Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thomaslfc

Double Glazed Windows To Block Noise Out

hi .. does anyone install Double Glazed Windows to block noise out? If yes..

a) what level of noise that makes you decide to do double glazed?

b) how much does it cost compared to normal windows? doubled?

c) are there any pros and cons to double glazed?

d) is it effective in blocking noise from expressway that travels up the hdb flat? At 25th floor?

e) are there any HDB regulations on double glazed windows installation?

Thanks in advance!! ;) ;) ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i can't remember the cost but i knw that the real, proper double-glazed glass is so effective that it can actually cut down noise by as much as 80%.

it was tested against the engine noise created by a commercial airplane's engines. i think it was about 4-5 times more expensive than the normal glass windows.

i dunno how effective it is and the price. but i know the the windows of the centris units facing the MRT are double glazed. and i heard from those that been there, its quite effective

i dunno how effective it is and the price. but i know the the windows of the centris units facing the MRT are double glazed. and i heard from those that been there, its quite effective

Thanks!! I just installed it cost double that of normal window and it cuts off about 50%-60%of the noise :)

Thanks!! I just installed it cost double that of normal window and it cuts off about 50%-60%of the noise :)

not only that, you will save a great deal on aircon bills as the glass is double glazed... :rolleyes:

when i was staying in an hdb flat, my bedroom window was facing an open air carpark just below and about 100m away was a busy road.

the carpark every now and then got some cars the alarm will activate in the middle of the night and the road will have cars horning during peak hours.

i had to change all my windows at that time and i decided to install double glaze window in my bedroom, about 70cm X 2, cost me about $600

seriously, i could not hear the alarms or the horns anymore. i step out of bedroom then can hear.

but the sound will leak in from other places like the wooden board infront of your aircon so u need to seal it up with silicon, and the sound of my neighbour's elephant pets stomping above me was amplified...

not only that, you will save a great deal on aircon bills as the glass is double glazed... :rolleyes:

hey neubie, you going to install the double glazed windows too?

am thinking about them too, because the mrt track is about 200-300 m away from my block...

not really noisy but can hear lor... checked out Tay Boon Tat but they did not tell me how much...

maybe will drop by their office when I am going to change the windows...

http://www.tayboontat.com/index.php?option...1&Itemid=14

I like their doors and grilles... but not cheap :P

hey neubie, you going to install the double glazed windows too?

am thinking about them too, because the mrt track is about 200-300 m away from my block...

not really noisy but can hear lor... checked out Tay Boon Tat but they did not tell me how much...

maybe will drop by their office when I am going to change the windows...

http://www.tayboontat.com/index.php?option...1&Itemid=14

I like their doors and grilles... but not cheap :P

I have done up all my bedrooms with double glazed windows. Unfortunately, it doesn't block the noise coming from the fast and furious motorcycle :(

It is rather irritating esp at night. Bear in mind that windows will be heavy. As such, the installer must ensure that it is installed in parallel against the ground level if possible. Otherwise, you might find it difficult to close it moving forward.

I have done up all my bedrooms with double glazed windows. Unfortunately, it doesn't block the noise coming from the fast and furious motorcycle :(

It is rather irritating esp at night. Bear in mind that windows will be heavy. As such, the installer must ensure that it is installed in parallel against the ground level if possible. Otherwise, you might find it difficult to close it moving forward.

Where you gotten the windows from? Installed by?

Appreciate if you could share?

I managed to find another website:

http://www.panggiap88.com.sg/soundproof-windows.html

Hi can I check where to find the contractors to do double glazing? Does it really work? Is the www.panggiap88.com.sg okie? I am staying beside CTE and the traffic is roaring every night that I can't get proper sleep. Pls help. Thanks.

when i was staying in an hdb flat, my bedroom window was facing an open air carpark just below and about 100m away was a busy road.

the carpark every now and then got some cars the alarm will activate in the middle of the night and the road will have cars horning during peak hours.

i had to change all my windows at that time and i decided to install double glaze window in my bedroom, about 70cm X 2, cost me about $600

seriously, i could not hear the alarms or the horns anymore. i step out of bedroom then can hear.

but the sound will leak in from other places like the wooden board infront of your aircon so u need to seal it up with silicon, and the sound of my neighbour's elephant pets stomping above me was amplified...

hi which contractor you engaged to do your double glazed windows? pls email me at lynnzlq@hotmail.com

thanks, linda

<!--quoteo(post=564222:date=Aug 13 2010, 02:56 PM:name=foursprings)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foursprings @ Aug 13 2010, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=564222"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->when i was staying in an hdb flat, my bedroom window was facing an open air carpark just below and about 100m away was a busy road.

but the sound will leak in from other places like the wooden board infront of your aircon so u need to seal it up with silicon, and the sound of my neighbour's elephant pets stomping above me was amplified...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hi which contractor you engaged to do your double glazed windows? pls email me at lynnzlq@hotmail.com

thanks, linda

Hi Lina,

Did u install double glazed windows? May I know is it effective on soundproofing?

double glaze is definitely useful and effective in blocking sound, only problem is u must on the aircon and cant enjoy natural breeze if u want to avoid noise :)

if u want natural wind, the noise is back :(

Can the windows block the buses and lorry noise? My flat is facing the main road and it noisy during morning and nite.

How about furious motorbike?