Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

i tried stir-frying, pasta cooking, dessert soup, grilling with the oven etc and is pretty alright for now.

jus clean immediately after cooking cause staining on the white solid top is at neck-breaking speed!

slight tedious but oh well.. good house keeping habits. right?

ne0

I got the inspiration for white kitchen from this forum & so when my ID said "white kitchen", I say "Yes"!

Agreed with you that solid white top stains easily, but it also cleans easily too. I usually place a wet white cloth with some detergent over the stain & it is gone within mins.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

neo... been following your t-blog lately.. me and my special one jus got a EA for ourselves and your reno has given us alot of inspiration!!

i not sure if you got mention in the t-blog somewhere.. but if you could .. could i ask for your reno costs in total .. a rough figure would do (: it would really help us alot in our planning (:

thanks again and congrats on the new home n reno!

Edited by xduckx

ne0, my specialty is deep frying. lol.

Too bad about the white kitchen top staining... but yeah crappy materials do help to cultivate good housekeeping habits :)

hope you're enjoying your awesome place!

start of a new week.

hoped everyone had a blasted weekend ya!

weekend spent investing in novita ss19 garment steamer and almost wanna blast the appliance into oblivion when i first tried it yesterday night!

aggghh.. d a m n uncleish (which is really taking in shape, form and all) but maybe gotta go down to see the salesperson to demo the steaming.

tot steaming it should be a piece of cake lei! get it? get it? steaming.. cake... ??

ahh.. nevermind that. haha

replying all..

hmmmm actually.... though mine is a normal wardrobe with closed doors.... i arrange my clothes according to colours and all hangers are hanging at one direction! hahahahaha :lol:

neat freak! haha

ne0

I got the inspiration for white kitchen from this forum & so when my ID said "white kitchen", I say "Yes"!

Agreed with you that solid white top stains easily, but it also cleans easily too. I usually place a wet white cloth with some detergent over the stain & it is gone within mins.

yea, this forum does serve some serious inspiration.

seemingly, there are some spots that jus doesnt go away if u look closely enough. at least, that's what happening to mine.

gd that your stains are easily removed!

neo... been following your t-blog lately.. me and my special one jus got a EA for ourselves and your reno has given us alot of inspiration!!

i not sure if you got mention in the t-blog somewhere.. but if you could .. could i ask for your reno costs in total .. a rough figure would do (: it would really help us alot in our planning (:

thanks again and congrats on the new home n reno!

hi there fellow EAnians as i call it. ha

am really humbled that my reno has served as a inspiration for you

really exciting times ahead for you and your better half and i cant say this enough each time someone is starting their reno

my bad. is long overdue that i should share this info with everyone but jus wanna pen it down here in a proper entry.

no worries, notes on id selection and cost wise are definitely work in progress.

for now, i will drop you a pm regarding the reno cost ya.

hope it helps!

ne0, my specialty is deep frying. lol.

Too bad about the white kitchen top staining... but yeah crappy materials do help to cultivate good housekeeping habits :)

hope you're enjoying your awesome place!

deep frying strictly available at parents' place only. ha

but maybe i should invest in a fryer eh?

erm... am i reading correctly?

as in my white solid top is of crappy material? sounds rude. ;)

yea, definitely enjoying the place amidst upholding the strict housekeeping regime. ha

wahh...makes me wanna do WHITE for my next house....but isn't it hard to maintain?

it can really be a pain in the donkey. get what i mean?

but for what it's worth aesthetically ya

ne0 don't take offense please... I think most local reno contractors don't use very good materials...

And I am a blunt person. :)

a deep fryer is a waste of time, money and the earth's natural resources. Use a pot or wok.

ne0 don't take offense please... I think most local reno contractors don't use very good materials...

And I am a blunt person. :)

a deep fryer is a waste of time, money and the earth's natural resources. Use a pot or wok.

ha, noted.

no worries.. is tough to get me offended.

but to a certain extend, i agree with you that reno contractors may not use the best materials.

but i suppose not all eh. there are exceptions.

i try to hope mine is one. ha

tat bad? i was thinking the smell could be contained better than pot or wok.

Reno contractors will not use the best materials bec it "eats" into their profit margins. So in order to give you a competitive quote AND make a reasonable profit they would generally give you the cheapest materials. If you want higher quality materials you would have to do yr own research and negotiate with the contractor/ID. It is difficult for the layman to know what are good materials and what are not. So how to avoid being chop by the contractors???

weekend spent investing in novita ss19 garment steamer and almost wanna blast the appliance into oblivion when i first tried it yesterday night!

aggghh.. d a m n uncleish (which is really taking in shape, form and all) but maybe gotta go down to see the salesperson to demo the steaming.

tot steaming it should be a piece of cake lei! get it? get it? steaming.. cake... ??

ahh.. nevermind that. haha

i thought garment steamer should be quite easy to use? :dunno: hmmmm. but i did heard of stories that garment steamer is worse than a normal simple stupid iron. hahahaha~

hope you get yours to work soon ;)

neat freak! haha

LOL... good housekeeping habit passed down from mom and dad (just so happens that both are neat freaks) :lol:

but i'm not half as good as them in terms of cleaning, tidying house, etc :bangwall:

deep frying strictly available at parents' place only. ha

but maybe i should invest in a fryer eh?

just btw, my parents' home has this deep fryer, that they carried all the way back from Singapore when i was in Pri 4, (yea, deep fryer is not popular in my hometown ;)). Till today, it's still in the box, unused!

Reno contractors will not use the best materials bec it "eats" into their profit margins. So in order to give you a competitive quote AND make a reasonable profit they would generally give you the cheapest materials. If you want higher quality materials you would have to do yr own research and negotiate with the contractor/ID. It is difficult for the layman to know what are good materials and what are not. So how to avoid being chop by the contractors???

mate, you just answered yourself - higher quality means you would have to do yr own research and negotiate with the contractor/ID - means better spend more time on renotalk.

is the webmaster reading this? am doing advertising for them. ha

but i did heard of stories that garment steamer is worse than a normal simple stupid iron. hahahaha~

just btw, my parents' home has this deep fryer, that they carried all the way back from Singapore when i was in Pri 4, (yea, deep fryer is not popular in my hometown ;)). Till today, it's still in the box, unused!

???? stop scaring me. i jus spent 300 bucks on that. ha

till today? think the wires are fried. haha

mate, you just answered yourself - higher quality means you would have to do yr own research and negotiate with the contractor/ID - means better spend more time on renotalk.

is the webmaster reading this? am doing advertising for them. ha

???? stop scaring me. i jus spent 300 bucks on that. ha

till today? think the wires are fried. haha

hahaha don't worry yet.

so far the feedback i got from garment steamer are quite extreme. some totally love it, some just condemned it. i don't know if it's becos of brand, or it's becos of the user...... :P

wires are probably not fried since the fryer hasn't been used to frying anything :lol: i think it probably can't be used anymore, but somehow my whole family (parents and siblings) insist that it can. oh well. :unsure:

:unsure: hmmm...

I tot the Reno contract should state the type of materials used?

example - Lam Chuan Laminates or Corian Solid Surfaces etc

Anyway... the Best Reno must withstand the test of time...

by then - "warranty" over liao :P :P *heheh*

Time to Enjoy a nicely Reno'ed home

:D

Usually the work top would be put as a separate item in the quotation as the price would depend on the material used. The Corian brand work top is quite expensive (as opposed to other generic brands of solid top). For my kitchen I am going for Stone Italiano (compressed quartz) because it is non-porous (unlike granite) and I can have a nice light colour (white with fine speckles) and not have to worry abt staining or discolouration of the work top. I don't like dark coloured or black top which is why I am not going for granite. Granted it costs more $$$ but in the end this is a heavily used item that you have to look at it every day and has to withstand a lot of abuse (if cooking regularly) so it's worth to spend more on it.

Edited by ugoh

:unsure: hmmm...

I tot the Reno contract should state the type of materials used?

example - Lam Chuan Laminates or Corian Solid Surfaces etc

Anyway... the Best Reno must withstand the test of time...

by then - "warranty" over liao :P :P *heheh*

Time to Enjoy a nicely Reno'ed home

:D

yeap, the reno contract should state which brand and type of materials used.

but also, be around when the materials are delivered cause just in case the contractor tries to be funny by stating on paper but use another in the end!

totally agree, must withstand the test of time.

Usually the work top would be put as a separate item in the quotation as the price would depend on the material used. The Corian brand work top is quite expensive (as opposed to other generic brands of solid top). For my kitchen I am going for Stone Italiano (compressed quartz) because it is non-porous (unlike granite) and I can have a nice light colour (white with fine speckles) and not have to worry abt staining or discolouration of the work top. I don't like dark coloured or black top which is why I am not going for granite. Granted it costs more $$$ but in the end this is a heavily used item that you have to look at it every day and has to withstand a lot of abuse (if cooking regularly) so it's worth to spend more on it.

yea, sometimes must recognise that paying more is for the better.

paying lesser may seems worthwhile but if life expectancy is questionable, it may not add up in the end.

since you seem to be in the know how, just to share, i'm using acelite work top. chose that because of the white color we're after.

not that it matters anymore but no harm finding out more what's being used in the house.

there was some delay with the chandelier alright, but still i doubt is the culprit

IMG_5504.jpg

the last suspect, our mbr wallpaper?

IMG_5505.jpg

wait, no one, nothing is to be blamed. I blame myself alright.

is procrastination.

I'm back

Nice Wallpaper, may i know where you got it?

Nice Wallpaper, may i know where you got it?

hey, another EAnians as i call it. which area in the west?

got the baroque wallpaper through my ID but we bought from supplier direct.

we first spotted it at goodrich but realised we can get it much cheaper from my id's contact, so we went ahead.

is call Summer Interior Furnishing. our curtains are from there too.

hope it helps