Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coyoteapple

Curtain Or Blinds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have Venetian blinds for all the rooms and curtain for the living. I do not find Venetian blinds that hard to clean, close the blades and u can clean it as if u r cleaning any roman blinds. Because the blades are adjustable, u can control privacy and vary the amount of lighting to come into your room without compromising on ventilation. And when it rained, I could open the windows for ventilation without the rain coming in. Contrary, I don't know how dirty my curtain gets and got to dismantle it for washing and drying from time to time, although u may not see the dirt in your naked eye. And when it rained, I definitely got to close my living windows.

Good Day Everyone,

Just to share with you all.........

Last Sunday(09/01/2011) i have just bought the ready made curtain from the shop call H.M Curtain (Below are the location of the outlets), they do have custom tailor made to suit individual preference.

Twice; i have bought from them on their ready made curtain for my 4Rm Flat, as i personal feel that the material they use still able to meet my standard. (Subject to individual preference)

Living Room: 2sets of 70% blackout day and night curtains (two layers) - both sets Full Length, Study Room: 1set of 70% day blackout Half Length (one layer), Master Room: 1set of 100% day blackout Full Length (one layer), Common Room: Rental Out - KIV :unsure: .

The saleperson is kind enough to quote that all these pricing are before discount, after discount pricing i further ask for abit more "reduction" amount. :sport-smiley-004:

As a budgeted consumer like me :D , i tend to ask for more discountssss.... :D:D, finally we agree on the pricing - $430.

Bro & Sis, do take note of the curtain length.

For me, i still need to send for tailor to sew the excess curtain length.

As usual, i ask for reduction amount and finally agree on $60 for 6sets of curtains...... :dribble::dribble:

For the detail calculation, i will not touch on that so it would be $82 per set of curtain including sewing the excess length.

To me overall money well spent.....

Disclaimer: I'm not the owner nor the saleperson of this shop, i have a sale recepit to prove........

I would like to take this opportunity to wish ALL of you, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR...... HUAT AH........... :D

www.hongming.com.sg

Showrooms:

IMM Building #02-62

(S) 609601 Tel: 65679892 Fax: 65679179

Blk 720 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 #01-4116

(S) 560720 Tel: 64523830 Fax: 64526801

Blk 183 Toa Payoh Central #01-296

(S) 310183 Tel: 63564348 Fax: 62594908

Tanjong Katong Complex #01-25/51

(S) 400845 Tel: 65471375 Fax: 65471374

Blk 211, New Upper Changi Road #01-749

(S) 460211 Tel: 62461292 Fax: 62461092

Sembawang Shopping Centre

604 Sembawang Road,#02-16/17

(S) 758459 Tel: 67525659 Fax: 67521050

Blk 2A Woodlands Centre Road #01-142

(S) 731002 Tel: 62691896 Fax: 63654580

Edited by EOS 450D

Hi!

Everyone wants to make their home a cozy and comfortable place. In order to do this using wood items is one of the choices that vast number of people go for nowadays. Due to the comfort factor people are extensively using wooden blinds for their windows. The curtains are losing out in the race as they have to be regularly changed and cleaned.

In terms of wooden blinds it has to be said that they require least cleaning. Wooden blinds come in different materials such as plastic, wood, fabric or faux wood. In the wooden range braswood is the most popular.

So i suggest you wooden blinds are the best replacement for curtains!

I absolutely agree. Am using wooden blinds for the entire house. No hassle in cleaning. You are right I just wipe it once a month with one of those 'magic' dusters.....easy. I don't know why some people think curtains don't get as dirty. I think the only difference is that you just dont' see the dirt to know it's there, but it definitely is , and, its much more difficult to clean curtains than blinds. What with having to remove them from the rails and then removing the hooks.... I've used curtains and I've used blinds and, personally, I dont think I'll ever go back to curtains.