Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Banned

My Restricted Zone - Under Construction (tampines)

Reno Day 7: 12/10/2010

Once again my tiling work got problem again.. Not my ID not my tiler and not me of cos this time.. Its the tiles itself! Somehow the last batch of tiles that come up was of a slightly different size!! :bangwall:

Living room done..

Common Toilet done..

MBR toilet halfway done..

Please.. Let me have a smooooooootttthhhhhh oneeeeee..... :bow:

Oh No!!!! is it very obvious?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh No!!!! is it very obvious?

i think so.. the tilers never continue.. but when i went up they left for dinner i guess.. dunno which one is problem tiles.. hmm.. Lucky thing is the living room is all done up den the remaining tiles for the rooms not enough and are the problem one.. Hopefully they have enough stock in the store to cover my house..

i think so.. the tilers never continue.. but when i went up they left for dinner i guess.. dunno which one is problem tiles.. hmm.. Lucky thing is the living room is all done up den the remaining tiles for the rooms not enough and are the problem one.. Hopefully they have enough stock in the store to cover my house..

Then pass me e problem tiles ba. I can help u clear it. Lol

he wan to overlay his own house lor!!! or use as feature wall .. or change skirting!!

this tiles is really causing me alot of problem.. not enough stocks from hafary! now tiles size not the same from Soon Bee Huat! What is going on sia?

Reno Day 8: 13/10/2010

Only the 8th day of the renovation and I'm totally exhausted.. Finally my tiles problem comes to a conclusion and of cos its is not the solution that i wanted.. We change to a different tile.. :~

Quite disappointed with my ID as I feel that he could have do more about this issue.. Maybe im unreasonable ba.. :dunno:

Another problem once again surfaced.. Those who intend to do a cement screed wall and wan it to remain as that.. make sure u DON"T overlay.. Will show the pics later on..

Edited by Banned

Reno Day 8: 13/10/2010

Only the 8th day of the renovation and I'm totally exhausted.. Finally my tiles problem comes to a conclusion and of cos its is not the solution that i wanted.. We change to a different tile.. :~

Quite disappointed with my ID as I feel that he could have do more about this issue.. Maybe im unreasonable ba.. :dunno:

Another problem once again surfaced.. Those who intend to do a cement screed wall and wan it to remain as that.. make sure u DON"T overlay.. Will show the pics later on..

Bro... hang in there~ your reno really has lots of obstacles... :o

you mean your rooms will have different tiles?

hai.. very tired liao.. everything also not very shun.. maybe i should have listen to choose a good date to start work.. zz

Share with u guys what really happen for the tile issue..

I had selected this particular tiles from SBH for my living room and my 2 bedrooms almost 2 mths ago.. Tiling work started on monday with the living room almost completed by the end of the day..

Tues my id called me saying that the tiles have some issue as it is not of a 90 degree.. Living room was all done up left 2 bedrooms and the remaining tiles cannot be used so they asked me to select another tile to use... I was very reluctant to change the tiles as I had some concepts in mind for my house.. so I get him to ask SBH to replace the problem tiles.. He jus tell me that SBH wont do that as they come in huge containers and say even if they do that the batch will still be have the same problem tiles.. I was like thinking if i can get the whole living room done up.. i could easily jus get it for my rooms what.. den i ask if we could get it from another tiles shop that might have the same thing and no was the answer..

So end up i try to argue with SBH myself and ask the sales to call me.. but they didnt call me and just used the replacement piece i had chosen..

Like i said, at the end of the day, this issue is not my fault, not mine, not the tilers and not my id. The fault lies with the tiles itself.. But I just wished my ID would have done more to get me what i wan and not have gone the easiest way out..

Edited by Banned

Tues my id called me saying that the tiles have some issue as it is not of a 90 degree..

O_O...

Not 90 degree? :o

:o wat special tile is dat? :o

Unique floor leh :blink:

hai.. very tired liao.. everything also not very shun.. maybe i should have listen to choose a good date to start work.. zz

Share with u guys what really happen for the tile issue..

I had selected this particular tiles from SBH for my living room and my 2 bedrooms almost 2 mths ago.. Tiling work started on monday with the living room almost completed by the end of the day..

Tues my id called me saying that the tiles have some issue as it is not of a 90 degree.. Living room was all done up left 2 bedrooms and the remaining tiles cannot be used so they asked me to select another tile to use... I was very reluctant to change the tiles as I had some concepts in mind for my house.. so I get him to ask SBH to replace the problem tiles.. He jus tell me that SBH wont do that as they come in huge containers and say even if they do that the batch will still be have the same problem tiles.. I was like thinking if i can get the whole living room done up.. i could easily jus get it for my rooms what.. den i ask if we could get it from another tiles shop that might have the same thing and no was the answer..

So end up i try to argue with SBH myself and ask the sales to call me.. but they didnt call me and just used the replacement piece i had chosen..

Wat kind of tile is this?how come can pass quality check? Show a pic of the tile...

Hmmm..dun think too much abt it.must move forward positivity!jia you!

Like i said, at the end of the day, this issue is not my fault, not mine, not the tilers and not my id. The fault lies with the tiles itself.. But I just wished my ID would have done more to get me what i wan and not have gone the easiest way out..

Hi Banned,

U can give SBH a call and ask them direct and see if their explanation and what was told to you by ur contractor is true.... usually SBH will be very willing to check and provide u with a solution...

Cheers!!

Hi Banned,

U can give SBH a call and ask them direct and see if their explanation and what was told to you by ur contractor is true.... usually SBH will be very willing to check and provide u with a solution...

Cheers!!

he already contact SBH, no practical solution..

Hi marshmallow, I dun think they will approve the waiver unless they are still doing free installation in your area. I am in the same shoe as you and I got rejected after appeal to them. They told me my whole area already done up the free installation and left the area. So what to do, I want the fibre broadband so I pay $220 for them to install and now still waiting for their so call backend check (QC) before I can start to apply service from ISP. :bangwall: All the best to your appeal. Below are the email they reply to me:

Thank you for your email.

The installation period for your address was from 9/11/09 to 28/11/09.

As the period of installation to your area has been completed, the installation charges as indicated in the Home Owner’s Guide(for the first 15m) will apply if you’ve declined or missed the initial offer (see below).

Premise Type

Charge per connection

High-Rise

S$220

Landed

S$450

We seek your kind understanding on this matter.

Please contact us if you have other enquiries

Thank you,

Regards

OpenNet Customer Care Team

Hi,

I got the same issue, i go all the way to screw them up and see what is the reply i got from opennet

We have done an assessment of your appeal; however, we regret to inform you that

we are unable to extend the first 15-metre free offer. We understand that you

were not the owner during the period of the installation, which was from

05/04/10 - 24/04/10, but we have sent two letters of offer to the address in

question. It would be up to the owner to respond to the offer.

However the HDB transaction for your unit as mentioned was completed on the 17

Sept 2010. It was approx 4 months after the installations period.

Henceforth, we are sorry to inform, as the free installation only applies during

that stipulated period of time, the estimated installation charge of $220

(excluding GST) would apply should you wish to proceed with the installation.