Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Sembawang 5 Room Pigeon Hole

@ Dr A: btw dude welcome to Sembawang! we could almost have been neighbors but ironically when you're moving in, i will be in transit moving out.

which Pri sch is closer to your home - Sembawang or Canberra?

Edited by titanax

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ohh bishan vs sembawang, i will pick bishan also lor haha

nearer to canberra (the round balcony) no idea why the hdb bother to build a round balcony... zzzzzz

ohh bishan vs sembawang, i will pick bishan also lor haha

nearer to canberra (the round balcony) no idea why the hdb bother to build a round balcony... zzzzzz

oh those blocks, i think there is a fella RTer with a similar floor plan layout - can't recall now... zz

i've lived in yishun all my life, moved to sembawang 7 yrs ago..but the traffic at Lentor and the CTE drive to work can be h'ell. so bishan is the furthermost i can go and still be a northerner! :lol:

Edited by titanax

Grats! Finally your T-blog is up. ;) Hey, you forgot the very first thing you're supposed to put up here - your floorplan.

Oh, yes, the round balcony, quite near the MRT. What you gonna do with the round balcony??? ;)

LOL.. just a difference of few months and we could've been neighbours - we are nearer to Canberra Sec Sch.

Ok, wishing you a smooth reno journey. :good:

Edited by lachesis

It is never my intention to buy a resale flat. Its expensive for first-timer even with the grant. But for privacy, independent from my family and most importantly, a home for my wife, we decide to buy a resale flat. BTO is ridiculously slow and never able to get a good queue number.

We can't fly out of the north region because both our parents are in the north. The most important reason is the food at Yishun is fantastic! :paint:

Buying a flat means proper calculation to ensure we don't take a loan amount that restrict our future growth. We also don't want to pay till the day we retire. After much calculation, it means a maximum of 25 years loan for us.

At the same time, we also revamp our personal insurance to ensure we are properly cover.

We dropped HPS and appeal to use our insurance instead. To me, laying a strong foundation financially to cope with unforeseen situation is very important.

CPFIS is carefully diverted out and ensure that in any jobless situation, servicing our loan is not a problem.

For both CPF/cash reserve, we have set aside at least 24 mths aside. I'm responsible for my family and answerable to my wife-to-be.

Finally, with all these done, we embarked the journey of house hunting and settled down with a unit that is 3-5mins walk to the MRT and right beside a primary school.

To be continue....

Grats! Finally your T-blog is up. ;) Hey, you forgot the very first thing you're supposed to put up here - your floorplan.

Ok, wishing you a smooth reno journey. :good:

yea, for a second i thought I was reading a thread from channelnewsasia forum, and boy is 24 mths emergency fund OUTSTANDING..

hai, for the love of this new house..

seems like some forum mates have already acquainted with you Dr, so my humble greetings

looking forward to your intro with floorplan

happy reno-ing!

The floorplan....more like an EA rather than a 5 room

Edited by jaskel

After FSM audit....I was like OMG...need to change most of the design...

So now have to work double hard to come out the design and also the quotation....

Edited by jaskel

lachesis,

yeah finally. Opps didn't know thats the procedure haha, didn't want to put up my floorplan so fast yet mah but Jaskel very fast finger put up le :D

I will only be moving in next yr (before CNY) as our is a contra case.

You too! Wish I have more $$ for EA in Bishan :P but i always want to live in Thomson area since young. My next goal after this house :P

Jeffcraze,

Thanks mate!

ne0mesis,

lol! I hate long-term financial commitment. Some may say hdb loan is a good debt but I belong to the school of thoughts, the earlier pay off is good. 10 -15 years will be a nice duration. yeah i believe having 24 mths of reserve is extremely healthy and it takes me years of planning. zz

Jaskel,

you **** fast lah i havent post up, you help me post liao :P

oh yah do take note that the dining table is now shifted nearer to the household shelter (behind it) as my wife request :P

Jaskel,

you **** fast lah i havent post up, you help me post liao :P

oh yah do take note that the dining table is now shifted nearer to the household shelter (behind it) as my wife request :P

U look quite busy...got so many things to plan for, so I help out a bit to lessen your burden. So u can concentrate more on other planning such as wedding. Hope u don't mind. :D If u want me to post on whatever info. that u have passed to me also can.