Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Sorry to hear that . But I just don't feel safe to go with non-licensed contractor. Story like Ah Soon had taught everyone a lesson here. Beside yr price don't seem to be cheaper then licensed contractor too.

Anyway thanks for telling me too .

:D Its ok...my price will not be cheaper than a licensed contractor just because I'm not license. There is a different in what I provided. Story like Ah Soon had taught everyone a lesson....Story like U & B had also taught everyone a lesson....U need to read more and understand more on what is the different between a licensed and non-licensed contractor.

Anyway...happy renovating. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
To be fair, licensed contractors also have their share of problems.

People in the forum choose Jaskel not because his prices are very cheap but because he's very responsible and sincere. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Yeah! :thumbs up: and coldflamez is not a Jaskel customer *heheh*

;) I believe actions speak louder than printed words ;)

Good Luck "renonewbie2010" in your search :yamseng:

:lol: :lol:

Edited by kor69

To be fair, licensed contractors also have their share of problems.

People in the forum choose Jaskel not because his prices are very cheap but because he's very responsible and sincere. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Couldn't agree more.. licensed contractors dun mean you're better protected if something goes wrong or there's disagreements.. ;)

:yamseng:

Edited by fencer

Sorry to hear that . But I just don't feel safe to go with non-licensed contractor. Story like Ah Soon had taught everyone a lesson here. Beside yr price don't seem to be cheaper then licensed contractor too.

regardless of who you choose they all are not perfect. definitely will have mistakes, definitely will need rectification. qn is how fast is the rectification & what is the overall quality of service rendered.

problem is you won't know until you go through it, by then its too late to regret & this forum has already given you a yardstick on some of the more popular choices of ID/contractors

licensed vs non-licensed - i can understand your reservations, i had the same

cheap & good - good luck with the search for the holy grail :yamseng:

well, it just shows how much a reno newbie you are if you just go by licensed vs unlicensed lol.

sorry blog very slow liao... now moving in and trying to settle down... still have some lousy works that we need to do sigh...

sorry blog very slow liao... now moving in and trying to settle down... still have some lousy works that we need to do sigh...

ya :P small works at home? :P

its always good to fini the small works as soon as possible

If u are like me... :o

once settle down for a few months...

cannot be bothered liao :P :P :D

still waiting for some nice fotos... *heheh* :dribble:

*we can ignore the mess* :notti:

ya :P small works at home? :P

its always good to fini the small works as soon as possible

If u are like me... :o

once settle down for a few months...

cannot be bothered liao :P :P :D

still waiting for some nice fotos... *heheh* :dribble:

*we can ignore the mess* :notti:

Yup Yup Yup... waiting... :P

Other updates:

Solid surface workmanship is good! Dunno how it works but we were surprised to see that it looks like it's an entire whole piece and not pieces that look stuck together.

f4f92279.jpg

The plumber came! Toilet accessories are all up! The common bathroom looks much nicer now!

And our waterfall tap and matching sink in the master bath = worth every cent.

f0f7db0c.jpg

Kitchen island sink's splash factor is super high though, and the water doesn't reach as far out as I would like it to. Think it's the design of the tap. Pretty but not practical. Sadly, it has become the story of our lives. :P

e38c7a87.jpg

marsbar!!

need ur help... does ur tap flow sideways like mine? or isit very even?

PB040092.JPG

marsbar!!

PB040092.JPG

hey hey!! heard from fencer you looking for me lolz... fencer thanks for the sms.. paisei I'm actually at HK now on a work trip so got abit of shock when saw your sms lolz..

by the way Banned we got our's from Living Pheno at Balestier.. and yeah your tap seems abit slanted... our's comes out pretty ok and centralized! it seems it's some levelling issue to do with either the tap or the solid surface?

marsbar!!

Hey Banned, sorry for the late reply. Yes Hubby has gone for a biz trip so unfortunately he hasn't replied u earlier.

To me, looks like your water pressure is stronger than ours, so the diameter of the water flow is larger.. And probably something to do with the levelling like darkfear says too.. Cos the right side looks like it has got more water flow..

hey hey!! heard from fencer you looking for me lolz... fencer thanks for the sms.. paisei I'm actually at HK now on a work trip so got abit of shock when saw your sms lolz..

by the way Banned we got our's from Living Pheno at Balestier.. and yeah your tap seems abit slanted... our's comes out pretty ok and centralized! it seems it's some levelling issue to do with either the tap or the solid surface?

Here's a pic of ours (max water flow):

5c8b3d0f.jpg

so u all one very centralise la right? hmm.. tml i go see again and see how lor.. mine is jus one bracket to support the tap and the basin leh.. looks level to me..

will urs have droplets form until the tap when u turn it off?

so u all one very centralise la right? hmm.. tml i go see again and see how lor.. mine is jus one bracket to support the tap and the basin leh.. looks level to me..

will urs have droplets form until the tap when u turn it off?

Yup yup.. Abit of water will collect under the tap, but shouldn't be a problem if u use the tap often..

My problem with it is very hard to gauge the on/off of the tap.. More than once i got reprimanded by darkfear cos I left the water running.. Hehe. :P

Hi there! Just found your T-blog link from jeffcraze's blog. Herher....somehow I'm more interested to read the blogs of my Simei neighbours to be. LOL~

Leave a msg first so that it's easier for me to find the blog again from home. Hurhur...