Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ordolla

Agent Asked Us To Leave The Flat!

I found it puzzling why the seller kept quiet when the agent chased buyer out of the house?

If property market is very bad and there's a lack of buyers to buy the unit now, I bet this agent won't dare to be so ya-ya.

Edited by forgotten

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I found it puzzling why the seller kept quiet when the agent chased buyer out of the house?

If property market is very bad and there's a lack of buyers to buy the unit now, I bet this agent won't dare to be so ya-ya.

I supposed the owner doesn't know what to do as the husband wasn't around. I was surprised that the husband, the supposedly very principled man (according to the agent) left his wife at home alone to deal with this. The wife doesn't know what to do and only called the husband when we requested her to. But the husband couldn't be reached. We had wanted to insisted staying but I simply couldn't put up with the agent's bad attitude so we left. All the wife could say was that they had made the decision to sell the house to us but has nothing to do with our commission to agent, while at the same time, we have to reach a consensus with the agent. How to reach consensus when he doesn't even allow room for discussion??

Btw, the agent is from Linkvest.

That's a small agency. I dont know whether it is one or two man type of agency.

I prefer to deal with big agencies ...

I supposed the owner doesn't know what to do as the husband wasn't around. I was surprised that the husband, the supposedly very principled man (according to the agent) left his wife at home alone to deal with this. The wife doesn't know what to do and only called the husband when we requested her to. But the husband couldn't be reached. We had wanted to insisted staying but I simply couldn't put up with the agent's bad attitude so we left. All the wife could say was that they had made the decision to sell the house to us but has nothing to do with our commission to agent, while at the same time, we have to reach a consensus with the agent. How to reach consensus when he doesn't even allow room for discussion??

Ordolla, just kp & curious, what makes the unit so special which you like to fall in love with?

Edited by bepgof

I went thro a hard time too before signing the OTP.

Went to view the house and really liked it.

The only thing the agent mentioned was to sms him our price and he will check with his other buyer's price.

Before he left, he "Assured" us that he would be fair to both buyers.

Well, we initailly trusted him, but after an hour after we called him to tell him of our price, he told us the flat is SOLD!!!

As we really liked the flat and felt that he was being unfair to us, we went to seller's house on the same day, and waited till 11pm when the seller came home and explained the entire situation to the seller. The seller called for the agent to her house immediately to explain himself and he came only 1 hr later, which is 12am midnight plus.

Eventually the seller decided to sell to us as we paid the amount that the seller requested initially (55K!).

Strangely, he agent revealed to us that his other buyer was his direct buyer (So he will earn 3% from this sales) plus the buyer wanted him to sell his current flat too. So in total he will earn 5%!!! But if he sell to us, he will get 2% only.

Bottom line, trust no one. Easy too fool young buyers like us as this is the first time that we are buying a property.

Many unethical agents in this line and that's why government is stepping in too.

Ordolla, just kp & curious, what makes the unit so special which you like to fall in love with?

It's nicely renovated and with market nearby. So the COV is rather reasonable at the current market value..

Hi guys,

If you all need to look for an agent to either sell or buy, I recommend Desmond Lau from ERA 9661 4568. He also had the exclusive rights to the unit that I had bought and had dealt very professionally with both seller and buyers in my opinion. And he also ensures to iron out all issues within his capacity to have a smooth sales transition period. :good:

Full details of the agent involved:

Name: Johnny Koh

Email: johnnykohhl@yahoo.com

HP: 90267033 / 9188 2751

Company: Linkvest

Position: Associate Director

He has this trainee with him, called Joanne or Joanna who also tried to act fierce and nasty like him.

I don't think I want to deal with linkvest agents anymore.

Please report him to CASE and IEA

That is why I won't look for an agent if I can help it.

3% commission for a $400K HDB = $12K.

What kind of work has the agent done to deserve so much money for a single transaction?

IMO, if the agent can get the right buyer to pay for the amount seller asked for or even more then i felt the fee is justified.

I will be glad for eg, val=500k, u wanted 50k cash, but agent managed to sell more than 550k.

As for the agent mentioned here, he only has his own interest at heart.