Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hyacinth266

50k Plus Cov For 4rm @ Bishan?

Looking at Bishan 4rm blk2++ these few weeks, valuation all around 440K to 460K.

BUT COV is asking like crazy, minimum deal is around 50K, and seller is normally asking 60K yo 80K.

Why is it so expensive?? Is it worth?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Looking at Bishan 4rm blk2++ these few weeks, valuation all around 440K to 460K.

BUT COV is asking like crazy, minimum deal is around 50K, and seller is normally asking 60K yo 80K.

Bishan consider near to city and its a matured town as well with many branded school. If u have the capacity and the place is right, why not?

Different people will see that it's worthed it in different ways. When I bought my bishan flat also blk 2++, it's because I wanted my son to go to sch conveniently. To me, paying a higher price then was worthed it because he could go and return from sch easily. He's already in the sch then but we wanted nearer. Within walking distance. We also got a nicely decorated bright spacious flat with a nice view at a very high floor. Compared to our first flat also a 4rm where we got no view at a low floor, area smaller by 20sqm, home was bit dark and amenities not so many, shifting to bishan was very worthed it even though the buy price diff between 1st and 2nd flat was more than 150k. Can walk to bishan mrt. Got link to circle line and NE line.

Now, just sold my bishan flat. Feel sad. Worthed it to sell? Ya, also same. Valuation? Almost fainted when I saw it. 510k for 4rm.

Different people will see that it's worthed it in different ways. When I bought my bishan flat also blk 2++, it's because I wanted my son to go to sch conveniently. To me, paying a higher price then was worthed it because he could go and return from sch easily. He's already in the sch then but we wanted nearer. Within walking distance. We also got a nicely decorated bright spacious flat with a nice view at a very high floor. Compared to our first flat also a 4rm where we got no view at a low floor, area smaller by 20sqm, home was bit dark and amenities not so many, shifting to bishan was very worthed it even though the buy price diff between 1st and 2nd flat was more than 150k. Can walk to bishan mrt. Got link to circle line and NE line.

Now, just sold my bishan flat. Feel sad. Worthed it to sell? Ya, also same. Valuation? Almost fainted when I saw it. 510k for 4rm.

Yup, Yup. Good school is a very strong reason. However, just married, no kid. Not sure whether I will have a boy or girl... ... the primary school registration is also very competitive. Cannot guarantee to get in the school, right?

I do still like bishan very much, but the price and lots of uncertainties are really challenging my determination.

Yup, Yup. Good school is a very strong reason. However, just married, no kid. Not sure whether I will have a boy or girl... ... the primary school registration is also very competitive. Cannot guarantee to get in the school, right?

I do still like bishan very much, but the price and lots of uncertainties are really challenging my determination.

Understand your predication..i was going through the same things when i bought amk just a month ago....**** ex...and hi cov...but still bought it due to amenities and such...what to do?

Understand your predication..i was going through the same things when i bought amk just a month ago....**** ex...and hi cov...but still bought it due to amenities and such...what to do?

Yep, no gaurantee can get into sch. For me is get son into sch first then shift! Anyway I also got not much choice. New flat at TPY. I tried asking my parents-in-law, they like Jurong or Pasir Ris? They couldn't sleep for a week! The location and amenities not so much for me but rather for parents and children. They help to look after my kids so can't expect them to travel so far everyday. Moreover, kids growing older already, soon they have to take public transport. Will be so pitiful if they have to travel more than 1 hour just to get to sch. Now new flat within 2km from chij tpy. Maybe my gal can try there! :P

I think whether cov is high is subjective. If there are factors that justify your decision and you can afford it, why not. If you stay at a convenient place...you can see savings in term of time, petrol, mrt fare, energy etc... If the cost difference between Bishan and other further estate that you may be considering is about $20k to $30k, then I think it's worth it. I personally think that rate of appreciation for your flat will be higher than those new estates.

Managed to get my 4A @ Bishan.

COV: 28K

5 min walk to MRT...

:P

Congrats! Your COV looks reasonable? I think due to the recent government cooling measures, sellers have mellow down :)

congrats. which floor is it?

My guess: low floor (1-5), view so so, may be kena west sun.

Edited by bepgof

Congrats! Your COV looks reasonable? I think due to the recent government cooling measures, sellers have mellow down :)

Yup. Sounds reasonable. Due to family situation of the seller. Signed in early July.

Didn't affect by the government cooling measures at all.

congrats. which floor is it?

My guess: low floor (1-5), view so so, may be kena west sun.

Yup. Very low floor. For my block, highest is Level 4. How high floor I can choose. Haha!~

No much view. Other than the tree tops. No west sun, but will be afraid that MBR will be a bit dark.