Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Updates!!

Had a mini-handover ceremony yesterday night about 9pm :D But even before that, hubby and I rushed down to the John Little expo sale for some bedding shopping! Our bed's arriving tomorrow! :sport-smiley-004:

We arranged the meeting at 9pm but were pleasantly surprised to find Alex and Keith already there at 8.30pm (and Jason sitting in his car). Thank you all for always being punctual. It means alot when you take care not to waste your customers' time. :good:

Much-awaited 10.5ft wardrobe from Hommage arrived yesterday!

aee59dce.jpg

Dining set, mattress and bedframe to be delivered tomorrow! And the rest of the scratched kitchen cabinets too! And the assembly of the pull-out dish rack which I super love. :wub:

:D

Edited by jaskel

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Had been reading Renotalk forum for the past few weeks . Decided to register today and ask start to look for contractor since my 1st appointment is coming near. Can someone Pm me Jasket Contact ? Or Jasket can you pm me ? Btw , are you a HDB license contractor ?

Had been reading Renotalk forum for the past few weeks . Decided to register today and ask start to look for contractor since my 1st appointment is coming near. Can someone Pm me Jasket Contact ? Or Jasket can you pm me ? Btw , are you a HDB license contractor ?

No, I'm not a HDB licensed contractor.

Had been reading Renotalk forum for the past few weeks . Decided to register today and ask start to look for contractor since my 1st appointment is coming near.

Welcome :D

Have a great Reno Journey :yamseng:

I just realised..

OUR HANDOVER IS TOMORROW!.!.!.! :dancingqueen:

:good: to a smooth handover, it must be a great feeling to have things go like clockwork & a exciting journey - without nightmares :yamseng: looking forward to mine :)

No, I'm not a HDB licensed contractor.

& yet there are forummers ut there who can vouch for your quality of work...right darkfear ? HDB licensed so what? it does not guarantee anything - on the contrary there are wankers out there, LICENSED even...doing a piss poor job as we speak...the ball is round ;)

Edited by titanax

:good: to a smooth handover, it must be a great feeling to have things go like clockwork & a exciting journey - without nightmares :yamseng: looking forward to mine :)

& yet there are forummers ut there who can vouch for your quality of work...right darkfear ? HDB licensed so what? it does not guarantee anything - on the contrary there are wankers out there, LICENSED even...doing a piss poor job as we speak...the ball is round ;)

haha thanks bro.. i'm sure u are in the best possible pair of hands around... now totally caught up with work and moving in so there's very little posting going around here.. apologies to everyone!! will post photos when the furniture is all there~~

brief update: We got our starhub cable and broadband up already! phew... another $70 per month burnt!

hmmmmm don't know but I think HDB licensed contractors are the ones who are allowed to hack instead of HDB's 'stamp of approval'.. not sure if my definition is correct??

but u are totally right in one pt: I vouch the quality and service of jaskel.

haha thanks bro.. i'm sure u are in the best possible pair of hands around... now totally caught up with work and moving in so there's very little posting going around here.. apologies to everyone!! will post photos when the furniture is all there~~

brief update: We got our starhub cable and broadband up already! phew... another $70 per month burnt!

hmmmmm don't know but I think HDB licensed contractors are the ones who are allowed to hack instead of HDB's 'stamp of approval'.. not sure if my definition is correct??

initiali, i felt need HDB license to make me feel 'safe'. i mean if anyth sway sway happens, i believe e point of contact if anyth to look for legal sense is to find e HDB licensed guy? any complains fr anyone to HDB bout e reno will also be directed to the licensed guy? cos any reno approval fr HDB muz b fr licensed?

i'll feel safer if e licensed guy is e guy im workin with la..

but then totally rite, licensed doesnt mean good work, doesnt mean smooth journey. i can vouch for tt! haha..

initiali, i felt need HDB license to make me feel 'safe'. i mean if anyth sway sway happens, i believe e point of contact if anyth to look for legal sense is to find e HDB licensed guy? any complains fr anyone to HDB bout e reno will also be directed to the licensed guy? cos any reno approval fr HDB muz b fr licensed?

i'll feel safer if e licensed guy is e guy im workin with la..

but then totally rite, licensed doesnt mean good work, doesnt mean smooth journey. i can vouch for tt! haha..

hmm from your pov that makes sense too lol.. I guess luckily my main con is good at sourcing for good HDB license con :P

seriously, i don't know on what basis HDB grants their licenses, but I think one of the criteria is certainly not trustworthiness given that there are many many MANY errant contractors on their list. I think you should feedback to HDB about ID Note if you feel that they have not fulfiled their duty as contractor

hmm from your pov that makes sense too lol.. I guess luckily my main con is good at sourcing for good HDB license con :P

seriously, i don't know on what basis HDB grants their licenses, but I think one of the criteria is certainly not trustworthiness given that there are many many MANY errant contractors on their list. I think you should feedback to HDB about ID Note if you feel that they have not fulfiled their duty as contractor

oh sorry ah if i may add, dun mean any disrespect to jaskel. i'm sure everyone can see how well a job he's doing. =) at certain pts thru our reno we gt tink like how come we din get him to be our contractor.. oh well..

feedback to HDB huh.. maybe should la, but i tink their black marks are more for like not adhering to HDB rules, like reno timings, quality etc, less of management issues. hahahaha

Edited by junwei84

<--- waiting for your Pics too :lol: :lol:

:sport-smiley-004:

I cannot vouch for J's quality yet :notti:

becoz my Reno has not fully started

but Jaskel's services are #1 008e_gold_cup.gif

:yamseng:

:lol:

oh sorry ah if i may add, dun mean any disrespect to jaskel. i'm sure everyone can see how well a job he's doing. =) at certain pts thru our reno we gt tink like how come we din get him to be our contractor.. oh well..

feedback to HDB huh.. maybe should la, but i tink their black marks are more for like not adhering to HDB rules, like reno timings, quality etc, less of management issues. hahahaha

lol i don't think he will take offense la.. lol did you guys manage to talk to him? or decided ID Note already?

well.... "black marks are more for like not adhering to HDB rules, like reno timings, quality etc" ID Note burst your HO like don't know by how long so reno timings you can raise issue liao... Quality-wise, you highlighted some tiling issues, which some cannot be rectified because it will be too "troublesome".. I'm sure you can raise a case against them, with other dissatisfied home owners who used ID Note like smallcarrot etc

lol i don't think he will take offense la.. lol did you guys manage to talk to him? or decided ID Note already?

well.... "black marks are more for like not adhering to HDB rules, like reno timings, quality etc" ID Note burst your HO like don't know by how long so reno timings you can raise issue liao... Quality-wise, you highlighted some tiling issues, which some cannot be rectified because it will be too "troublesome".. I'm sure you can raise a case against them, with other dissatisfied home owners who used ID Note like smallcarrot etc

nah we din talk to him. rite fr e beginning, we set out lookin for contractor/ID, we went e 'safe' way, we wanted some1 easy to talk to, had a list of customers who vouched for him and had a HDB license. shortlisted based on these criterias. so we din approach jaskel. =)

turns out its nt tt 'safe' aft all our criteria. haha

congrats for your reno is concluding soon. i believe there is an excitement and looking forward for moving in the new house :D

anyway, i was and still am a happy customer of Sincerity Pte Ltd. in fact, i was too very particular with the HDB license thingy at first before i engage jaskel. after read out some good reports of his works, we decided to give him a try. after our 1st meet-up together with my wife and my daughter at vivo coffee bean (we had spoke to few IDs and contractors few months earlier). we are comfortable with his sincerity even though, we don't really do the major reno work on my house since it is still new. (actually, if jason don't smile, you looks very scary serious hahahah :D). anyway, was busy a little after our 1st meet up. after received the quotation from him, i didn't response to him because i was hurry (last min) to go for my trip. came back and realized that i only have about a week for my house reno (the seller promised to hand over the key 2 to us 2 weeks earlier for our house reno before our 2nd appointment. very nice of them). some delay and only left us 1 week.

met him at simei for the reno confirmation and told him we only have a week window to do all the important and essential work. this was a challenge for him and he has not done it before. So he laid out the timeline for my info because i need to purchase lights, toilet stuffs etc. just one week, we need to get all lights done, paint done, hack wall and rebuild it, living room and bedroom flooring and of course our toilets. he and his team did their best. eventually, we are able to move in a day before our 2nd appointment. the rest of the work... toilets stray paints, glass work, carpentry, all done within a month after we moved in.

actually a lot was base on trust. in my case, there were a lot of things has not done from my side (too rush). when reno work started, i still have not submit my reno loan. after a week and moving in, my reno loan has not approve yet. hahahaha. i told my wife what if our reno loan not approve than how? we already moved in :D anyway, can't run away. he knows where i stay and where i work. yes! even though he keeps his sunday for his family time but he choose to come down to my work place on sunday for laminate selection.

anyway, we are happy with our reno process and work done.

now i feel bad to talk "behind" his back :D

Edited by kiddboy

Who is this Jasket you speak of? :unsure: