Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

Salsa performance :) For the festival to be held in 2nd week November.

Oooh okay... looking forward to your pics then!

wooo salsa.. lotsa twists and turning? :o

ganbatte :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wooo salsa.. lotsa twists and turning? :o

ganbatte :sport-smiley-004:

Lol! Twists, not so much. Turns, YES! Have to do 6 spins to reach the position and hit the final pose. This choreo is not very spin-heavy though... I think I should go get a few pieces of clothing, wash them, wear them during performance and SPIN-DRY them! Hahahhaha okay I stop now.

My doors have been painted and the gate installed, but other than that nothing else... my laminates are still not there, but I think my backsplash will come in tomorrow. I'm meeting Edmund at 1pm to determine where the last items must go. Dunno if really can handover by 6 November...

Day 66: the final countdown

My contractor has promised that Saturday will be our HO date. I was a bit skeptical, because up until yesterday, there'd been minimal progress at my place, AND the laminates had not come in. Today, I met him at lunchtime at my place to discuss placement of my toilet accessories.

I am glad to report that

photo2-1.jpg

The laminates ARE up. Well, they are up in the two bedrooms, at the very least. The laminates guy was there laying the boards as we were discussing where to put the items, and he said he'd be able to finish the remainder by today, and the skirting by tomorrow.

photo-1.jpg

This is closer to the actual colour of the boards.

And my main gate is up (it was up on Monday, actually)

photo3-1.jpg

And the doors are painted. I'm pleased.

photo3-1.jpg

did the contractor pass u 8 keys for this gate?

did the contractor pass u 8 keys for this gate?

*counts* yes, 8 keys. How'd you know?

uhh...how come use screws..? like that can unscrew your lock...?

Hmmm, didn't think of that, though I'll be using a padlock above...let me go try and I'll get back on this...

*counts* yes, 8 keys. How'd you know?

Hmmm, didn't think of that, though I'll be using a padlock above...let me go try and I'll get back on this...

haha, this is a very common lockset.... my contractor told me cannot be duplicated, so the supplier give 8 keys just in case all seven keys are lost.... haaha

haha, this is a very common lockset.... my contractor told me cannot be duplicated, so the supplier give 8 keys just in case all seven keys are lost.... haaha

Oooh okay! Haha... I'm totally clueless about such things one...

Hello Hello,

looks like you are in good progress for taking over :)

everything looking good :)

Did they reticify your gas-cylinder issue that day too?

Day 57: ...say WHUH..?

Last night, at 10.16pm, I received this SMS:

C: Wapzzzzzz the worker jus call me to tell me they fixing the thing now

Y: Huh?????? NOW?!?!?

C: Yup now!!!!!!!!!

Y: Wah lau eh

C: But they say not noisy leh

Y: Why they so hiong one dun need slp

may I also add; it was very sharp of gimz63251073 whom spotted the screws at the gate-lock,

it just look so wrong.

great progress.......so i guess everything shld be ready for handover...? :)

Edited by paulchng

Day 66: the final countdown

My contractor has promised that Saturday will be our HO date. I was a bit skeptical, because up until yesterday, there'd been minimal progress at my place, AND the laminates had not come in. Today, I met him at lunchtime at my place to discuss placement of my toilet accessories.

I am glad to report that

photo2-1.jpg

The laminates ARE up. Well, they are up in the two bedrooms, at the very least. The laminates guy was there laying the boards as we were discussing where to put the items, and he said he'd be able to finish the remainder by today, and the skirting by tomorrow.

photo-1.jpg

This is closer to the actual colour of the boards.

photo3-1.jpg

looking good~ HO coming soon also~ :drunk:

everything looking good :)

Thanks alamak!

paulchng, dexufto, reizzz: Yes, in fact, handover was on time, 6 November 2010! We got the movers to shift in everything on that date too, so the house was suddenly full of random people.

Day god-only-knows-what: occupants needed

So...

For those who were wondering, the handover WAS on time! Yes, that, alongside training, was what was keeping me from coming online. All the shifting in, etc... my house is steadily becoming messier, and I'm longing for the days where there was absolutely NOTHING in the house! But too bad, unless I one day have so much money that I can buy a huge house where I can keep most rooms empty (hey, one can always dream)... in the meantime, my house will just have to serve its function as the place where Pinkhubby and I keep all our stuff.

Pardon the messiness, we are still unpacking...

Let's start with the foyer

Foyerwcabinetandseating.jpg

The shoe cabinet is in. We put it in the corner there because 1) behind the door, it keeps getting whacked. I don't want to cause a dent on my new things so soon! The seating bench next to it is actually one of our old pieces of furniture from IKEA. It served as our old TV/PC bench when the PC was still outside. Since it was too good to throw away, we saved it with this in mind.

dining-1.jpg

Dining table is in too! We're going to purchase a matching piano-white seating bench for the times when we have guests over.

Kitchcomplete.jpg

Kitchen with the orange backsplash. Yes, the gas cylinder issue has been rectified, along with the pull-out basket.

On to the study...

studytablealreadymessy.jpg

This is Pinkhubby's room (at least for now). Needless to say, it's already messy. We're going to get one more item from IKEA here, which is a white cabinet above. I'm very mindful of overloading that shelf. And that is HIS pink netbook there.

studywdisplay.jpg

The other side of the room holds his display cabinet, with his toys inside. The second shelf is filled with my collectibles.

MBR...

bed.jpg

No, the bedframe isn't in yet. There's a VERY long story behind this. You see, I'd set my sights on an IKEA bedframe with storage underneath. I love it because it just goes perfectly with the whole colour scheme, but when I'd wanted to buy it in July, it was OOS. So I asked when it would come in. They said shipment arrives in early September. *sian* so I wait until mid-October and when I get there?

It's SOLD OUT. AGAIN. Next shipment?

January 2011. SIAN.

So being the stubborn cow that I am, I will just wait until January 2011 for my bedframe and I swear to god, when January rolls around I'm going to stalk IKEA every friggin weekend.

photo5.jpg

My walk-in wardrobe! I love love love it. I will be installing nice velvet curtains so that I can divide it from the rest of the bedroom.

shower1.jpg

And lastly, the rainshower with my toiletries holder up. I have a really silly story to share about my rainshower (or rather, my heater). You see, when I first took a shower with it, I switched on the heater, waited 15 minutes and then turned it on. I nearly jumped out of the water because it was soooooo cold!!!! I kept trying to adjust the thing, but the water seemed to be on two levels: cold, and slightly less cold. This went on for 2 separate showers, until I smsed my (very long-suffering) contractor that the heater was not working! After a bunch of frantic smses back and forth, he says he'll come down and look into the problem.

Two days ago, I popped by my place again, and took yet another cold shower. Suddenly, it hit me--is the switch on the heater ON???? With trepidation, I climbed up to the heater...it was pointed at OFF. So I switched it on, and sheepishly smsed my contractor that the heater problem was solved... I didn't tell him what the real problem was because I'm absolutely certain he would NEVER let me live it down...

Oh yes, for those who are wondering, the rainshower is working just fine (very nice and rain-like!), and the heater is good too. No need to wait 15 minutes to heat up quickly, I just switch it on for 5 minutes, and it's ready to go. :)

And oh yes, the other thing that was keeping me very busy:

photo13.jpg

My performance is over!!!!!

Edited by yuene