Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

January 2011. SIAN.

So being the stubborn cow that I am, I will just wait until January 2011 for my bedframe and I swear to god, when January rolls around I'm going to stalk IKEA every friggin weekend.

And oh yes, the other thing that was keeping me very busy:

photo13.jpg

My performance is over!!!!!

so it's $1 hotdog lunch everytime u visit ikea :D :D :D

wah, salsa dancing queen wor.... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
so it's $1 hotdog lunch everytime u visit ikea :D :D :D

wah, salsa dancing queen wor.... :)

Haha! I don't mind, I love the IKEA hotdogs...just that bread makes me very sleepy.... And gosh, I'm so glad that my performance is over! The weekend was completely tiring, because we spent so much time attending workshops and dancing until 2am for 3 days straight... OUCH! But then again, this may not be the end of it all, because we're discussing taking this to the Hong Kong Salsa Festival next!

Haha! I don't mind, I love the IKEA hotdogs...just that bread makes me very sleepy.... And gosh, I'm so glad that my performance is over! The weekend was completely tiring, because we spent so much time attending workshops and dancing until 2am for 3 days straight... OUCH! But then again, this may not be the end of it all, because we're discussing taking this to the Hong Kong Salsa Festival next!

try buying the frozen swedish meatballs and sauce.... :P not tat diff/oily to prepare in ur new kitchen.... oh la la ;) ;) ;)

try buying the frozen swedish meatballs and sauce.... :P not tat diff/oily to prepare in ur new kitchen.... oh la la ;) ;) ;)

Haha yeah! I'll try that :) Got to love the Swedish meatballs!

woah nice! i like the clear glass toilet door...haha...

oh and my wife will love the "grill-less" windows! :)

oh i hope u know that u can actually call ikea to check for stock availability?

or u just wanna find excuses to go to ikea? :P

woah nice! i like the clear glass toilet door...haha...

oh and my wife will love the "grill-less" windows! :)

oh i hope u know that u can actually call ikea to check for stock availability?

or u just wanna find excuses to go to ikea? :P

Yup, I know. But anything for a trip to eat meatballs. On Pinkhubby's dime. ;P

Day god-only-knows-what: occupants needed

So...

For those who were wondering, the handover WAS on time! Yes, that, alongside training, was what was keeping me from coming online. All the shifting in, etc... my house is steadily becoming messier, and I'm longing for the days where there was absolutely NOTHING in the house! But too bad, unless I one day have so much money that I can buy a huge house where I can keep most rooms empty (hey, one can always dream)... in the meantime, my house will just have to serve its function as the place where Pinkhubby and I keep all our stuff.

Pardon the messiness, we are still unpacking...

Let's start with the foyer

Foyerwcabinetandseating.jpg

The shoe cabinet is in. We put it in the corner there because 1) behind the door, it keeps getting whacked. I don't want to cause a dent on my new things so soon! The seating bench next to it is actually one of our old pieces of furniture from IKEA. It served as our old TV/PC bench when the PC was still outside. Since it was too good to throw away, we saved it with this in mind.

dining-1.jpg

Dining table is in too! We're going to purchase a matching piano-white seating bench for the times when we have guests over.

Kitchcomplete.jpg

Kitchen with the orange backsplash. Yes, the gas cylinder issue has been rectified, along with the pull-out basket.

On to the study...

studytablealreadymessy.jpg

This is Pinkhubby's room (at least for now). Needless to say, it's already messy. We're going to get one more item from IKEA here, which is a white cabinet above. I'm very mindful of overloading that shelf. And that is HIS pink netbook there.

studywdisplay.jpg

The other side of the room holds his display cabinet, with his toys inside. The second shelf is filled with my collectibles.

Hey babe!

congrats to you !

love your WIW and kitchen cabinet :D

Congrats with the hand over. Your kitchen is very nice, particularly the orange backlash. It goes very well with yr white cabinets. Your toilet glass door is very interesting too. How much did you pay for the glass door?

Hey babe!

congrats to you !

love your WIW and kitchen cabinet :D

Thanks reglxt! I see your reno is progressing well too! When's your projected HO?

Congrats with the hand over. Your kitchen is very nice, particularly the orange backlash. It goes very well with yr white cabinets. Your toilet glass door is very interesting too. How much did you pay for the glass door?

Hi edward,

Thanks! I took a big gamble with the orange backsplash, because the rest of my house is... well... quite white! I was actually toying with going with the usual greenish-tinted glass, but decided to take the plunge after (in a small voice) I thought that the house would look too terribly boring... Glad the gamble paid off :)

My glass door was $480 (not very cheap, I think... but I'll live with it)

Kitchcomplete.jpg

Kitchen with the orange backsplash. Yes, the gas cylinder issue has been rectified, along with the pull-out basket.

studywdisplay.jpg

The other side of the room holds his display cabinet, with his toys inside. The second shelf is filled with my collectibles.

Yo... the Orange backsplash and the turtoise wall are really lovely! Great choice of colour~! :good:

Yup, I know. But anything for a trip to eat meatballs. On Pinkhubby's dime. ;P

LOL that's why we always like to visit Ikea on Tuesdays - Meatball Day - $4 only :lol:

Yo... the Orange backsplash and the turtoise wall are really lovely! Great choice of colour~! :good:

Thanks! Pinkhubby will be pleased to hear that, too, because he chose the wall colour for the study!

LOL that's why we always like to visit Ikea on Tuesdays - Meatball Day - $4 only :lol:

You're kidding!!!!!! Crap... how come I go IKEA so often and I didn't know this... :(

Thanks! Pinkhubby will be pleased to hear that, too, because he chose the wall colour for the study!

You're kidding!!!!!! Crap... how come I go IKEA so often and I didn't know this... :(

This offer is on at least for 2010 :) only found out when we happened to there 2 months back on a Tuesday... we also didn't know for the past 9 months of 2010 though we frequent Ikea so much! :bangwall:

This offer is on at least for 2010 :) only found out when we happened to there 2 months back on a Tuesday... we also didn't know for the past 9 months of 2010 though we frequent Ikea so much! :bangwall:

Gah!!! Okay, looks like a 'shopping' trip to IKEA is in order tomorrow ;)

Thanks! I took a big gamble with the orange backsplash, because the rest of my house is... well... quite white! I was actually toying with going with the usual greenish-tinted glass, but decided to take the plunge after (in a small voice) I thought that the house would look too terribly boring... Glad the gamble paid off :)

hey hey

Cool choice of colour for the glass backing - my choice too! :D

really? $4 for the regular plate of 10 or kiddy portion? I did not know about this too :(