Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yummy

A New Chapter In Our Lives!

Does anyone know where i can purchase artificial plants/trees? Something tall and not too "fake" looking :P

I saw one artificial tree on someone's blog.. it was in their glass study room. Can't remember whose though :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Does anyone know where i can purchase artificial plants/trees? Something tall and not too "fake" looking :P

I saw one artificial tree on someone's blog.. it was in their glass study room. Can't remember whose though :(

SGK bought it from here (link)

seal? what's that?

think u were refering to the tile grout? that normally wears off in years but subject to personal choice whether to fill the gaps between the tiles, normally if the workmanship is good, gaps are tight. If its not unsightly or the edges dun get exposed to the extent where it cuts your foot, i guess its not a big issue

think u were refering to the tile grout? that normally wears off in years but subject to personal choice whether to fill the gaps between the tiles, normally if the workmanship is good, gaps are tight. If its not unsightly or the edges dun get exposed to the extent where it cuts your foot, i guess its not a big issue

errr actually referring to the granite counter top? hehe.. ;)

but thanks for the info regarding the tiles :)

errr actually referring to the granite counter top? hehe.. ;)

but thanks for the info regarding the tiles :)

erm, actually my sister home's granite top never re-seal for 10 yrs, still very good :lol:

erm, actually my sister home's granite top never re-seal for 10 yrs, still very good :lol:

really ah?? hahhaha that's good!

less work for me cos i decided to get granite too. actually hubby surprised me with it! love granite!! good to know that its not as high maintenance as i thought :)

really ah?? hahhaha that's good!

less work for me cos i decided to get granite too. actually hubby surprised me with it! love granite!! good to know that its not as high maintenance as i thought :)

wah your husband always give you surprises... so nice of him :) so which colour you choose for the granite? black?

haha my sister is those lazy type... if you ask her about sealing, sure she will go "huh?" :P i think the workmanship was good to start with, so the granite can tahan so long :) basically it's maintenance free for her~

my parents home is using marble top... my father said, only need to seal as and when he feels necessary... like if the sealing drops off a bit and he doesn't feel "shuang" seeing it, then just add some new sealing... haha :P he re-seal around once every 2 years.

wah your husband always give you surprises... so nice of him :) so which colour you choose for the granite? black?

haha my sister is those lazy type... if you ask her about sealing, sure she will go "huh?" :P i think the workmanship was good to start with, so the granite can tahan so long :) basically it's maintenance free for her~

my parents home is using marble top... my father said, only need to seal as and when he feels necessary... like if the sealing drops off a bit and he doesn't feel "shuang" seeing it, then just add some new sealing... haha :P he re-seal around once every 2 years.

haha yea he loves to give everyone surprises esp me cos i'm very hard to surprise.. i somehow always guess the surprise :( so spoil it for both of us.. cos i'm very bad at acting surprised :lol: now, he's getting better at surprising me! learnt its better not to give me any whiff of the surprise at all!

Yea, i chose black for the granite.. i loved the look of it since i had it when living with my parents. very nice and shiny hor? u also got black? what did u do with the granite cut outs for the sink and stove? i wanted to use it in the bathroom as toiletries rack but contractor told me its too late cos must tell him during tiling.. but i still told him i want the cut outs.. cos i pay for it mah.. don't want to waste it right? but i donno what to do with it hehe.. thought of doing some DIY

u mean u can see the seal is it? all the while i was thinking its a polish :unsure:

haha yea he loves to give everyone surprises esp me cos i'm very hard to surprise.. i somehow always guess the surprise :( so spoil it for both of us.. cos i'm very bad at acting surprised :lol: now, he's getting better at surprising me! learnt its better not to give me any whiff of the surprise at all!

Yea, i chose black for the granite.. i loved the look of it since i had it when living with my parents. very nice and shiny hor? u also got black? what did u do with the granite cut outs for the sink and stove? i wanted to use it in the bathroom as toiletries rack but contractor told me its too late cos must tell him during tiling.. but i still told him i want the cut outs.. cos i pay for it mah.. don't want to waste it right? but i donno what to do with it hehe.. thought of doing some DIY

u mean u can see the seal is it? all the while i was thinking its a polish :unsure:

yup i have black granite too... photos in my t-blog haha :)

oh i never asked for the cut-out cos i thought they normally dun give you back :P anyway, just the sink area only la... so only a small piece ;)

yea can see the seal one... but for black granite of course they use black colour seal la :lol: not so obvious~

Plan: To make in an "arty farty" cool hang out place for me & hubby. Using 30 by 60 black tiles. walls painted greystone. Paint the ugly pipe in the corner black. Actually the pipes were one of the reasons why i was hesitant on hacking the balcony.

Before:

2010434.jpg

After:

img6100m.jpg

thoughts: i don't think the look can be achieved as yet without any soft furnishings, but i like the look... its turning out like we hoped! Wonder what the oldies will have to say about the colour of the tiles :notti:

yup i have black granite too... photos in my t-blog haha :)

oh i never asked for the cut-out cos i thought they normally dun give you back :P anyway, just the sink area only la... so only a small piece ;)

yea can see the seal one... but for black granite of course they use black colour seal la :lol: not so obvious~

yea i noticed u dont have a stove! why did u decided not to have one? But good also la.. u have more work space :D;)

so excited to find this thread! I just bought EA in sengkang too and in the midst of selecting ID. Yr floorplan is very similar with mine and now is just a big headache deciding what we want!

Yr reno so far looks good. Post more pics! ;)

thoughts: i don't think the look can be achieved as yet without any soft furnishings, but i like the look... its turning out like we hoped! Wonder what the oldies will have to say about the colour of the tiles :notti:

haha tell them that dark colour is good... practical and hide dirts~ hahaha :lol:

yea i noticed u dont have a stove! why did u decided not to have one? But good also la.. u have more work space :D;)

oh... i'm using a stand-alone induction hob cos there is no piped gas to my block... you can read from my blog post here :)

so excited to find this thread! I just bought EA in sengkang too and in the midst of selecting ID. Yr floorplan is very similar with mine and now is just a big headache deciding what we want!

Yr reno so far looks good. Post more pics! ;)

Hey tigerlilly!

cool another EA! and sengkang too! awesome!! :D where exactly in sengkang are u?

deciding what we want is always a headache cos we're never happy! hahaha.. that's what i feel atleast.. cos now after the reno i keep thinking, should have done this too, shouldn't have done this, do this instead. ARGH!! hahaha :D but still, on the whole happy with the result.

which IDs have u been to? what's ur budget? do u have a tblog yet?

haha.. i'm also excited to meet another EA-er! lol :P