Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

Here we go!

Kitchen Half way through hacking. SPECIAL NOTE: The hacking and rebuilding of the kitchen is the best decision we have ever made. Because it was INFESTED with cockroaches. :) like 200 to 300 of em. For those who are buying a 2nd hand house and think you can get away by doing "minimal" reno. Please think again. It's your house after all and it's better if you are prepared to spend some money on renovation, chances you will and it will make you feel much better if you do. Some money, you just don't wanna save for the sake of saving it.

5205646973_4aeb56f6dc.jpg

IMG_0098 by Lik_, on Flickr

Living Room half way though hacking.

5205647485_15b8c78e4c.jpg

IMG_0102 by Lik_, on Flickr

Masterbedroom toilet before hacking!

5205646101_ac49b85f99.jpg

IMG_0096 by Lik_, on Flickr

Masterbed room after hacking!

5206253312_6b7ffd9a65.jpg

IMG_0120 by Lik_, on Flickr

Living room half way through hacking!

5205655303_42fb781200.jpg

IMG_0119 by Lik_, on Flickr

Continue on next post!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Living room all hacked and tiles all in for onset of tiling!

5206249256_33f1fe005a.jpg

IMG_0113 by Lik_, on Flickr

Kitchen all hacked and ready for tiling!

5206248162_765b11b165.jpg

IMG_0111 by Lik_, on Flickr

Masterbed room toilet tiles Started!

5206241066_767bd9a371.jpg

IMG_0150 by Lik_, on Flickr

Hey guys, will post more photos when I go "inspect" the house later and will post them up. Not much to show for now. But at the end I will post some before and after photos and also more "WIP" photos. :)

Basically I am hacking both common toilets, kitchen and re-tiling them. Remove old laminated flooring for all bedrooms and living room and putting on new laminates. Rebuilding the whole kitchen. Knocking down the storeroom between the masterbed room and common room to make a BIG masterbed room. Basic L-BOX for living room and bed room. Dining area will have a fake ceiling.

Whole house plastering and painting and building new doors for toilets and also between kitchen and living room. Roughly these are the big big stuffs. Will post up the quotation in detail when I can so that all kakis can have a rough gauge on pricing. I probably paid more, but as long as the work is done and it's good, I guess I will be satisfied. Since The contractor is friendly and My wife and I are quite comfortable working with him.

All in, it's going to cost me around 34k. Huge sum of money eh. Broke already no doubt. But it's my first house after all. :)

Living room all hacked and tiles all in for onset of tiling!

5206249256_33f1fe005a.jpg

IMG_0113 by Lik_, on Flickr

Kitchen all hacked and ready for tiling!

5206248162_765b11b165.jpg

IMG_0111 by Lik_, on Flickr

Masterbed room toilet tiles Started!

5206241066_767bd9a371.jpg

IMG_0150 by Lik_, on Flickr

Hey guys, will post more photos when I go "inspect" the house later and will post them up. Not much to show for now. But at the end I will post some before and after photos and also more "WIP" photos. :)

Basically I am hacking both common toilets, kitchen and re-tiling them. Remove old laminated flooring for all bedrooms and living room and putting on new laminates. Rebuilding the whole kitchen. Knocking down the storeroom between the masterbed room and common room to make a BIG masterbed room. Basic L-BOX for living room and bed room. Dining area will have a fake ceiling.

Whole house plastering and painting and building new doors for toilets and also between kitchen and living room. Roughly these are the big big stuffs. Will post up the quotation in detail when I can so that all kakis can have a rough gauge on pricing. I probably paid more, but as long as the work is done and it's good, I guess I will be satisfied. Since The contractor is friendly and My wife and I are quite comfortable working with him.

All in, it's going to cost me around 34k. Huge sum of money eh. Broke already no doubt. But it's my first house after all. :)

Lol . maybe u can start a thread of yr own then we can support u there ?

hello, how is the overall experience with henry from IDnote? Is he good?

My house is ready soon (collecting keys on 22 Mar), and its at the DBSS at simei. looking out for quotations from different ID firms and their designs. can you share with me Henry's email address? My email is kailinz@hotmail.com

Thanks!

hey hey.... took awhile to catch up with all the postings. finally, after all the hiccups and delays.. is really nice to see the final product!

must be an awesome feeling huh!

hey hey.... took awhile to catch up with all the postings. finally, after all the hiccups and delays.. is really nice to see the final product!

must be an awesome feeling huh!

yup its a great feeling! and we keep addin new furniture, adding new stuffs like carpets blah blah blah.. its alomst perpetually a work-in-progress (and its an expensive hobby to decorate e house).. hahaha

but its wonderful! thanks!

hello, how is the overall experience with henry from IDnote? Is he good?

My house is ready soon (collecting keys on 22 Mar), and its at the DBSS at simei. looking out for quotations from different ID firms and their designs. can you share with me Henry's email address? My email is kailinz@hotmail.com

Thanks!

idnote888@singnet.com.sg, will pm u his hp.

tts his email..

pros & cons, u can read up my blog, read up supersimon, fencer, marshmellow.. quite a huge number of blogs for idnote.. got good got bad experience..

mine i woudl say average.. there were good points but there were bad too.. hard to say in 1 post.. u have to go read up e tblog.. =)

dbss in simei ah.. wow.. **** fast.. i remember gg to see it when it launched.. din manage to get a queue number.. we woud hav loved to get it since it was new.. but the floor area realli small! (esp e kitchen) but im sure you would love your new place!

hope u hav a great time findin an id/contractor!

Yoyo~ Finally finish reading your blog. Nice reno! The process might be tiring, but I'm sure u are enjoying the fruits of it now. ^^

Do you still remember the height of your ceiling? Feel that my new home to be's ceiling is very low and won't be able to hang a ceiling fan in the living room, but see that you have one installed, so just wanna check for reference.

Yoyo~ Finally finish reading your blog. Nice reno! The process might be tiring, but I'm sure u are enjoying the fruits of it now. ^^

Do you still remember the height of your ceiling? Feel that my new home to be's ceiling is very low and won't be able to hang a ceiling fan in the living room, but see that you have one installed, so just wanna check for reference.

ya.. our ceilin is low.. we manage to put false ceilin(the false ceiling was as thin as possible and juz nice can put in the downlights only) and hang a ceiling fan.. but u muz get those shorter ceilin fans.. not many of those in e market.. ours is the KDK one.. tink e blades length quite short.. cant remem e exact dimension.. but its actually quite good.. very cold

if u dun do false ceiling in ur living room.. should b no issues gettin the longer rod ceiling fans.. those market gt alot of models..

im bout 1.78 m i tink.. i raise my hands up and tip toe i can touch e ceiling fan.. so no jumpin in e livin room.. but sit down on sofa and raise ur hands up no problems at all la..

ya.. our ceilin is low.. we manage to put false ceilin(the false ceiling was as thin as possible and juz nice can put in the downlights only) and hang a ceiling fan.. but u muz get those shorter ceilin fans.. not many of those in e market.. ours is the KDK one.. tink e blades length quite short.. cant remem e exact dimension.. but its actually quite good.. very cold

if u dun do false ceiling in ur living room.. should b no issues gettin the longer rod ceiling fans.. those market gt alot of models..

im bout 1.78 m i tink.. i raise my hands up and tip toe i can touch e ceiling fan.. so no jumpin in e livin room.. but sit down on sofa and raise ur hands up no problems at all la..

Ohhh....my FH was telling me the ceiling is too low for false ceiling and ceiling fan is a big NONO cos its too dangerous. He's about 1.79m. Hmmm....for my height of cos I don feel the danger. Hahaha...and having a ceiling fan is definitely better than having a standing one. It just looks soooo messy to me when u have more things standing around.

Btw, roughly how much did you spend on your renovation for the whole unit? Need a benchmark to work out our budget.

hi junwei,

i like ur wall decal! mine to share where u did it?? thnx alot!!!

hi, sorry missed ur post.. e lamposts i got it online @ decorette. google decorette and it'll come up..

tts 2 separate decals.. nt exactly cheap though..

Ohhh....my FH was telling me the ceiling is too low for false ceiling and ceiling fan is a big NONO cos its too dangerous. He's about 1.79m. Hmmm....for my height of cos I don feel the danger. Hahaha...and having a ceiling fan is definitely better than having a standing one. It just looks soooo messy to me when u have more things standing around.

Btw, roughly how much did you spend on your renovation for the whole unit? Need a benchmark to work out our budget.

it added up to be bout 50k. but we had alot of build in carpentry like shelves, tv console, benches, knocked down 3 walls, built up 3 partitions, and put in quite abit of glass/mirrors so these add up to quite abit.