landlords from **** too...