Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Cool, nice to know that sofa beds lasts.

I'm excited to fix up my Ikea stuffs, loads of stuffs were just delivered to my place yesternight.

I am also an 'Ikea' fan! As our Ikea furniture was bought less than a year, I am keeping the 2-seater white sofa (my sister will help to give it a thorough cleanse using a type of chemical wash), and one white side board which is my favourite! All things in white is my favourite! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your complete reno. :D

Noted, thanks.

the laminates should be able to cleaned with a well-wringed mop. they are built to last with normal floorcare products.... sweeping them (even using Kao Magiclean sheets) will simply push the dust from one area to another without picking them up wor...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
011210 (day 30)

-Laminates installation

DSCN3195.jpg

Why Pergo? (source: floorxpert)

Since 1977, PERGO laminate flooring has offered high-quality, stylish, true look of ......

I like your floor laminates. For my reno, I have a platform bed which uses laminate. As there will be folds to wrap the corners of platform (as seen in the 3D drawing in my blog), I was told that only certain soft laminate can achieve the effect.

Looking forward to see the end results of your extended Toilet/Shower room cos' I'm thinking of doing something similar ... however I'm having problems due to the configuration of the pipings and also because the wall adjoining my bedroom and the shower room cannot be hacked :(

Thanks mae29,

Yes,the final product fabulous.

I noticed that the laminates amplified the noises when things are dropped onto the floor.

Folds? Corners are achieved with F-joints if I didn't get it wrong. :)

I like your floor laminates. For my reno, I have a platform bed which uses laminate. As there will be folds to wrap the corners of platform (as seen in the 3D drawing in my blog), I was told that only certain soft laminate can achieve the effect.

Hi ahhnam

The ajoined Shower+WC turned out great, a little cramp neverthless due to the shared space with the walkway.

My renovation is completing soon, stay tuned for the finished product ;)

I think I got what you mean, where the whole slap of wall are dark bold lines.

in that case I don't know if it is worth parting your kitchen space aset your walk-way linking your bedroom to shower+wc.

Prehaps you can get your ID's opinion?

Looking forward to see the end results of your extended Toilet/Shower room cos' I'm thinking of doing something similar ... however I'm having problems due to the configuration of the pipings and also because the wall adjoining my bedroom and the shower room cannot be hacked :(

Hi ahhnam

The ajoined Shower+WC turned out great, a little cramp neverthless due to the shared space with the walkway.

My renovation is completing soon, stay tuned for the finished product ;)

I think I got what you mean, where the whole slap of wall are dark bold lines.

in that case I don't know if it is worth parting your kitchen space aset your walk-way linking your bedroom to shower+wc.

Prehaps you can get your ID's opinion?

Yup, whole slap of wall with dark bold lines. I also read that hdb only allows extension up to 60cm width + 0.6 sq m so may be difficult to extend the walkway all the way to the side of the bedroom wall that can be hacked. Meeting with my contractor tomorrow to explore the options ... worse case is to live with having the wash basin and shower together although I still rather separate the "wet" and "dry" areas.

dexufto : Dec 2 2010, 01:06pm  -  Laminates installation

Dexufto, your floor laminates installation looks very good. The floor looks spacious, neat and very pleasing.

Looks like after your house renovation is done, you will be qualified to be a good ID or Main Contractor with low-priced lobangs.

Dexufto, your floor laminates installation looks very good. The floor looks spacious, neat and very pleasing.

Looks like after your house renovation is done, you will be qualified to be a good ID or Main Contractor with low-priced lobangs.

...or we can engage him as Project Manager or Project Consultant!

Ritez, answering my own quiries;

A bit of homework;

curtains.jpg

Will be engaging the home classic interior furnishing. The guys will be doing site measurements tomorrow.

Let's see how it goes.

dexufto, can you also share home classic interior furnishing number with me. I need 1 more piece of roller blind for my bed room. The size is odd because of the air con trunking running beside my window, so i cant get it from Ikea.

Ladies, you have been generous with your kind words.

Bu Gan Dan la, at the end of the day, my contractor would still come in and complete my renovation,

I've certainly pick up quite a lot through this reno process.

Will post up some pics in due time, been busy of late :)

...or we can engage him as Project Manager or Project Consultant!

Have PMed. ;)

dexufto, can you also share home classic interior furnishing number with me. I need 1 more piece of roller blind for my bed room. The size is odd because of the air con trunking running beside my window, so i cant get it from Ikea.
Edited by dexufto

03/12/10

Arrival of Electrical applicances and stuffs.

This post came late; bu better than never..

We purchased several of these items as backdated as July; during sales and bargins

and here is what we got

Oven: AristonFD 61.1 ICE

retail price: $919, purchase price: $699

DSCN3265.jpg

Refrigator: Samsung RT72KASE

retail price: $1399, purchase price: $1079 (no freebies)

DSCN3263.jpg

Washing machine:Thomson TXSD9813 -8kg wash, 4kg dry

retail price: $1699, purchase price: $1500 (+$100 voucher rebate)

DSCN3278.jpg

Edited by dexufto

nice reno u have done up! we have chose the same pergo family laminate flooring (wooden chocolate).. good choice.. =)

urs laminate flooring is overlay over existing tiles too?

Dexufto, could u pass me the number of your contractor please?

I'm looking at renovating my place after CNY

your place is really well done and u have good taste. my only complain is that I don't have as much cash as you to spend on big tv n nice washer:)

My reno budget is very tight too.(only $15K)

Thanks steelze,

I was initially intending to get robina laminates, but when they offer me an irresistable price for the pergo laminates,

I signed with them without hesistation. heh

Yes, love the grains selection, looks quite look timber ;)

Yupz, I overlay my previous tiles directly.

Learnt that your renovation is progressing well and congrats for getting a good deal :)

nice reno u have done up! we have chose the same pergo family laminate flooring (wooden chocolate).. good choice.. =)

urs laminate flooring is overlay over existing tiles too?

Thanks chang2,

I assume you are a 3-roomer? $15 maybe a bit tight, but I believe I have come across forumers whom has done up with this budget. Have PMed you the contacts. All the best for your selection.

Like you I have a budget, however I'm blessed with generous relatives :)

Dexufto, could u pass me the number of your contractor please?

I'm looking at renovating my place after CNY

your place is really well done and u have good taste. my only complain is that I don't have as much cash as you to spend on big tv n nice washer:)

My reno budget is very tight too.(only $15K)

Edited by dexufto

I believe the color of the Samsung Fridge u chose is snow white?

Courts selling 1399 + 200 voucher...(just went there yday to window shop) but i think urs a better deal.. straight away minus off n it's a better deal.

Got it from everjoint?

Nice reno blog u have... (have read from page 1 to pg 6 to extract some of your tips n info, hee)

Hi Julian.T

Your nick looks familar, but I don't recall you have T-Blog :)

I believe that the RT72KASE only comes in white..Thanks, I have been monitoring on this fridge for the longest time.

Previously BD is offering the $100 off + camera deal, but I figure I don't need another camera. I purchased it from one of the electrical sale at Expo (by AH), what it matters is they allow me to hold with $79 deposit and includes free delivery as well ;)

Sounds like you were eyeing on this unit as well?

If my memory didn't fail me, I saw it advertising at $1399 (with free $100 voucher off + $200 ntuc (or was it Giant) voucher.) from yesterdays' papers.

Thanks. I'm delighted you benefited from my insights, please go ahead & extract, comment. At the end of the day, we are here to share our renovation journey.

I believe the color of the Samsung Fridge u chose is snow white?

Courts selling 1399 + 200 voucher...(just went there yday to window shop) but i think urs a better deal.. straight away minus off n it's a better deal.

Got it from everjoint?

Nice reno blog u have... (have read from page 1 to pg 6 to extract some of your tips n info, hee)