Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunny03

Aircon Instatallation

Hi Guys

Just went to my new unit to inspect the A/C trunking installation which took place yesterday as i am working and had my friend to open door for them.

I had taken some of the pic to seek some advise. I had upgrade my insulation to 1/2in thick

Pic 1

IMG_2963.jpg

Pic 2

IMG_2962.jpg

but i cant seem to see any insulation mentioning 1/2in. The insulation are wraping around 2 copper piping and a PVC piping which i believe is drainage. when mentioning 1/2in insulation do they mean that the 1/2in insulation are wraping around the 2 copper piping?

Pic 3

IMG_2961.jpg

the last pic shown is the 2 copper piping expose i had opened the trunking to take a clearer pic as they are at least 1 to 1.5ft expose. Is this a norm?

I would like to seek advise for those who have install A/C is this a common thing? Before i ask the sales person.

Edited by sunny03

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i believe the normal thickness of insulation is 3/8" think. from the looks of it, 5/8" is already thicker than 1/2". where does the 1/4" comes in anyway? for the pvc water pipes?

i believe the normal thickness of insulation is 3/8" think. from the looks of it, 5/8" is already thicker than 1/2". where does the 1/4" comes in anyway? for the pvc water pipes?

the 1/4" is the water piping. the rest are for the copper piping...

i had upgrade to 1/2" insulation does it means that all the copper pipings insulation must be at least 1/2"?

as for the expose copper piping is it normal? should all the copper piping be cover till the blower unit?

this particular room trunking the copper piping is at least 1 ft is expose in the trunking.

the 1/4" is the water piping. the rest are for the copper piping...

i had upgrade to 1/2" insulation does it means that all the copper pipings insulation must be at least 1/2"?

as for the expose copper piping is it normal? should all the copper piping be cover till the blower unit?

this particular room trunking the copper piping is at least 1 ft is expose in the trunking.

this i'm not too sure. maybe they only use 1/2" for the incoming pipe and 3/8 for the return pipe? (since the return gas isn't as cold)

if the blower isn't installed yet, its normal to have some exposed pipe for them to play around with when installing the blower. if the blower already installed. then exposed piping isn't normal.

my aircon piping installation is on friday. will see how mine is done and update