Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

everything is looking good! gotta agree the orange backing is nice :good:

btw, we also had our mattress on the floor when we moved. reason being the bed frame couldn't fit into the lift at our old place. so instead of paying them for each level to move down and up, we decided to get a new bed frame. lol

everything is looking good! gotta agree the orange backing is nice :good:

btw, we also had our mattress on the floor when we moved. reason being the bed frame couldn't fit into the lift at our old place. so instead of paying them for each level to move down and up, we decided to get a new bed frame. lol

Wahahaha! So what happened to the other bedframe??

Sorry that this a little late,happy-hand over.. lots of unpacking and buying to do liaoz?

May I please check with you where you purchase your nice glass display case for your toy?

can share the dimension and price if possible?

thankq thankq.

Day god-only-knows-what: occupants needed

So...

For those who were wondering, the handover WAS on time! Yes, that, alongside training, was what was keeping me from coming online. All the shifting in, etc... my house is steadily becoming messier, and I'm longing for the days where there was absolutely NOTHING in the house! But too bad, unless I one day have so much money that I can buy a huge house where I can keep most rooms empty (hey, one can always dream)... in the meantime, my house will just have to serve its function as the place where Pinkhubby and I keep all our stuff.

Pardon the messiness, we are still unpacking...

Let's start with the foyer

Foyerwcabinetandseating.jpg

The shoe cabinet is in. We put it in the corner there because 1) behind the door, it keeps getting whacked. I don't want to cause a dent on my new things so soon! The seating bench next to it is actually one of our old pieces of furniture from IKEA. It served as our old TV/PC bench when the PC was still outside. Since it was too good to throw away, we saved it with this in mind.

studywdisplay.jpg

The other side of the room holds his display cabinet, with his toys inside. The second shelf is filled with my collectibles.

Sorry to hear of your storage bed issue, totally understand your prob.

sometimes, when you fixed your eye on that particular item, nothing else can change you mind.

So envious that your rainshower is working nicely..

I'm begining to be concern that my rainshower' not going to shower.. but going to trickle. :bangwall:

MBR...

bed.jpg

No, the bedframe isn't in yet. There's a VERY long story behind this. You see, I'd set my sights on an IKEA bedframe with storage underneath. I love it because it just goes perfectly with the whole colour scheme, but when I'd wanted to buy it in July, it was OOS. So I asked when it would come in. They said shipment arrives in early September. *sian* so I wait until mid-October and when I get there?

It's SOLD OUT. AGAIN. Next shipment?

January 2011. SIAN.

So being the stubborn cow that I am, I will just wait until January 2011 for my bedframe and I swear to god, when January rolls around I'm going to stalk IKEA every friggin weekend.

photo5.jpg

My walk-in wardrobe! I love love love it. I will be installing nice velvet curtains so that I can divide it from the rest of the bedroom.

Oh yes, for those who are wondering, the rainshower is working just fine (very nice and rain-like!), and the heater is good too. No need to wait 15 minutes to heat up quickly, I just switch it on for 5 minutes, and it's ready to go. :)

Oh, did you settle on any company to get your wiw curtain? I had in mind for thing as well.

can share the lobang also? remember Gimz wnated something like tt too. :)

Sorry that this a little late,happy-hand over.. lots of unpacking and buying to do liaoz?

May I please check with you where you purchase your nice glass display case for your toy?

can share the dimension and price if possible?

thankq thankq.

I remember we got it from V.Hive, though the exact amount eludes me right now; Pinkhubby will know though, because it was bought for his stuff primarily. I'll go check on the dimensions and get back to you soon! But do note that we got it in 2007, so the price might have changed (though I would think it would have changed downwards)

So envious that your rainshower is working nicely..

I'm begining to be concern that my rainshower' not going to shower.. but going to trickle. :bangwall:

Hey, don't worry about that! I'm sure it'll be nice and powerful; you're using a storage heater, am I right? Perhaps you can get your contractor/ID to do a water pressure test, and if you haven't bought the rainshower head, he/she can suggest one that would be suitable for the water pressure in your house. For mine, Edmund (yes, I'm posting up his name now, because I'm going to put up the review soon) recommended getting one that wasn't too big, and he showed us the approximate size it ought to be. Mine is about 320mm x 230mm, if I'm not wrong, so something around that size might be good to bear in mind. Have faith!

Oh, did you settle on any company to get your wiw curtain? I had in mind for thing as well.

I haven't gotten a curtain lobang yet :( but I was thinking of using the one that samgalz used in her house. Mr Chew, I think? When do you need the contact by?

left it at the old place. no other choices. lol :s

Sian 1/2...

$4 for normal 10-pcs meatball... look here :deal: :

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/service/store-se...ly-specials.asp

"10 pcs meatball set at $4.00. Offer ends 31 July 2011"

still have 8 more months :lol:

marshmallow: YESSSSSS and tomorrow I'm going to IKEA for a recce trip (unrelated to reno--social activities head for my department, bopian)... eat my meatballs until shiok wor! Hmmm... who else here likes meatballs? Let's have an IKEA meatballs outing!

I remember we got it from V.Hive, though the exact amount eludes me right now; Pinkhubby will know though, because it was bought for his stuff primarily. I'll go check on the dimensions and get back to you soon! But do note that we got it in 2007, so the price might have changed (though I would think it would have changed downwards)

Hey thanks thanks, Cos I had in mind to get the glass cabinets liaoz,

unitil I saw this pretty display case at your blog. Would certianly go for it should the dimensions and price fits :)

Hey, don't worry about that! I'm sure it'll be nice and powerful; you're using a storage heater, am I right? Perhaps you can get your contractor/ID to do a water pressure test, and if you haven't bought the rainshower head, he/she can suggest one that would be suitable for the water pressure in your house. For mine, Edmund (yes, I'm posting up his name now, because I'm going to put up the review soon) recommended getting one that wasn't too big, and he showed us the approximate size it ought to be. Mine is about 320mm x 230mm, if I'm not wrong, so something around that size might be good to bear in mind. Have faith!

when you mentioned 320mm x 3200mm, I assume that's the volume your storage heater? I've gotten a 30L storage as recommended by the saintary folks.

Did a water pressure test, it reads 1.4bar, recommended pressure is minimum 1bar.. but the flow feels pathetic. *sigh*

Oh, which Edmund are you refering to, think there are a couple of Edmunds around :)

I haven't gotten a curtain lobang yet :( but I was thinking of using the one that samgalz used in her house. Mr Chew, I think? When do you need the contact by?

Rollerblind and curtain lobang.

Mr Chew? how much is he charging for the rollerblinds? how much psf may I ask?

I'm consolidating now; will be engaging one of the cheapest retailer, however no review of them in the forum yet.

would you like to have them?

Sian 1/2...

marshmallow: YESSSSSS and tomorrow I'm going to IKEA for a recce trip (unrelated to reno--social activities head for my department, bopian)... eat my meatballs until shiok wor! Hmmm... who else here likes meatballs? Let's have an IKEA meatballs outing!

*raise hand*

meatball rockz!! :dribble:

Hi dexufto,

I don't have a measuring tape at home, but the approx measurements are:

175cm (H) x 50cm (D) x 95cm (W). Pinkhubby says it was $579, on offer.

The measurements 320mm x 230mm are for the showerhead. My heater is a 20L Ariston, I think. Haven't heard from samgalz yet about the curtain contact... hopefully soon bah! Otherwise my neighbours will get treated to 'free show'... :S

My contractor is Edmund from DX Interior. When I'm a bit less lazy, I'll post my review up. ;)

Thanks for the measurements and price of the glass cabinet Yuen,

I will go for Ikea's Detolf in place of that :)

To safeguard your modesty;

May i share my homework on the contacts for curtain;

I will be engaging "Home classic interior funishing", they will be dropping by tomorrow for site measurement

Hi Yuene!

Nice to see things are shaping up - love the orange kitchen backsplash, and the colour of the study! Also like the light you got for your WIW. :D Also love how you recycled your old TV/PC bench into a seating bench. Very creative :paint:

What colour will the velvet curtain in your WIW be?

$4 meatballs on Tuesdays!?!? Count me in!! Love the Ikea meatballs... and the fried chicken wing... dammit now I'm hungry.

Hope your bedframe comes in soon!

Hi Yuene!

Nice to see things are shaping up - love the orange kitchen backsplash, and the colour of the study! Also like the light you got for your WIW. :D Also love how you recycled your old TV/PC bench into a seating bench. Very creative :paint:

What colour will the velvet curtain in your WIW be?

$4 meatballs on Tuesdays!?!? Count me in!! Love the Ikea meatballs... and the fried chicken wing... dammit now I'm hungry.

Hope your bedframe comes in soon!

Hey Lachesis!~

Thanks, I'm of the strict school of 'don't waste, don't want', so since it was in good condition, I decided to keep it around. It is starting to sag a bit, though, so I suspect I'll have to replace it before the year is out. Will get a white one then, to match the rest of the furniture! I'm also going to get some nice round flat colourful cushions and baskets for it, so that it will serve even better as seating/storage =) I haven't thought about the colour of my curtains, but maybe to match the colour scheme, I was thinking of a layer of maroon, and a layer of sheer white. For that slightly more luxe feel /wink

Alright for the meatball Tuesdays! Let's see... how about next Tuesday? Would that be good? I can go see if my bedframe is (finally) available then!

Hey all,

Need your opinion on something:

Install and supply roller blinds for Master Room (window is two panels long, but blind is 1 piece)

Install and supply day and night curtain for Master Room's Wardrobe

Install and supply roller blinds for Study Room (window is three panels, but blind is 1 piece too)

Total is $1,000. Is that a reasonable amount?