Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

we also want to buy the rain shower but worried that its drizzle instead of rain. Some forummers mentioned abt the pressure. Hw do we know abt the pressure in our house? Does it mean if i use thse storage tank it will be better?

hi gals mama

we had the same question too. each time we walked into a shop and asked this, the first question we were asked is which floor we are staying - if low floor, no problem with pressure, high floor esp last few, pressure low.

but one thing i have learnt from RT is for rain shower, it's either citigas heater or storage heater, instant heater definitely no.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi

was just at lorenzo this evening. The saleslady said the same thing- regardless of what kind of leather, you need to apply some kind of "softener" to the leather, else sure to peel and flake esp if near sun. For their products, if you buy their leather kit, they will give one time free maintenance service. But upon delivery, we must apply one coat ourselves first before use.

anyway warranty is only on mechanism and structure, and none for leather.

yes, so so-called real leather have not much benefit over PU leather liao.

some will say cos real leather have pores, but hommage did tell me something which i thnk also true.

-real leather after you dye colour, wonder how many pores got clogged by the colouring? :unsure:

i kind of give up aiming on full leather liao :P

if my research never fail me, for rain shower optimum or better performance, best is to go with a storage tank.

also, you may want to check with hdb agent if he or she has the contact no. to the hdb officer for your blk. cause my agent gave me mine to call.

then you can check with her the water pressure.

also, i've heard that for newer flats the watter pressure should not be a problem whereas older or more mature estates may have this issue.

hope it helps!

Thanks for ur input. Will go ask.

hi gals mama

we had the same question too. each time we walked into a shop and asked this, the first question we were asked is which floor we are staying - if low floor, no problem with pressure, high floor esp last few, pressure low.

but one thing i have learnt from RT is for rain shower, it's either citigas heater or storage heater, instant heater definitely no.

yea, better have it checked it out. otherwise, spend the money but end up not able to enjoy the benefits of it.. very heartache.

but then seems that I am right about using storage heater for rain shower huh. Plus, mine is a low floor! ha

some will say cos real leather have pores, but hommage did tell me something which i thnk also true.

-real leather after you dye colour, wonder how many pores got clogged by the colouring? :unsure:

actually my personal preference is fabric sofa - more comfortable. only problem is if drinks spill etc, stain wil be there, esp those that cannot remove cover to wash type

for sofas, i asked lorenzo, a few shops in furniture mall, hommage, courts etc

lorenzo, hommage, courts tells me even if you buy a real cowhide leather, no taking care of the leather will also result in peeling, flaking and decolouring.

which means to me that even i spend $ on real leather then result also same will peel? so i think better to spend less on sofa and stop going to trust shops telling me their leather is 2 or 3 years warranty. these shops in furniture mall, IFC keep stressing their competitors leather is half leather, PVC, low quality leather, second layer leather blah blah blah. in the end also a lot of complaints on their own so called warranty leather. so i guess what lorenzo, hommage and courts said are more trustworthy?

conclusion for me is to get half leather so if it really flake or peel i can just change without feeling too much pain. just my two cents worth ;)

hi

was just at lorenzo this evening. The saleslady said the same thing- regardless of what kind of leather, you need to apply some kind of "softener" to the leather, else sure to peel and flake esp if near sun. For their products, if you buy their leather kit, they will give one time free maintenance service. But upon delivery, we must apply one coat ourselves first before use.

anyway warranty is only on mechanism and structure, and none for leather.

well then, clearly we just witnessed a typical case of sales pitching eh. each salesperson has their agenda and one agenda only, that is Alec Balwin's ABC in Glengarry Glen Ross.

A - Always,

B - Be,

C - Closing.

Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING! :deal:

either way, a sales has been made. either they sell you or you sell them (that's another movie quote btw). ok, i'm digressing.

i jus googled and some points to add;

the misconception about half-leather or full-leather is that the former is always loosely interpreted as the entire sofa is not real leather i.e PU / PVC.

truth is half leather only means that the backs and sides of the sofa are pu / pvc whereas the sitting part is still leather.

then the million dollar question is what leather is on the sitting part then?

top or full grain leather? split leather? bonded leather?

so 'get half leather so if it really flake or peel i can just change without feeling too much pain' or

'most important is the leather quality i feel cause no point spending the money but only to last for a year or so and its start to peel, fungi attack',

it really depends on budget and your mindset. but remember, am sucker for one enlightening logical liner and the salesperson from XZQT said this,

"if you are already buying a half-leather, what makes you think that the manufacturer will splurge on good quality leather on the sitting part? is just not economically viable for them"

also, touching on warranty issue, i've been to 2 shops and they both gave individual warranties for their leather fyi.

but complaints on their own so called warranty for their leather is really case-to-case correct?

from what i understand from the 2 shops, the warranty for their leather is against peeling or cracking. they explained that there are cases of abuse on the leather which obviously void the warranty itself. then there is the case of the leather seems damaged but actually if it's full / top grain leather, it could be the case of healed scars from the living cattle during it's lifetime - akin to veins on natural marble. get the drift?

finally, full or half leather

if nadir maintenance on it,

it is still gonna be tattered and withered

so have finalized on your sofa selection, looking good! i'm still at selection stage - we saw a couple at Sierra but have not made any headway since then.

judging from the above, u think? haha

but then, I have plans. keep your fingers crossed!

well then, clearly we just witnessed a typical case of sales pitching eh. each salesperson has their agenda and one agenda only, that is Alec Balwin's ABC in Glengarry Glen Ross.

A - Always,

B - Be,

C - Closing.

Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING! :deal:

either way, a sales has been made. either they sell you or you sell them (that's another movie quote btw). ok, i'm digressing.

i jus googled and some points to add;

the misconception about half-leather or full-leather is that the former is always loosely interpreted as the entire sofa is not real leather i.e PU / PVC.

truth is half leather only means that the backs and sides of the sofa are pu / pvc whereas the sitting part is still leather.

then the million dollar question is what leather is on the sitting part then?

top or full grain leather? split leather? bonded leather?

so 'get half leather so if it really flake or peel i can just change without feeling too much pain' or

'most important is the leather quality i feel cause no point spending the money but only to last for a year or so and its start to peel, fungi attack',

it really depends on budget and your mindset. but remember, am sucker for one enlightening logical liner and the salesperson from XZQT said this,

"if you are already buying a half-leather, what makes you think that the manufacturer will splurge on good quality leather on the sitting part? is just not economically viable for them"

also, touching on warranty issue, i've been to 2 shops and they both gave individual warranties for their leather fyi.

but complaints on their own so called warranty for their leather is really case-to-case correct?

from what i understand from the 2 shops, the warranty for their leather is against peeling or cracking. they explained that there are cases of abuse on the leather which obviously void the warranty itself. then there is the case of the leather seems damaged but actually if it's full / top grain leather, it could be the case of healed scars from the living cattle during it's lifetime - akin to veins on natural marble. get the drift?

finally, full or half leather

if nadir maintenance on it,

it is still gonna be tattered and withered

judging from the above, u think? haha

but then, I have plans. keep your fingers crossed!

wah your ang mor sibei chim, i have to read 3 times up and down

in the end still dun understand :P

so you are going for or against real leather ah? :D

he is going for real leather n top grain some more. so would it be FC or XZQT?

Edited by samgalz

oh. top grain makes my brain gone grainier after seeing the price tag :P

neither for or against real leather.

neither FC or XZQT

am jus voicing out my views politically, correctly.

hahaha

neither for or against real leather.

neither FC or XZQT

am jus voicing out my views politically, correctly.

hahaha

do you sit on the couch shirtless? intend to turn-on the a/c in your living room?...if u do then the choice will be more obvious.

Edited by titanax

do you sit on the couch shirtless? intend to turn-on the a/c in your living room?...if u do then the choice will be more obvious.

from time to time yes.

i don't have a/c in living room and worse, current design yet to plan for ceiling fans cause scare may crash with overall design.

so is my choice obvious already?

ha

from time to time yes.

i don't have a/c in living room and worse, current design yet to plan for ceiling fans cause scare may crash with overall design.

so is my choice obvious already?

ha

hmm...apparently not...meh