Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

the sofa saga continues!!

previously at furniture mall, i make sure i avoided infamous places that have seen enough promising (promising to fail) reviews. to my horror, for awhile i thought there were no more shops to shop after avoiding them! then, i found uninovva, quietly at a corner on 3rd floor. not the widest variety of designs definitely but inside, salesperson ain't pushy at all which is good - taking time to make sure i browse on my own for awhile before making her presentation to me.

so things i learn from there - 100% cowhide full leather means everything while 1/2 leather would mean only leather on the front i.e the sitting area. synthetic or micro leathers are composites and not really leather. i shortlisted 3 simple 3 seaters (am determined not to go for recliner or adjustable back rest cause that's just about what everybody is going for) models for consideration. my preference is for the white cause the back contact is more and is more plushy. is only the design that is stopping me - notice the slope below the arm rest? ahhhgggghhh. full leather (or what they said as the layer below the top grain / full grain) calls for $1.4k

univonnasofas.jpg

since there, i decided to brave myself and dropped by FC homes since I have time. served by again another friendly salesperson, she took decent amount of time to describe to me their high end italian designs from caliaitalia (direct import from Italy) and kelvin giormani. While all other sofa retailers dare to announce their sofa is 100% leather, they denounce their lack of validation and proof. Often, genuine leather or 100% can also mean using split leather which is less durable than say a - mother of all heavenly leather as they put it, the top grain leather. Distinguishingly, top grain leather offers some imperfections on the leather sofa i.e healed scars or different tones to prove their point of well, as close as sitting down on a living cow. Individual 2 or 3 year warranties on each of their sofa leather is given against tearing, cracking or peeling. All things said, be at entry level, be prepared to dish out $2500 at minimum to own that cowly feeling. conclusion after reading in this forum? got warranty on leather also peel lei. my selection below design notwithstanding - $2775

Photo0352.jpg

then it came down to XZQT which my wife and i immediately fell in love with the butterfly series. cause for once, the mechanism can't be seen! salesperson mentioned that the sofa is full high dense form and no springs - citing that springs are only meant for bed, not for sitting down. back rest is made of down feathers. although is at the warehouse which supposingly is cheaper, this top grain leather lovely still cost $2.3k

86e36f0623a34d5ab450c858e3b90bf8.jpg

alas, all good things come to those who read the straits time! picked up a corner of the paper on friday that says Lifestorey clearance sales at Tai Seng Link. from jurong and no delay, I made a dash there after i out pro in the afternoon. and boy it was worth the trip. although wife is not with me, seeing the simple design, lines and curves of the sofa assured me that my wife is going to say yes. still, not wanting to rock the boat, i made some quick notes and promise to be back with wife on saturday to confirm the buy.

Sat morning 11am. wife and I purposely woke up early to catch breakfast and drove down from bukit batok all the way to paya lebar area. first stop was a quick stop at massimo. simple sleek designs that certainly does not give any surprises when you have seen the likes of XZQT, Air, Lifestorey etc.. their so call promotional fabric 3 seater sofa as advertised is also at $1.6k

convinced, my wife and I left massimo and drove to tai seng street.

confirmed, the salesperson explained that the keen sofa that we are interested in is of polyester i.e neither leather or fabric or suede even. However, the salesperson also nice enough to kindly explained it may be warm still. funny is after sitting down, it wasn't that too warm or hot kind. back contact definitely is there, even for my petite wife with short legs (HA!). both of us did not feel that my knees are out-stretched unlike some european models. of course, is the price that had really caught our eyes.

lifestorey.jpg

for all the time we window-shopped at great world thinking how ridiculously expensive the sofas are, we have actually own one now!

comments about my choice of the polyester sofa still welcome! anyone? comments?

for those who might be interested,

Lifestorey Factory Clearance Sale

Check out the Lifestorey Factory Clearance Sale at 29 Tai Seng Street, Jackson Building from 11am to 7pm.

Offers include:

- Accessories from $99

- Chairs from $99

- Designer pieces from $199

- Dining table from $699

- Fabric sofas from $599

- Leather sofas from $1,599

- Sofa beds from $698

Available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.

Edited by ne0mesis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

microsuede sofa.. same as mine.. hee.. but i dunno how difficult to maintain it la.. I jus cant resist the material.. :)

sorry mate didn't follow your thread for awhile and got lost. haha went back a couple of pages to see that you are shopping for a leather sofa. So how decided which one to buy?

microsuede sofa.. same as mine.. hee.. but i dunno how difficult to maintain it la.. I jus cant resist the material.. :)

my take on the one i selected at lifestory is much smoother and not as suede suede per se.

ya, the touch is really nice!

salesperson told me typical off the shelf kind of fabric cleaner can most likely take of it.

also some scotchguard spray thingy he mentioned to kind "waterproof" it..

sorry mate didn't follow your thread for awhile and got lost. haha went back a couple of pages to see that you are shopping for a leather sofa. So how decided which one to buy?

haha.. you should see my latest entry then.

now is just a matter of buying it later after 1 more trip with wife to lifestory this time. but since am at tai seng, am likely going to swing over to massimo at ubi first. if nothing from there, is most like the steal from lifestory then. for all the time we window-shopped at great world thinking how ridiculous expensive it is, we may actually own one in the end!

so any comments about my choice of the microsuede? urgent! hahaha

so any comments about my choice of the microsuede? urgent! hahaha

its either fabric or leather for me. no 2 ways abt it. the former for its wahing ablility and the latter for its comfort and durability if properly taken care of. i used own a microsuede sofa from the now defunct barang barang, and lets just say i will nvr touch another microsuede sofa w a 10 foot pole. :bleah: my 2 cents. then again, its ur home, ur choice and preference, so go w wat ur heart desire. personally, i have the hots for the xqzt variant. :notti:

Choosing sofa is very headache. Sofa is the first thing i went shopping for and is the last thing to confirm. haha :D

Good luck in your sourcing too!

Choosing sofa is very headache. Sofa is the first thing i went shopping for and is the last thing to confirm. haha :D

so what is ur decision in the end?

strongly agree. Sofa is the first I went as well and last to confirm.

Its an important piece of furniture where we don't really spend plenty of time sitting on it but it helps to set the living room mood. Thats how I feel.

Take your time to choose and it can always be order 2 weeks before moving in, buy wrong gonna stuck with it for awhile lor

so what is ur decision in the end?

confirm at that bad review shop liao. haha

i think i give them a shot lah. maybe change attitude liao.

keeping my fingers cross..... :bow: :bow:

The sofa story continues here!

for all the time we window-shopped at great world thinking how ridiculously expensive the sofas are, we have actually own one now!

Edited by ne0mesis

The sofa story continues here!

Hi there,

I was at the lifestorey warehouse sale too. I agree that the sofas are really nice. I am also going down again with hubby for a second look. We have a microsuede sofa at the moment and we like it. Maintenance is easy after spraying scotch guard. Just wipe with wet cloth or use stain remover for stubborn stain like ink mark. Good for us cos my 4 monkeys are using it to practice climbing (dirty foot prints), doing homework (thus the ink stain) and hubby drooling on it (he loves to nap). However, cant comment on the feel compared to leather cos never own one before. Prefer fabric.

This one caught my eyes. For a 3.05m sofa, its going for $980. However, delivery is in Oct and sofa and material are made in China.

P1060797.jpg

its either fabric or leather for me. no 2 ways abt it. the former for its wahing ablility and the latter for its comfort and durability if properly taken care of. i used own a microsuede sofa from the now defunct barang barang, and lets just say i will nvr touch another microsuede sofa w a 10 foot pole. :bleah: my 2 cents. then again, its ur home, ur choice and preference, so go w wat ur heart desire. personally, i have the hots for the xqzt variant. :notti:

ok, am glad that mine is not a microsuede then. ha

seriously, if the pocket is deep enough, I will prefer the xzqt butterfly for it's invisible mechanism too. ha

tks! and is a deal done! one less item to think about.

just need to bring my id down one more round to decide color and which floor rug to buy.

btw, the floor rugs are dirt cheap!!! and of quality finishing.

strongly agree. Sofa is the first I went as well and last to confirm.

Its an important piece of furniture where we don't really spend plenty of time sitting on it but it helps to set the living room mood. Thats how I feel.

Take your time to choose and it can always be order 2 weeks before moving in, buy wrong gonna stuck with it for awhile lor

haha.. did consider that too. but then i was thinking.. if i am doing contemporary, minimalist wannabe... so long the the design is clean, simple and chic, it should be good. ok, am a sucker. the price was too good to be true for a sofa set from lifestorey! haha

Hi there,

I was at the lifestorey warehouse sale too. I agree that the sofas are really nice. I am also going down again with hubby for a second look. We have a microsuede sofa at the moment and we like it. Maintenance is easy after spraying scotch guard. Just wipe with wet cloth or use stain remover for stubborn stain like ink mark. Good for us cos my 4 monkeys are using it to practice climbing (dirty foot prints), doing homework (thus the ink stain) and hubby drooling on it (he loves to nap). However, cant comment on the feel compared to leather cos never own one before. Prefer fabric.

This one caught my eyes. For a 3.05m sofa, its going for $980. However, delivery is in Oct and sofa and material are made in China.

P1060797.jpg

very gd deal right!

were you there on sat morning. tot i saw a family with 4 monkeys too. haha

is the one with the ottoman right? is it similar to the one near the shop entrance?

if so, I like that it came with the ottoman but the fabric seems too coarse for my liking though.

Btw bought these at the warehouse sale...as bedside tables for the kids. The lamps are nice too. Did you take a look?

P1060803.jpg

I did cause wanna the additional 10% if spend more than a thousand. thought can add the floor rugs and make it more than a thousand, alas, the floor rugs are not from lifestorey.

as for the rest of the items, can't seem to fit the design of the house. so hai, no choice, did not have the 10% additional.