Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timpanister

Short Term Lease (6 Months) Terms And Conditions?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

What are the terms and conditions for 6 months lease or lease <1 year? Can we request the tenant to pay 2 months security deposit?

Yes you can 2 (rental) + 1 (good faith deposit) :)

Yes you can 2 (rental) + 1 (good faith deposit) :)

That's what I thought too, as the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement are not laid in stone. But the stupid agent representing me or serving tenant. Keep increasing list of wanted items and reducing the tenancy by half. And said that market practice is 1 month good faith deposit. When the place has just TOP and so are the furnishing and furniture, and they want a 6 months tenancy. They probably want to use my developer's 1 year warranty to practice themselves of any damages they made during the tenancy.

Luckily I did not enter into a tenancy agreement yet.

Well, certainly I am learning a lot from dealing with the many agents who are interested to market my place, and also the many salesmen and IDs who are interested in getting my business. Many are unreliable.

That's what I thought too, as the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement are not laid in stone. But the stupid agent representing me or serving tenant. Keep increasing list of wanted items and reducing the tenancy by half. And said that market practice is 1 month good faith deposit. When the place has just TOP and so are the furnishing and furniture, and they want a 6 months tenancy. They probably want to use my developer's 1 year warranty to practice themselves of any damages they made during the tenancy.

Luckily I did not enter into a tenancy agreement yet.

Well, certainly I am learning a lot from dealing with the many agents who are interested to market my place, and also the many salesmen and IDs who are interested in getting my business. Many are unreliable.

In the market, the trend is to pay 1 mth security deposit which I don't think the agent is wrong. In order to fulfill a contract, there must be a willing landlord and a willing tenant. If cannot means no deal lor.

As for the inventory list, cannot help it lah. I have been a house owner and a tenant before. Even when I am renovating my place, my mind changes. People tends to be flicker minded so at times, both side get pissed and no deal. In the past, agents deal with these funny request like want extra bookshelve, reading lamp, microwave by paying from their own pocket.

During the day when I am landlord, I need to pay like one month commission, now it seems like 0.5mth or ang pow. Chicken and egg thing.

Contractors or ID are still the same like 10 years ago. No improvement. Haha!