Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Got this from Ossify's T-blog;

Looking for LEIFHEIT/ RAYEN household products?

Check out Hogarmas

(the Leifheit kitchen towel-holder actually costs less than that of Johnlittle expo sale

Got a good deal of goodies with free delivery cum free gift

(they actually given me one more ironingboard+cover, saying that I spent above $300)

DSCN3309.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Coffee-table or Dinning table?

Molecule, located at Great world city & Orchard central, carries an array of these furnitures. I had my eyes fixed on one of the space-saving coffee table convertables from the Orchard Central branch.

remembered they are retailing the 'yoyo' for $2,300 and one of the coffe-tables for $3,700.

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/space-sav...e-saving-tables

The price is too steep to my liking despite the 15% GSS off. :(

A bit more digging and seaching leads to a plesant find; XZQT offers a similar furnitures from calligaris, also from Italy. Located at ION, Kaki bukit & Pandan Crescent. Visited the ION branch, and was pleased to find the similar coffee table convertables that are offered at a lower price. E.g 'Flexy' for $1988 & 'Magic-J' for $2488 (prices before GST+Delivery). With GSS, most products are gng for 30% less + additional 7.5% for Amex cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJAV3E8DdTE...feature=related

Eventually I got the Flexy during the GSS (Yes, it was that long ago xP ) at 50% discount from the Pandan Cresent outlet from a display model (due to a 50 cent indented marks on the table, thought I could live with that flaw). I added 6 x olivia foldable chairs for dinning use.

Flexy as coffee-table complimenting the Sofabed.

DSCN3324.jpg

The same Flexy as dinning-table

DSCN3330.jpg

When the olivia chairs are not in use, they are stowed away under the sofabed storage compartment.

All 6 of them. :rolleyes:

DSCN3331.jpg

Edited by dexufto

• Like 1

Oh your living room is adorable.

I'm guessing you don't eat at home often? It's really tiring to keep moving the tables around... :)

Btw have you installed that Leifheit kitchen roll/cling wrap dispenser? How do you find it?

Oh your living room is adorable.

I'm guessing you don't eat at home often? It's really tiring to keep moving the tables around... :)

Btw have you installed that Leifheit kitchen roll/cling wrap dispenser? How do you find it?

Thanks january,

Well, it's too early to make the call now as we're not moving in yet.

Chances are, we would probably eat at the current place at the sofabed, the flexy allows the table height to be raised anyway, as there's only 2 of us.

Only when we are expecting guests, then we will shift it to the 'dinning area'.

The kitchen towel holder works like a charm. We has a house warming recently and the holder proves to be a useful tool. Having the aluminium foil and cling-wrap easily accessible, it makes kitchen cooking & preparation works smoother.

Would recommend it. :good:

Thank you ladies :)

After I look back a 6 months ago, from getting an apartment, to looking for contractor, hunting for bargins..

the very thought that this was only pereived on a piece of paper to life-size.

It is absolutely satisifying.

IMHO, I had a smooth renovation by Gods' Grace.

congrats, Dex, on the completion of yr reno! Now it's time to enjoy your new space after all the hard work and money spent!

The kitchen towel holder works like a charm. We has a house warming recently and the holder proves to be a useful tool. Having the aluminium foil and cling-wrap easily accessible, it makes kitchen cooking & preparation works smoother.

what is the maximum dimension of the rolls that can be used? length and thickness? is it mounted by tape or does it require drilling?

what is the maximum dimension of the rolls that can be used? length and thickness? is it mounted by tape or does it require drilling?

It can fit any regular kitchen towel froggy,

however it is limited to 30.4cm length aluminum foil.

I didn't drill, a 3m mounting tape did the trick of holding the holder. :)

Thanks january,

Well, it's too early to make the call now as we're not moving in yet.

Chances are, we would probably eat at the current place at the sofabed, the flexy allows the table height to be raised anyway, as there's only 2 of us.

Only when we are expecting guests, then we will shift it to the 'dinning area'.

i guess it should be fine... when i was staying with my sis, we always had our meals at the coffee table (cos bro in law likes to be closer to the TV :lol:)... had been doing that for a good 7 years ;)

i guess it should be fine... when i was staying with my sis, we always had our meals at the coffee table (cos bro in law likes to be closer to the TV :lol:)... had been doing that for a good 7 years ;)

That's precisely my point, I don't recall eating at the dinning table in my own home, and neither does wtb.

The dinning table has been a white elephant; only to be cluttered with pamplets and advertisements. :P

But on another note; should we have kids in the future, we will get a proper dinner table.

Till then it's this for now.

dex, is yr reno completed? are you going to show some before and after photos later on?

Sorry Guys;

Just hosting up some pics on the completed work;

busy with another project; it's called wedding prepration :)

part1

Common corridor

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

view from maindoor

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

Edited by dexufto

part5

The proposed TV console/ shoe cabinet area

IMG_0517-1-1.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg