Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

char siew duck rice nearby? where is it? :dribble:

getting hungry now... :P

oh no, you're missing lots!

there's deadly indian curry fish head too along the stretch too.

just opposite mindef

s.h.y.t... i must have missed out on your t-blog duirng my reno research... probably due to the inactivity of your blog during the period of dec'10 to feb'11 where my reno was heavily in progress. browsed so many blogs, but never come across yours until now!

love your island cum dining table, feature wall @ living room and your master bathroom. if i have seen your designs earlier, i will probably do something similar for these 3 areas. kekekeke..

did i miss out the post where you intro your ID and the reno cost? your reno journey seems quite smooth ah. either ID is good, or you are not as picky as me la... =)

hey there... indeed, yes, there was quite a pause - wedding, buying items for the house, work, hoildays and before i know it, is MARCH!

indeed, the island cum dining table has been quite a topic. really thankful it turned out exactly the way we want or if not, better.

and wow, am honored to have a fan! haha

indeed, there are no posting on my ID and reno cost, YET. and this is so awfully overdue! haha.. but am working on it, so watch out for this space, or this blog rather.

i doubt there is any reno that does not run into any hiccups and mine is no exception. but thankfully, mine are minor minor like noise complaint by neighbours and not major major. so all in all, think my reno journey is smooth la.

well, picky is good. i have my wife to thank for. if not for her laser sharp eyes, there are many intricate details left out not rectified.

even my id was impressed or perhaps stresssed by her. haha

Hi neo

nice to see you back here again!

yr house is so huge n beautiful! really well done!

hey, froggy, i remember you!

nice to see you too! the last i remember, think your unit with marble flooring finished around the same time with me right?

hope all is well with you ya!

thank you for your kind words! but huge is making the housework double the effort lei! haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
oh no, you're missing lots!

there's deadly indian curry fish head too along the stretch too.

just opposite mindef

oooo noted~ thanks! :lol:

indeed, there are no posting on my ID and reno cost, YET. and this is so awfully overdue! haha.. but am working on it, so watch out for this space, or this blog rather.

i doubt there is any reno that does not run into any hiccups and mine is no exception. but thankfully, mine are minor minor like noise complaint by neighbours and not major major. so all in all, think my reno journey is smooth la.

come to think of it, i haven't written a review on my contractor too... oops :P anyway, it's too overdue liao, so i will take my time to do it hahaha :lol:

nice to see you too! the last i remember, think your unit with marble flooring finished around the same time with me right?

thank you for your kind words! but huge is making the housework double the effort lei! haha

huge = double the effort for housework

huge and white = triple the effort for housework

i dun think i have the patience to clean a house like yours, man!

huge = double the effort for housework

huge and white = triple the effort for housework

i dun think i have the patience to clean a house like yours, man!

in this case, the patience is derived through the above equations. HA!

Haha ne0! As said earlier in my thread, WELCOME BACK!!!!! Woo~ the s/s bench looks super fabulous!!!!

yea, and very cold to sit too esp if the weather is cool! got 3 MUJI seat cushions for those sensitive butts. haha

haha, neo, if you want to post feedback, better post fast. I still yet to post many reviews, but after so many months, alot of things are a blur now, so I conveniently excused myself from doing that!

yup, yup, you have good memory, neo.

we have since moved in too, for half a yr now!

haha, I know what you mean about doubling the housework, coming from a EA before this. So in a way, though I missed the big space, I am thankful for the reduced load. But then again, my house is never totally spick and span - just livable lah

yea, and very cold to sit too esp if the weather is cool! got 3 MUJI seat cushions for those sensitive butts. haha

Haha, like now right? Everyday raining and raining like siao... I cannot take such cold weather... brrr

P/s wanna come over to my place for dinner in April? IKEA meatballs...

Edited by yuene

haha, neo, if you want to post feedback, better post fast. I still yet to post many reviews, but after so many months, alot of things are a blur now, so I conveniently excused myself from doing that!

i started the rt blog on a good note, penning down notes as my reno went along. so yea, is jus taking the time to put it online.

must not procrastinate anymore. haha

haha, I know what you mean about doubling the housework, coming from a EA before this. So in a way, though I missed the big space, I am thankful for the reduced load. But then again, my house is never totally spick and span - just livable lah

there's always a trade off huh.

when i first got my ride, my-gf-then-now-wife always comment, "dont be a slave to the car and tire yourself out by keep washing it"

likewise, think i must not be a slave to the house man.. so is true, just make it livable.

but then standard differs, some like a pig sty also livable lei. haha

Haha, like now right? Everyday raining and raining like siao... I cannot take such cold weather... brrr

P/s wanna come over to my place for dinner in April? IKEA meatballs...

oh well, no marble floor to give me the chill, so the cold cold bench suffice! haha

any ikea chicken wings then? haha.. i dont mind going your place. i luv pussies!

ok, tat jus sounded very very very very wrong. hahah

any ikea chicken wings then? haha.. i dont mind going your place. i luv pussies!

ok, tat jus sounded very very very very wrong. hahah

IKEA wings dun have la, but I will make other stuff to eat!

And yeah... sounds wrong... but only a bit wrong nia. Not a lot. :P

And yeah... sounds wrong... but only a bit wrong nia. Not a lot. :P

ermm.. not sure i'm wrong where, correct where but oh well, nevermind... hahaha

LOVE the kitchen island/dining - chairs are perfect!

How odd too, that I'm going for a baroque wallpaper print in the Master and this gives me a better idea how it'd look. Unfortunately, I'm too pedantic to have a open walk-in-wardrobe - a single mismatching hanger (or even hung the other way) would probably annoy me to no end, and the colour coordination + types of clothes system would drive me crazy. Really nice though - am surprised the both of you have so little clothes! Husband must be bemoaning why he married some girl with 8 wardrobes of stuff - the carpentry doesn't come cheap!

Gorgeous place, ne0 - I love the small details.

-Ely

LOVE the kitchen island/dining - chairs are perfect!

How odd too, that I'm going for a baroque wallpaper print in the Master and this gives me a better idea how it'd look. Unfortunately, I'm too pedantic to have a open walk-in-wardrobe - a single mismatching hanger (or even hung the other way) would probably annoy me to no end, and the colour coordination + types of clothes system would drive me crazy. Really nice though - am surprised the both of you have so little clothes! Husband must be bemoaning why he married some girl with 8 wardrobes of stuff - the carpentry doesn't come cheap!

Gorgeous place, ne0 - I love the small details.

-Ely

thank you, thank you! kind words coming from you, we're deeply honored.

given another chance, i would go for a darker prints for the wallpaper as i find it a tad reflective and short on the details. for now, is still serving us well though.

we hear that a few times regarding having an open wiw. as one's wiw can never be as sleek and uniform as seen in boutique cause of the dazzling colors we have. but grouping the same colors together seems to help, albeit a little only. and yes, we do not allow a mismatching hanger in the wiw (we bought horrendously a lot at one shot) and painfully drilled ourselves to all hung the same way.

well, a big bulk of clothes are still at parents' place. and they're already breathing down our necks to move the clothes out! ha.

8 wardrobes?? very apt for 1 carslberg commercial, or more!

Edited by ne0mesis

ne0 your kitchen is gorgeous. (rest of the house is gorgeous too, but the kitchen is <3)

Can I invite myself to cook there. :D

you, you with that xzqt! that arty Fontana Arte Floor Lamp. ooo, thank you for your compliments. can't wait to see yours too

sure, just steaming the food only i hope? otherwise, she would flatly say no. haha. just kidding.

i tried stir-frying, pasta cooking, dessert soup, grilling with the oven etc and is pretty alright for now.

jus clean immediately after cooking cause staining on the white solid top is at neck-breaking speed!

slight tedious but oh well.. good house keeping habits. right?

THE DAY THE CURTAINS ARE DRAWN

not to an end of something, actually is a start cause the curtains are new! not end, but a start to something.

get it? get it? ahh.. nevermind that.

a few gatherings at the new place already and the curtain topic is always on everyone's lips. "you mean no curtains at your place ah?"

to that, my well rehearsed short answer is as split fast as it meant otherwise, "ah, is cumming."

truth is.. there is certain truth that we procrastinated a little, but the big truth is that we rather an item by an item, project by project, rather than rushing out to buy all to

satisfy everyone. to quote Paul Arden, "there is much much bigger demand for mediocrity".

ha, i retracked what i said. fine, we're procrastinators.

but once we sat the motion going, the deed was concluded fast. we contacted 3 curtains player of which the very famous Mr Chew was one of them. but like many created heros here, they kind of became complacent i feel. Mr Chew on few occasions over the phone (as early as even before cny) told me he was busy, a very long cny break, retiring soon and the more ridiculous one? bukit panjang too far! huh? and so, i axed him out.

to cut the story short and to share what matters most here; we settled with the same contractor who did our mbr wallpaper, and went for curtains in living and mbr and blinds for the rooms.

for living room, our soft-spoken contractor opined to help us with some cost savings and suggested that we give the night curtain a miss. just go for a day curtain he said, claiming that at times the night curtain is just white elephant. we thought since is the living room and public display of human anatomy is not our forte, heck why not.

so the typical capricorns and virgo at play, so we flipped pages and pages of materials, books after books to find something that is;

complimentary to the sofa, rug and tv backdrop (since they're the stronger colors in the living rm),

not too obstentious and glaring (the curtain must not be the limelight we insist),

but neither all white per se (otherwise the look would be too bland and flat which i always felt),

and in need some texture since the lack of night curtain (the house badly need more lines and texture)...

in the end, we got this;

IMG_5520.jpg

on closer look (stripes of black, grey and transparent giving a simple yet endearing texture);

IMG_5529.jpg

as for the rooms, the thing about roman blinds (which my wife wanted it badly initially) as shared by my curtain contactor, the system is very hard to maintain esp installing back if its removed for a clean. is like pricier but not worth the trouble. am not sure how much truth is there but perhaps forum mates can point out.

so blinds we went and we liked the texture and colors we chosen, considering the rooms are of very light grey;

IMG_5510.jpg

on closer look (is actually shimmering but i just can't seem to capture that)

IMG_5530.jpg

on seconds thoughts, hey i could have opted for another color blinds and double up this as my projection screen for my miserable entertainment room!

form and function combined! my fav! hmm..... ideas, ideas...

mbr was tricky as there was a certain mood we were going after and seemingly, i'm loss for a word to it for now. d a m n it.

for a start there are simple wooden furnitures at the side of the bed; boroque wallpaper and a meek chandelier, so the night curtain had to be right. we found one at a risk of seeing a little greenish at time but after driving down to make our id had a look (which he without hesitation obliged to our request), we were more assured.

alas, stock is not arriving till end of this month. so for now, the mbr looks like this

IMG_5518.jpg

afternote: mbr night curtain arrived and can be found here

with that, the curtains are drawn. i meant theatractically now. really, an end - end of my curtain topic.

Edited by ne0mesis

we hear that a few times regarding having an open wiw. as one's wiw can never be as sleek and uniform as seen in boutique cause of the dazzling colors we have. but grouping the same colors together seems to help, albeit a little only. and yes, we do not allow a mismatching hanger in the wiw (we bought horrendously a lot at one shot) and painfully drilled ourselves to all hung the same way.

hmmmm actually.... though mine is a normal wardrobe with closed doors.... i arrange my clothes according to colours and all hangers are hanging at one direction! hahahahaha :lol:

THE DAY THE CURTAINS ARE DRAWN

not to an end of something, actually is a start cause the curtains are new! not end, but a start to something.

a few gatherings at the new place already and the curtain topic is always on everyone's lips. "you mean no curtains at your place ah?"

to that, my well rehearsed short answer is as split fast as it meant otherwise, "ah, is cumming."

truth is.. there is certain truth that we procrastinated a little, but the big truth is that we rather an item by an item, project by project, rather than rushing out to buy all to

satisfy everyone. to quote Paul Arden, "there is much much bigger demand for mediocrity".

ha, i retracked what i said. fine, we're procrastinators.

hahaha i know how you feel... cos my house still has no curtains till now! :P

still can't find the urge to do it, probably will only do it just before my mom comes over to stay... maybe just nice to mark the 1st anniversary of us moving in~ ;)