Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trantrulla

Renovation Sequence

Hi,

For a newly completed flat (standard type, not premium type), can anyone advise on the sequence of renovation? Or can reference to any renovation, even for resale flat?

I am thinking of which part of the reno I can directly look for sub-con and those that really need the main con or ID.

For a start, I suppose that laying homogeneous tiles can be directly done by tiler. Window grilles also. Shower screen also.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Most people starts from ceiling, then wiring, then flooring, depends on the constructions to be done on site... Items like u mentioned, aluminium works can be done directly unless u've got contacts.. Basically, most things can be done directly, but, provided u have the knowledge + experience + worker's contacts & judgement of their skills etc...

Most people starts from ceiling, then wiring, then flooring, depends on the constructions to be done on site... Items like u mentioned, aluminium works can be done directly unless u've got contacts.. Basically, most things can be done directly, but, provided u have the knowledge + experience + worker's contacts & judgement of their skills etc...

can someone post their reno schedule for my reference? It does not matter if it's a resale or new flat.

thanks in advance

can someone post their reno schedule for my reference? It does not matter if it's a resale or new flat.

thanks in advance

better to state down what you intend to do, so that people who had done the same can provide insights into what could possibly go wrong. Its not that people here don't want to help, its more of if you are doing different things, the sequence may be different.

my sequence:

1. hacking

2. build new door openings

3. extend living room

4. making good of hacked areas & overlay toilet floor

5. Install door frames

6. piping works for kitchen and toilet.

7. citygas piping - for heater and gas

8. painting

9. electrical

10. windows

11. carpentry for kitchen cabinets

12. install new doors

13. air con works

14. spray paint for kitchen and toilet

15. install bathroom accessories.

16. install laminated flooring to living, bedrooms.

many of the above sequence are things we did by engaging sub con. so sequence is based on my own best guess of what is to be done.

Things to point out:

- install air con after painting = have to paint trunking ourselves.

- electrical before painting = we did not want to paint our trunking

- we did not do re-tiling except for overlay one toilet floors

- laminated flooring to do last to prevent workers damaging it.

hope it helps.

thanks in advance

Check on other forumers T-blogs.

thanks. Below is the list of what we want to do. Not in sequence since we also not sure what the sequence should be.

1. cabinet/display cabinet/feature wall with tic-tac door to cover the bomb shelter door.

2. homogeneous flooring for living room, paasageway and 3 bedrooms, with skirting

3. L-box/false ceiling for living/dining room. install ceiling fan in middle of living room

4. false ceiling for passageway

5. Kitchen cabinet top and bottom. Indian Black Galaxy granite top. kitchen cabinet base. sink area built on concrete. install sink, hood and hob

6. door for kitchen

7. piping for kitchen

8. raised platform in service yard for washing machine and fridge

9. Tempered glass shower screen in MBR bathroom. Install 2x instant water heaters, install bathroom accessories

10. Other standard process such as painting, electrical, piping, chemical wash etc

11. aluminium grill

12. windows and grill for service yard

13. solid top for MBR bay window

14. install ceiling lights in kitchen, service yard, bathrooms, bedrooms, bomb shelter

15. install system-3 aircon

any advice on what we can directly find sub-con to do and what we may need a main con to do? I suppose those works that are independent from the rest can be given to sub-con? Such as painting after all reno is done, shower screen, grill, windows for service yard, kitchen carpentry even?

thanks in advance

I did a search and found this very useful in a China Renovation Forum.

(1) 主体改拆 Hacking walls and rebuilding the walls

(2) 水电改造 Piping for kitchen and bathrooms and Electrical

(3) 包管道 Covering the pipes

(4) 贴砖 Tiles

(5) 木工(垭口等) Carpemtary forXXX(not sure)

(6) 刷油 Plaster

(7) 刷墙漆或贴壁纸 Wall painting or doing wall paper

(8) 安装插座面板 Installing electrical plug-in panels

(9) 厨卫吊顶 False ceiling for kitchen

(10) 橱柜 Carbinets

(11) 安装成品门 Installing doors

(12) 安装灯具、洁具、卫浴五金件 Installing accessaries

(13) 安装晾衣架、窗轨 Installing cloth hanger and windown grill

(14) 地板 Flooring

(15) 开荒保洁 Polishing

(16) 家具、家电 Furnitures and Elctronics

(17) 窗帘、床品 Curtains and etc.

thanks. Below is the list of what we want to do. Not in sequence since we also not sure what the sequence should be.

1. cabinet/display cabinet/feature wall with tic-tac door to cover the bomb shelter door.

2. homogeneous flooring for living room, paasageway and 3 bedrooms, with skirting

3. L-box/false ceiling for living/dining room. install ceiling fan in middle of living room

4. false ceiling for passageway

5. Kitchen cabinet top and bottom. Indian Black Galaxy granite top. kitchen cabinet base. sink area built on concrete. install sink, hood and hob

6. door for kitchen

7. piping for kitchen

8. raised platform in service yard for washing machine and fridge

9. Tempered glass shower screen in MBR bathroom. Install 2x instant water heaters, install bathroom accessories

10. Other standard process such as painting, electrical, piping, chemical wash etc

11. aluminium grill

12. windows and grill for service yard

13. solid top for MBR bay window

14. install ceiling lights in kitchen, service yard, bathrooms, bedrooms, bomb shelter

15. install system-3 aircon

any advice on what we can directly find sub-con to do and what we may need a main con to do? I suppose those works that are independent from the rest can be given to sub-con? Such as painting after all reno is done, shower screen, grill, windows for service yard, kitchen carpentry even?

thanks in advance

a main con is just like a coordinator for many sub cons. so everything can be outsourced. The only issue is whether you have the time and energy to go at it.

you have to be there like everyday to supervise, give instructions, check and plan the schedule. Planning is only the start.

my take is that there is no perfect sequence. For example, u do up the door first, later the workers bang their ladder onto it. You do up the toilet nice nice, they go n choke up the toilet bowl. U do up windows first the painters might drop paint on it, etc.

First of all, you have to spend alot of your time and your works are rather extensive. My personal views on which are easy to outsource without too much effort:

1. windows and doors - renotalk has a few good recommendations.

2. carpentry works - u gotta design urself if you get a direct carpenter. from shape to colour to size. If you get a good one, can save quite a lot.

3. air con -usually people sub-con it anyway.

4. electrical works.

Edited by gimz63251073