Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
scenic98

Gsm Motion Detector

Per above, is there such a device that is standalone with need for wiring and pay hedfty monthly charges?

I have someone at home most of the time. The only time i need a home security system is when all of us goes on a holiday. All I need is for a standalone device that can send a alert to my mobile phone whenever there's motion detected within the confines of my home.

I don't need any of those survelliance cameras or alarms etc.

pls help.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You mentioned "motion detected in your home", what is it based on?

is it based on image/video?

sound?

etc.

If it's based on image and DIY, you can get something like IP based camera, install it and for any motion detected, send you an email. Sending an sms would be more troublesome setup but can be done.

Easier solution, M1 Chubb Security Solutions.

http://www.m1.com.sg/M1/site/M1Corp/menuit...RD&chubb=01

You mentioned "motion detected in your home", what is it based on?

is it based on image/video?

sound?

etc.

If it's based on image and DIY, you can get something like IP based camera, install it and for any motion detected, send you an email. Sending an sms would be more troublesome setup but can be done.

Easier solution, M1 Chubb Security Solutions.

http://www.m1.com.sg/M1/site/M1Corp/menuit...RD&chubb=01

tks. image and video. I have an IP based camera at home sitting in my drawers as i wasn't able to configure it back then. might want to try it again.

what is needed for it to send sms?

for the M1 solution...not much diff from signing on a home security package. I want to avoid recurring monthly charges.

txs

Don't waste your time on getting M1 Chubb security system. I am working in security field and I can tell you that Chubb monitoring centre is not worth the money.

Don't waste your time on getting M1 Chubb security system. I am working in security field and I can tell you that Chubb monitoring centre is not worth the money.

i agree. i wouldn't mind paying a one time charge to buy and setup the equipment and then have full total control on when i want to activate the system. by signing on a security package, u are tied down to their system and thereafter, they will come and ask u to upgrade as they no longer support the older model that u have.

hence for me, i just need a simple set up that alert me when there's a break-in so that i can alert my neighbours. good thing is, i have good neighbours that help out each other.

tks. image and video. I have an IP based camera at home sitting in my drawers as i wasn't able to configure it back then. might want to try it again.

what is needed for it to send sms?

for the M1 solution...not much diff from signing on a home security package. I want to avoid recurring monthly charges.

txs

You might need some "home server" + GSM Modem (to send out sms). No simple solution, have to do many DIY.

Per above, is there such a device that is standalone with need for wiring and pay hedfty monthly charges?

I have someone at home most of the time. The only time i need a home security system is when all of us goes on a holiday. All I need is for a standalone device that can send a alert to my mobile phone whenever there's motion detected within the confines of my home.

pls help.

Hi, how many points/area you are looking at?

pls help.

Look @ the security system

i agree. i wouldn't mind paying a one time charge to buy and setup the equipment and then have full total control on when i want to activate the system. by signing on a security package, u are tied down to their system and thereafter, they will come and ask u to upgrade as they no longer support the older model that u have.

hence for me, i just need a simple set up that alert me when there's a break-in so that i can alert my neighbours. good thing is, i have good neighbours that help out each other.

Yes can be done. To link your door contact(close or open) and to send a sms to your mobile.