Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Location Of Divider

Personally, I do not quite believe in this "door vs window" issue. This concept holds that "chi/qi" cannot be retained within confined space, like home, or like someone standing in the open field with all wind "crossing".

TCM & Taoism theory holds that only living things generate "chi", not non-living thing. No "chi" = no life. However, in term of fs, it seems all, whether living, non-living( 5 element, color, shape of objects, etc)or even spiritual stuff produce some kind of "chi". Very cheem indeed, till now, I'm quite confused as well, can only try to sense the "chi" by our human physical 5 senses & feeling. Anyway feeling is fundamentally influenced by our value system.

Layman defines wealth as $$$, this is a "narrow" definition, wealth in wider term can mean many things, like health, peaceful state of mind (happy, calm, contented...), good relationship with different circles of ppl, etc ...... If one is really to go after $$, I would suggest him to study & master the 16 principles of 陶朱公(tao zhu gong), all the 12 "DOs", classes are being conducted at NUS on his priciples as well, & produced another 12 "Don'ts".

Also good for one (esp businessman, millitary ppl)to study the 13-chapter of Sun Sze's art of wall. SAF's staff of college does conduct course on this.

I bought a FS book for Homebuyers - Exterior from Library book sale for just $2. Quite cheap so can't resist.

Don't know whether it's useful or not. I have been reading abit over the weekend, it seems this Joey Yap is a classical fengshui master kind.

In some part, he mentioned, in Classical FS, color does not really matter. Important thing is the placement of the items.

Anyway, this book puts more emphasize on the exterior, the "mountain" and "water" of the surroundings. Which is good cuz it would help you to "decide" whether a property is good or not.

The book is also realistic that it can't teach you "everything" on how to choose the location. Its aim is a modest one. Help you to weed out the "bad/unsuitable" property list to just 2 or 3, then you consult the FSM.

The interior of the house is covered by another book (or rather, can always just consult the same FSM).

So maybe, color really doesn't matter in FS if we just think of "collecting" chi

Although the color affects us on another way (psychology).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I bought a FS book for Homebuyers - Exterior from Library book sale for just $2. Quite cheap so can't resist.

Don't know whether it's useful or not. I have been reading abit over the weekend, it seems this Joey Yap is a classical fengshui master kind.

In some part, he mentioned, in Classical FS, color does not really matter. Important thing is the placement of the items.

Anyway, this book puts more emphasize on the exterior, the "mountain" and "water" of the surroundings. Which is good cuz it would help you to "decide" whether a property is good or not.

The book is also realistic that it can't teach you "everything" on how to choose the location. Its aim is a modest one. Help you to weed out the "bad/unsuitable" property list to just 2 or 3, then you consult the FSM.

The interior of the house is covered by another book (or rather, can always just consult the same FSM).

So maybe, color really doesn't matter in FS if we just think of "collecting" chi

Although the color affects us on another way (psychology).

Try grab the pricinples will do, still need to consider "situational factors", read map from SLA site on the Geylang river and the Dakota Residence & Waterbank condos, one of the classic case study spot, though not a U-shape, instead a mirror of L-shape with 90 deg turn....later river turns here & there & meet the kallang rive at Kallang Basin. Never mind, before the "mouth" heads south to the sea, kena blocked by the dams of the reservoir. Singapore river has the same fate, kena "blocked" at mouth. There are only 2 little hills in S'pore. By right, Telok Blangah at bottom of mount faber should be a good geomancy location , but the hdb estate is one of the cheapest, why har? Same for Bukit Timah, if can buy a land & build house at the bottom there (now too many monkeys) sure "huat". The "angmor houses" there are much bother by the monkeys.

See the book got mention those man-made "canal". And why the roads where vehicle travelling on is considered as "water-road"....

Edited by bepgof

Try grab the pricinples will do, still need to consider "situational factors", read map from SLA site on the Geylang river and the Dakota Residence & Waterbank condos, one of the classic case study spot, though not a U-shape, instead a mirror of L-shape with 90 deg turn....later river turns here & there & meet the kallang rive at Kallang Basin. Never mind, before the "mouth" heads south to the sea, kena blocked by the dams of the reservoir. Singapore river has the same fate, kena "blocked" at mouth. There are only 2 little hills in S'pore. By right, Telok Blangah at bottom of mount faber should be a good geomancy location , but the hdb estate is one of the cheapest, why har? Same for Bukit Timah, if can buy a land & build house at the bottom there (now too many monkeys) sure "huat". The "angmor houses" there are much bother by the monkeys.

See the book got mention those man-made "canal". And why the roads where vehicle travelling on is considered as "water-road"....

The book mentioned about roads as "virtual-water". At same time, mentioned the negatives if the house is "under" the shadow of fly-over with/without fast-traffic. Don't know LRT is considered slow or fast traffic. But if the house is "higher" than the fly-over it's actually good, though I can't imagine the dust.

Telok Belangah is under the mount faber "supposed" to be good, but it depends whether it's "good" or "bad" mountain and also depends on the formation of surroundings? Maybe the fly-over near pasir panjang is detrimental for the whole area?

Actually for Dakota Residence & Waterbank, I am not convinced that the river presence is good, cuz the water is "dirty" and "not moving" ??

If looking for river, maybe punggol latest BTO is good?

Studying all these is quite fun. Haha

The book mentioned about roads as "virtual-water". At same time, mentioned the negatives if the house is "under" the shadow of fly-over with/without fast-traffic. Don't know LRT is considered slow or fast traffic. But if the house is "higher" than the fly-over it's actually good, though I can't imagine the dust.

Telok Belangah is under the mount faber "supposed" to be good, but it depends whether it's "good" or "bad" mountain and also depends on the formation of surroundings? Maybe the fly-over near pasir panjang is detrimental for the whole area?

Actually for Dakota Residence & Waterbank, I am not convinced that the river presence is good, cuz the water is "dirty" and "not moving" ??

If looking for river, maybe punggol latest BTO is good?

Studying all these is quite fun. Haha

The "mouths" of 3 big rivers of s'pore get "regulated" by dams, symbolize? good, no good? My personal opinion is: NG. More things will happen, might eventually give up the dams & reservoir, we shall wait & see.

Edited by bepgof

my friend told me that bed facing and sofa facing must be same direction? FL

See my story: when one's stomach's full, & find nothing to do then "this cannot, that cannot", must "like this" & "like that". For a hungry man, "everything can". Have that experience? All ghosts stand one side.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Juspink, today is friday, got lighter mood & just to keep this topic lively, hope you do not mind I put some comments:

- A friend of mind in bedok reservoir rd, has the similar layout except the staircase & kitchen swopped position. Have been to his unit quite many times.

- The entrance is perfectly alright, i don't think need any divider, cos the dinning area is rather dim all time(common corride window shut), need some improvement on natural light.

- Upper fl's common area also rather dim, cannot do anything.

- Try make use of the space below staircase.

Hi bepgof,

Thanks so much!! Sorry cos I was busy so didnt login to see your reply..

Thanks again.. Cool!!

I don't know. I want tv console at main door/common room wall. Where should common room bed facing.I hope everyone not angry with me I asked qns.

I don't know. I want tv console at main door/common room wall. Where should common room bed facing.I hope everyone not angry with me I asked qns.

I've worded a bit strong, not angry with you. Put carpet underneath pool table, as thick as possible, unless you stay in ground floor. Snooker knocking sound is much "worse" than mahjong sound. "sound" travel via table legs to downstair's ceiling, also through windows/main door to others' windows/main door. The high cabinet will obstruct some light from door, Yr open-concept kitchen, better seal it up, use the stove whether electric or gas type, as frequent as possible.

Earth's magnetic flux, 23.5 deg tile, gravitional pulling forces from Sun & Moon, self revolving per day & rotating around sun one round at different speed, moon's 29.5 days rotating earth one round - all these, scientifically, influent mankind's ways of life on earth. Facing of bed/sofa, errr..HOW does it affect one's destiny/luck/mood? Too cheem, I've no answer or opinion, however, basic rules are : no obstruction to both human flow & natural light & wind, convenient (no need to turn here & there) sure yr mood will be better, unless you do not appreciate yr own hardwork.

The study of Production layout, Bank's quenuing system (how many counters, why close at differnt itming), etc relate to above, max efficiency with less resources used......

Edited by bepgof