Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
durianlane

Life At Durian Lane

Hello durianlane.

Love your transformation,

Fabulous modern design, choice of monotone colours. *thumbs up*

You must be a proud owner of your newly furnished apartment.

Especially your toliet too,

wish to ask you about your initial layout, where the extended area was intially proposed to be a shower area but

turned out to be wash-basin area? Any reasons for that? :unsure:

What was your final cost?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello durianlane.

Love your transformation,

Fabulous modern design, choice of monotone colours. *thumbs up*

You must be a proud owner of your newly furnished apartment.

Especially your toliet too,

wish to ask you about your initial layout, where the extended area was intially proposed to be a shower area but

turned out to be wash-basin area? Any reasons for that? :unsure:

Hi desxufto, thanks. I do enjoy my flat very much, esp the toilet. :D

For the extended area, my contractor felt that it will be more practical to have the shower area inside, esp with all the pipes running underneath. Guess the HDB approval for the extension was also based on the fact that it is to house a "drier" area such as the vanity table & basin. The FS master didn't think it will make much difference anyway.

excluding furniture woh ...

I can fully understand how you feel...mine is also 40K plus....and add to my COV of 40K+...i am a eternal slave to my home....shall put up my pics soon but mine is still under reno

oic, thanks for sharing durianlane. I had a plan to put the shower under the extended area (I'm assuming since kitchen should be fine as an old school kitchen would be under wet area as well)

I would be submitting for approval soon. wish me luck :)

I would love that toilet as well, the convenience of accessing through the bedroom..

bet that a fair substantial amount money spent on the toliet. ;)

Hi desxufto, thanks. I do enjoy my flat very much, esp the toilet. :D

For the extended area, my contractor felt that it will be more practical to have the shower area inside, esp with all the pipes running underneath. Guess the HDB approval for the extension was also based on the fact that it is to house a "drier" area such as the vanity table & basin. The FS master didn't think it will make much difference anyway.

Well, i do concured that renovation's bill would usually end up more that the inital budget, hence trying to stick to the budget would definitely be the most challenging thing..

Take it as an investment guys, afterall this is going to be worthwhile asset that you and your family will benefit ;)

All the best ben1977.

I can fully understand how you feel...mine is also 40K plus....and add to my COV of 40K+...i am a eternal slave to my home....shall put up my pics soon but mine is still under reno

wah! :o looking forward to seeing your home's transformation ... good luck with the reno. :good:

A tip to share ... if possible, try to visit your place during the reno period on a daily basis. Cuz there's bound to be something that didn't go quite right ... and you can get the guys to rectify right away. And of cuz, don't forget to take lots of pictures! :dancingqueen:

So when is the handover date? :drunk:

anyway, my cov is 25K but still quite hefty ... so I share your sentiment about being a slave to the house. Now I am cleaning it every day ... in big ways and small ways ... wonder how long I can last hahahaha :dunno: ... just managed to get a part time weekend maid to come in last saturday ... felt like heaven sent. :bow:

now I just enjoy my little place more than ever ... some times not quite willing to step out just to enjoy every bit of it hahaha ... going to be a hermit soon :Pzz

oic, thanks for sharing durianlane. I had a plan to put the shower under the extended area (I'm assuming since kitchen should be fine as an old school kitchen would be under wet area as well)

I would be submitting for approval soon. wish me luck :)

I would love that toilet as well, the convenience of accessing through the bedroom..

bet that a fair substantial amount money spent on the toliet. ;)

Well, i do concured that renovation's bill would usually end up more that the inital budget, hence trying to stick to the budget would definitely be the most challenging thing..

Take it as an investment guys, afterall this is going to be worthwhile asset that you and your family will benefit ;)

All the best ben1977.

I presume your toilets are separated like mine and you are planning to combine it? Good luck on the permit approval!!! :good:

Consulted a FS master and his recommended layout:

IMG_0005.jpg

The suggested start work was 11 June 2010 between 1.30pm to 1.40pm.

The actual hacking will start on Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting for the final answer from the contractor/ID. :huh:

Nice & Neat Renovation, your contractor is highly recommended.

And your FS master not only a FS master itself, he or she is an ID expert base on what he/she drawn,

what a sleeping tiger hidden dragon ;) How lucky you :good:

Nice & Neat Renovation, your contractor is highly recommended.

And your FS master not only a FS master itself, he or she is an ID expert base on what he/she drawn,

what a sleeping tiger hidden dragon ;) How lucky you :good:

The contractor is responsive though he gets a bit disorganized ... got to send him reminders on a daily basis hahaha :deal:

The FS master is an architect by training ... so you are right ... sleeping tiger hidden dragon ... but he is not cheap :jawdrop:

Thanks for you wellwishes.

Yup, as a matter of fact I have the mirror image of your floorplan.

Will probably know the results in 5 days time.

I presume your toilets are separated like mine and you are planning to combine it? Good luck on the permit approval!!! :good: