Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evo5555

Inspection Before 1st Appointment

Hi guys,

i have a few question that would like to seek advise..

during inspection, the technical officer only point out 2 things to be settled before 1st appointment.

1) To fix up window stopper for all my sliding window.

img0195bo.jpg

img0194r.jpg

from the photos above can someone tell me if my sliding windows has got "angle strip"? above picture are my actual windows. the technical officer has asked me to fix stoppers, but in the "Declaration Form" that HDB sent to me, there's delcaration option on sliding windows that mentioned "sliding windows are provided with safety stoppers AND/OR angle strips or any other safety features". Can we just ignore the technical officer request to fix stoppers on my sliding windows and just reply the declaration form by selecting the option my sliding window is safe??

Also below are the picture of my casement window.. i do not see any aluminium rivets but only screws.. the screws are not corroded. Can i also select the option my casement window is fitted in accordance with BCA requirement?

img0197t.jpg

2) to settle complains of downstairs neighbour water leakage.

i got to know from the technical officer that my below neighbour lodge a complain to HDB regards to water leakage in their unit. He passed us the "Letter of Undertaking" ask to sign so to agree to share cost with neighbour to settle the leakage problem. I have not sign yet and ask for sometime to get back to him. Now.. i just got to know the leaking problem during inspection, no knowledge of it watsoever during sale of house. Buyer did not know about this. I also did not receive official letter from HDB stating there's a complain lodge against my unit for leaking into below neighbour. What should i do?

My 1st appointment is on 20th August 2010. Doesn't really want to go into hassle of engaging contractor, hack both my toilet tiles, etc.. also my house was newly renovated inclusive both toilet about 4 years ago. Buyer bought my unit is because he wants to retain my reno style or prob just minor reno to touch-up only. So if we were to re-do the toilet, then i understand from the technical officer that HDB contractor will only do back HDB original state and not to our current design... So how to tell buyer if we were to do then upon 2nd inspection, both toilet design all gone and looked different from the day they sign OTP.

Im at loss..

Edited by evo5555

• Confused 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your unit fitted with both sliding & casement windows.

- The casement window is ok - picture showed fitted with screws, no more rivets. Law requires these screw to be ss304 grade or higher.

- Sliding window got angle trip, but cannot see the round white-color stopper. Check

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ocument#Sliding

which shows the pictures of various parts.

- Suggest you to tell buyer about the leakage case, also work with neighbour below you. You & neighbour to absorbe cost 50:50. May be can delay the repair till 2nd appointment, after your seller start reno. Can ask seller's reno contractor to do the repair, etc...need to coordinate between 3 parties.

Edited by bepgof

• Confused 1

my sliding window dont have the round white-color stopper.. is it compulsory to get sliding window fitted with stopper even it has the angle strip??

bepgof : i dont really understand on the leakage solution.. u mentioned 50:50 cost shared between me and neighbour, is it that we only pay 25% each for the cost and HDB absorb remaining 50%? if we engage our own contractor to rectify, how do they claim from HDB?

my sliding window dont have the round white-color stopper.. is it compulsory to get sliding window fitted with stopper even it has the angle strip??

bepgof : i dont really understand on the leakage solution.. u mentioned 50:50 cost shared between me and neighbour, is it that we only pay 25% each for the cost and HDB absorb remaining 50%? if we engage our own contractor to rectify, how do they claim from HDB?

Unless(corrected) you got evidence to prove the leakage is caused by the "big" sanitary stack(they don't call pipe)(the "pipe" is the smaller one), TC (not HDB) will advise the up & down residents to absorb 50% each of the repair cost. Again, if the "down" does want to pay, you cannot do anything. In this case, in yr situation(hurry to sell, to rectify defects b4 1st appointment), look like u are at "lower" hand & has to pay 100%, if the defects not cleared (certified by TO), u cannot sell the unit.

HDB's web got one resident handbook, download & read.

Edited by bepgof

Hihi, I need advise : -

The inspection had been done last month for both my SOLD flat & BUY flat, ours has passed. But the flat that we bought, the window 'nail' is not qualified during our ownself check on the day we signed OTP. Not sure has they passed the HDB inspection. If pass, then we will not be liable for any window drop off? Or we will still be penalised even the HDB had pass the inspection. (We did not ask our agent on this issue after the HDB inspected both our flat). What should we do if HDB had really pass the inspection. Should we go ahead to request the seller to replace the qualified 'nails' on the window?

Hihi, I need advise : -

The inspection had been done last month for both my SOLD flat & BUY flat, ours has passed. But the flat that we bought, the window 'nail' is not qualified during our ownself check on the day we signed OTP. Not sure has they passed the HDB inspection. If pass, then we will not be liable for any window drop off? Or we will still be penalised even the HDB had pass the inspection. (We did not ask our agent on this issue after the HDB inspected both our flat). What should we do if HDB had really pass the inspection. Should we go ahead to request the seller to replace the qualified 'nails' on the window?

It is the responsibility of house owner to ensure that their installed windows complied to HDB standard and also to ensure that the windows are properly maintained.

Although pass inspection, if drop off u will be in trouble as well.

"Although pass inspection, if drop off u will be in trouble as well." - HDB shouldn't had pass the inspection if it doesn't complied to HDB standard in the first place. I'm so worried. Saw the news said will be heavily punished :(

"Although pass inspection, if drop off u will be in trouble as well." - HDB shouldn't had pass the inspection if it doesn't complied to HDB standard in the first place. I'm so worried. Saw the news said will be heavily punished :(

If HDB pass it, it should have complied with its standard. But over time, wear and tear set in, so it is the responsibility of the owner to maintain it and to make right before any mishap happened.

No, it's not "Mao Ding" on the window there. I'm very sure it's not complied with HDB standard. Just that, I'm worried HDB will passed them during last month inspection and the owner will not do anything since they had passed the inspection. Well, I will check with them on our 1st appt to make sure they change it. If HDB passed them, I will then feedback to HDB about this before we really suay suay become they scapegoat..