Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sodan

If You Have 1.6m To Spend, To Choose Condo Or Landed?

cool down, guys.

Everyone has their own way of express themselves.

Don't get to heat up.

For me, if I had 1.6M.

I think I will drawn the money out and put at home and count.

Count until 1 day I sian liao. :D

I will put back into the Bank.

Then start my tour around the world.

Must smack you 8| People ask (condo/landed) you says out put at home. :bleah:

I give all Singaporeans $0.50, then I better more famous then Peter Lim :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think you are showing off way more than what I have asked for. I am just merely asking IF you have $1.6m, how would you invest in property. not asking how much you have in you CPF, what is your monthly installment and saving etc. Somehow I just have the feeling that you are taking all the opportunities you can find to "show off" whatever you have. Yes, your head is indeed very small, but please dont like to talk until its double or triple big. e.g property 1 2 3 4, and even throwing in the COV and Stamp Fee to inflat your property value?? Cash is indeed king , however keep too much cash in this inflationary economy is not a great idea either.

Btw, I am still waiting for your explaination on how your investment portfolio (a 800+sqft with only 20% downpayment) is better that the one I proposed IF you have $1.6m

Ok lah, declared you the CHAMPION of $1.6mil property investment "consultant" with great theories on PAPER, and, without considering stamp duty and brokage fees payable. :good: Tokong, tio bo?

Edited by bepgof

Must smack you 8| People ask (condo/landed) you says out put at home. :bleah:

I give all Singaporeans $0.50, then I better more famous then Peter Lim :)

must think out of box mah

I whack you 8| give 50 cents only.

Buy what

Buy what

Coffee also not enough

Ok lah, declared you the CHAMPION of $1.6mil property investment "consultant" with great theories on PAPER, and, without considering stamp duty and brokage fees payable. :good: Tokong, tio bo?

Aiya bepgof, don't poke fun at Husky. He has his point of view and logic and you also have your opinion and views. If Husky wishes to share his portfolio, it is his choice. If you wish to share yours (which you have shared), it is your choice. All of us have our admirers and detractors, live and let live. This is afterall only a forum to share ideas. Some will agree with you, some will not and when I review my postings a few months later, I sometimes find that I don't agree with my own views.

According to Bernard M Baruch, he said this which I found quite meaning. Most of the successful people I've known are ones who do more listening than talking. If you choose your company carefully, it's worth listening to what they have to say. You don't have to out the other fellow's light to let your own shine.

As long as you and your family are healthy and generally happy with life, I think this is the most important and precious part of living. Whether a person decide to wear bigger or smaller hat, carry a bigger or smaller umbrella, let the individual and their families decide for themselves based on their risks appetite and needs.

Hope the vigourous debates that you and Husky engage in ends here.

Cheers! :)

You are "tio" liao. Just meant to share views only. Husky, my appology for the harsh words used.

Again, to share: From what Husky wrote, I'm aware he did some serious calculations and personally I "buy" the idea of 50% of (debt/total property price), thought gov sets rules for 80% for 1st loan & 70% for subsequent. Setting another 5% for stamp duty/brokage fee is also correct.

MBT's "home affordability" ratio of 35% ~40% of (loan/Disposable Income)also a clear & good yardstick for commoner.

Last but not least, if i've 1.6mil (assumed I already have a roof over my head), I wouuld adopt Plato's 20%:80% rule, i,e keep $320k in somewhere liquid enough for the "unexpected" and "dump" $1.28mil into property with the 50% gearing ratio, as i'm more kiasi not kiasu. If "su", can start new game again, if "si" meaning game over. :good:

Aiya bepgof, don't poke fun at Husky. He has his point of view and logic and you also have your opinion and views. If Husky wishes to share his portfolio, it is his choice. If you wish to share yours (which you have shared), it is your choice. All of us have our admirers and detractors, live and let live. This is afterall only a forum to share ideas. Some will agree with you, some will not and when I review my postings a few months later, I sometimes find that I don't agree with my own views.

According to Bernard M Baruch, he said this which I found quite meaning. Most of the successful people I've known are ones who do more listening than talking. If you choose your company carefully, it's worth listening to what they have to say. You don't have to out the other fellow's light to let your own shine.

As long as you and your family are healthy and generally happy with life, I think this is the most important and precious part of living. Whether a person decide to wear bigger or smaller hat, carry a bigger or smaller umbrella, let the individual and their families decide for themselves based on their risks appetite and needs.

Edited by bepgof

I buy both forumers views. I think both of you can be real pals, like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Different strategy but can still be successful :)

Edited by Warrior88

I buy both forumers views. I think both of you can be real pals, like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Different strategy but can still be successful :)

I think you meant Warren Buffet and George Soros?

Warren Buffet + George Soros + Jim Rogers.

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/index...74&Itemid=1

Firstly, ALL of them, neither Buffett, nor Soros nor Rogers care about what other people think. That’s one of their real strengths. Nor do they care what the markets will or won’t do.

The bottom line is that Soros, Buffett and Rogers have demonstrated time and again that they’ll only make a move when they’re darned good and ready - when they’ve done all they can to scope out the situation at hand, and done everything possible to make sure that the percentages are in their favor.

That, alone, is a terrific lesson for retail investors to learn. Wall Street tries to push investors into action with advertisements that portray “real” people making trades from their kitchens, or getting the latest quotes on their mobile phones. They show attractive retired couples who’ve achieved their dreams with big sailboats, or antique cars, or on expensive vacations. Ignore those messages and you’ve effectively elbowed aside the artificial sense of urgency that Wall Street is trying to create.

Not only is this manufactured urgency designed to separate more of you from your money, but they wouldn’t do it if they knew that most investors got it “right” more often than they got it wrong.

Buffett, Soros and Rogers act only when they believe the time is right. Buffett has referred to this as waiting for the Sunday pitch. If you’ve never heard that term before, it’s one that dictates extreme patience while all the spitballs, knucklers and sliders go by. You only take action when the one pitch you know you can hit out of the park is on its way - then you swing from the heels, giving it all your effort.

Edited by bepgof

I think you meant Warren Buffet and George Soros?

LOL... both guys I mention cos they are great pals. Even though different field.

Even though Microsoft don't pay dividends, yet he is always on charity cause.

These 2 guys are really successful cos I measure them with what they can give back base on their achievement :)

i chuckled when i read this.

peace, everyone! :) and, where applicable, have an awesome long weekend :) :) :)

i will go for landed property. eg D19-20 freehold $1100 psf base on land size but build in 2700, 600-700psf. As compare to condo, price already 600-700psf for 99 leased and you only share the land in ratio. Moreover land is very limited in Singapore. Landed will be a safer and more potential investment.

How did the threadstarter earns it first 1.6mil ?

i seldom comes to this financial thread, but can anyone advise me whether i m a savvy investor ? Eg

1. 5i hdb - bukit batok central (mrt 1min) bought at 120sq at $300k in 1999. - am i better off ?

2. freehold condo - 140sq meter bought at 430psf - paid around $648k in 2003 (SARS period). Hillview MRT just behind my block (govt provide mrt) - confirm jackpot for me. (mrt 2 min)

3. my stocks around $176k (excluding cpf side)

4. I did not rent out any apartments because my financial life very very suay !!! Mum wants to stay hdb, wife wants to stay condo ...indirectly i paid for both apartments. How to rent out like you members did ? i very envy all of you !!!

If threadstarter tells me that his 1.6m is via toto or 4d, i will buy toto until the next chinese new year since my feengshui period suppose to be good this year :-)

Dear all smart hunters, condo-owner and landed owner,

If you had 1.6m to spend, would you rather spend on CONDO or LANDED??

I'm curious to know answer to the question above. Condo price is shooting week by week and yet Landed price is still keeping low (around $400-$600psf++). I believe there are alot of non foreigner, ie LOCAL is buying condo at all time. I don't understand since the local have the choice to landed but why they show more interested in Condo instead? Hmm... is it juz fore investment purpose only?

Is just an open discussion ^____^

I will buy landed, i love to have backyard and front yard. If i would have to spend, i would like to make good or even design the frontage to resell it.