Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coyoteapple

Curtain Or Blinds

Hi all,

Can someone help suggest what should i use for my common room window? I really dunno should i use curtain or blinds cos it's such an odd shape. Do i need to break the curtain or blind into two?

And the wall on top is so thin.

CommonBedroomWindow.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Can someone help suggest what should i use for my common room window? I really dunno should i use curtain or blinds cos it's such an odd shape. Do i need to break the curtain or blind into two?

CommonBedroomWindow.jpg

Would recommend vertical blinds.

dun ever use blind .. very very hard to maintain it .... imagine when it is a lot of dust on it ... how r u going to clean it ? clean the 'blade' 1 by 1 ? i rather throw it hahhaha

• Like 1

dun ever use blind .. very very hard to maintain it .... imagine when it is a lot of dust on it ... how r u going to clean it ? clean the 'blade' 1 by 1 ? i rather throw it hahhaha

yes its too hard to clean blinds!! but if you keep clean on daily basis then blinds never get dust on it! lets check this thing i have, a ready made curtains providers at UK London. Designers bedding, which is offering ready made curtains and best brands of blinds and curtains Kylie at home bedding and Linda barker lined fabric.

If anyone like there product can discuss here!

http://designersbedding.co.uk

Hi all,

CommonBedroomWindow.jpg

get roller blinds. Minimal cleaning.

I definitely agree with you blinds are so hard to clean, you have to wipe the blades 1 by 1 in order to clean it the right way. I'd prefer to use curtains.

Can't see the difficulty in installing curtain with "thin wall", rail just need to mount at the "ceiling" of the protruding wall. Got half height & full height curtain. You can use "2 layer" curtain = 1 thinner, 1 thicker for different light conditions.......

Blinds - difficult to wash, roller jam, blade tear (replacement problem comes)after some time with strong wind constantly, more mechanical problems.

Edited by bepgof

Use roller blinds, not venetian blinds. Easiest to maintain!

i say go for roman blinds. in my home, i have all roman blinds except 1 curtain in the living room (sliding glass door leading to balcony). roman blinds have more character and they are easy to maintain. i just wipe with a cloth once a month, and wash once every year.

i say go for roman blinds. in my home, i have all roman blinds except 1 curtain in the living room (sliding glass door leading to balcony). roman blinds have more character and they are easy to maintain. i just wipe with a cloth once a month, and wash once every year.

where did you buy your roman blinds and the curtain? thanks

Hi!

Everyone wants to make their home a cozy and comfortable place. In order to do this using wood items is one of the choices that vast number of people go for nowadays. Due to the comfort factor people are extensively using wooden blinds for their windows. The curtains are losing out in the race as they have to be regularly changed and cleaned.

In terms of wooden blinds it has to be said that they require least cleaning. Wooden blinds come in different materials such as plastic, wood, fabric or faux wood. In the wooden range braswood is the most popular.

So i suggest you wooden blinds are the best replacement for curtains!

Hi a_patche, I am also interested in ROMAN BLINDS, recommended by friend, but they are not in SG nor JB, too far away from SG, so any contact you got yours from? How much they charged you?

Thanks,

Well friend if ur home is similar to mine , you have to make smaller curtain since the window is smaller than normal window. the height is shorter

Well friend if ur home is similar to mine , you have to make smaller curtain since the window is smaller than normal window. the height is shorter

I got my blackout curtain installed by Singapore curtains and i am quite pleased with the service, price and result ;)

curtains should be nicer for odd shape windows, u can ask for soft tracking and the cutain will be in 1 piece for this window. Saw my friend house using this method too.