Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

he and his team did their best. eventually, we are able to move in a day before our 2nd appointment. the rest of the work... toilets stray paints, glass work, carpentry, all done within a month after we moved in.

anyway, we are happy with our reno process and work done.

Wah! I went thru your T-blog again... :o

Jaskel did a fantastic job considering the Time-Frame... :o

sooo...

I can stress him to create more stuff too! :notti:

rofl.gif

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sooo...

rofl.gif

wa don bully him la so jia lat haha... u need blue pills for him if u wan to pressure him haha... but yeah 1 week to get things done is crazy man!!! impressed he could do it lolz

wa don bully him la so jia lat haha... u need blue pills for him if u wan to pressure him haha... but yeah 1 week to get things done is crazy man!!! impressed he could do it lolz

i tried to test water too, if he can speed up the reno :P but to no avail :rolleyes:

*nudges darkfear* are we the only ones who complained that he was moving too fast? Makes us seem like we’re not too eager to move in together. Haha!

orh orh :P :P

must be your saying that Super-J's reno is super-fast

so "normal reno speed" becomes slow liao :P:rofl:

Later Super-J needs concentrated blue-M power to recharge...

How-did-he-get-out-of-his-room-38591.jpg

orh orh :P :P

must be your saying that Super-J's reno is super-fast

so "normal reno speed" becomes slow liao :P:rofl:

Later Super-J needs concentrated blue-M power to recharge...

haha i think it's because it's our first reno so we're still blur blur. But can really vouch for Jason's efficiency because everytime we point out defects, the next time we visit the house, it's all rectified!

Which reminds me.. Gotta email him the list of rectification to do.......

hmm from your pov that makes sense too lol.. I guess luckily my main con is good at sourcing for good HDB license con :P

seriously, i don't know on what basis HDB grants their licenses, but I think one of the criteria is certainly not trustworthiness given that there are many many MANY errant contractors on their list. I think you should feedback to HDB about ID Note if you feel that they have not fulfiled their duty as contractor

Seriously, don't think HDB can do much unless they had done anything against the rules and regulations of the reno guidelines. There are these Disclaimer from the HDB website that alot of the house owners didn't know;

Disclaimer:-

HDB makes no representations whatsoever and shall in no way be responsible for the quality of the workmanship of these registered renovation contractors, the materials used by them in their renovation works, their financial status, etc. Renovation contracts entered between the flat owner and the registered renovation contractor are strictly a private matter and HDB is not privy to them.

How HDB grants the licenses are as follow;

Registration Criteria

Please ensure that you satisfy the following registration criteria before submitting your application to HDB :

* Applicant's company has to be registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) for a minimum period of ONE year and should have an unblemished records;

* Applicant must possess THREE years experience in renovation works and must be actively involved in the renovation trade. For evaluation of the company's performance, applicant is required to submit FIVE invoices for renovation works with a total sum of not less than $50,000; and

* Applicant must satisfy the HDB that his company has sufficient financial resources and has a proper staff establishment.

* For Private Limited companies, the minimum paid up capital should be $30,000.

oh sorry ah if i may add, dun mean any disrespect to jaskel. i'm sure everyone can see how well a job he's doing. =) at certain pts thru our reno we gt tink like how come we din get him to be our contractor.. oh well..

feedback to HDB huh.. maybe should la, but i tink their black marks are more for like not adhering to HDB rules, like reno timings, quality etc, less of management issues. hahahaha

Don't worry bout that...its all fated. ;)

congrats for your reno is concluding soon. i believe there is an excitement and looking forward for moving in the new house :D

anyway, i was and still am a happy customer of Sincerity Pte Ltd. in fact, i was too very particular with the HDB license thingy at first before i engage jaskel. after read out some good reports of his works, we decided to give him a try. after our 1st meet-up together with my wife and my daughter at vivo coffee bean (we had spoke to few IDs and contractors few months earlier). we are comfortable with his sincerity even though, we don't really do the major reno work on my house since it is still new. (actually, if jason don't smile, you looks very scary serious hahahah :D). anyway, was busy a little after our 1st meet up. after received the quotation from him, i didn't response to him because i was hurry (last min) to go for my trip. came back and realized that i only have about a week for my house reno (the seller promised to hand over the key 2 to us 2 weeks earlier for our house reno before our 2nd appointment. very nice of them). some delay and only left us 1 week.

met him at simei for the reno confirmation and told him we only have a week window to do all the important and essential work. this was a challenge for him and he has not done it before. So he laid out the timeline for my info because i need to purchase lights, toilet stuffs etc. just one week, we need to get all lights done, paint done, hack wall and rebuild it, living room and bedroom flooring and of course our toilets. he and his team did their best. eventually, we are able to move in a day before our 2nd appointment. the rest of the work... toilets stray paints, glass work, carpentry, all done within a month after we moved in.

actually a lot was base on trust. in my case, there were a lot of things has not done from my side (too rush). when reno work started, i still have not submit my reno loan. after a week and moving in, my reno loan has not approve yet. hahahaha. i told my wife what if our reno loan not approve than how? we already moved in :D anyway, can't run away. he knows where i stay and where i work. yes! even though he keeps his sunday for his family time but he choose to come down to my work place on sunday for laminate selection.

anyway, we are happy with our reno process and work done.

now i feel bad to talk "behind" his back :D

Aiyo...maybe I should have smile more :P Used to keep a fierce fierce face to my workers so they can't "eat" me and better don't 'play play' with me and the works. :D

Ya, a lot was base on trust cos neither we knew each other for very long or we have worked together before. But seriously, up till now I still have no ideas what u working as.....

sooo...

rofl.gif

"Sweating"

i tried to test water too, if he can speed up the reno :P but to no avail :rolleyes:

Yours got too complicate design...too many different types of workers have to come in stages just to complete your 1 Master Bath. :( Some speedy work will only spoil the master piece.

Yours got too complicate design...too many different types of workers have to come in stages just to complete your 1 Master Bath. :( Some speedy work will only spoil the master piece.

:o:o WAH! :o :o

Now I'm REALLY curious!

... oops wrong thread... this one is DF's and MB's

I go to Titanix one to see see :P

haha i think it's because it's our first reno so we're still blur blur. But can really vouch for Jason's efficiency because everytime we point out defects, the next time we visit the house, it's all rectified!

Which reminds me.. Gotta email him the list of rectification to do.......

this one i can chop sign guarantee :D ...his reaction time to my fault finding is d'amn fast & he will rectifies it ASAP! - no black face, no "urs same like others wat, they dun complain why you complain"...mm wat is the other most common reply ah? ahh i remember..."ITS LIKE TAT ONE!"

Aiyo...maybe I should have smile more :P Used to keep a fierce fierce face to my workers so they can't "eat" me and better don't 'play play' with me and the works. :D

mmm now that kiddboy has mentioned this i realise this too...jaskel doesn't smile until after 5:00 (after all the sub-con have left), his smile is like OPC - & yes he can be look quite fierce :lol:

:unsure: ok lah its not that bad right? at least we are not doing the james bond pop-up jacuzzi like we discussed :P

mmm now that kiddboy has mentioned this i realise this too...jaskel doesn't smile until after 5:00 (after all the sub-con have left), his smile is like OPC - & yes he can be look quite fierce :lol:

wahahah OPC! hmm but yes, now that you've mentioned it, I recall this incident when the carpentry sub-cons were around to install my kitchen cabinets, and when Jaskel arrived at the house, he looked so serious and fierce :angry2: I was quite scared to point out an error with the bar counter installation. *gulp* Very very different from the smiley Jaskel :lol: we’re so used to. GAME FACE!! :no:

Come to think of it, our reno was so hands-off that that was the first and last time we ever met Jaskel’s sub-cons. Heheh. I think we trust him a lot.

BTW, kudos to Jaskel’s carpentry sub-con. Was very impressed to find out that he came down to our house last Saturday and took back many more scratched laminates to replace on his own accord. That's what i call good service :good: