Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CuteHoneyDew

Bosch Hba23b550j & Brandt Fp867sx1

I really need HELP & ADVICE as I've learn baking classes for 1yr+. Finally decided to buy a built-in oven BUT after reading all d related threads posted up here, I realised that I staying in HDB E-Flat & Brandt Pyro ($1899) is using 15AMP. I really like that oven as it's givben 9 cooking options which is gd for ppl like me. Bosch catalytic ($1299) is the only oven that using 13AMP but only 5 cooking options. I hope to bake a nice pizza for my girls, roast chicken during CNY, bake cakes, pies & buns once a week.

Q1: Can I insist buying Brandt FP867sx1 but dun use it's Pyro clearning so that it wun hit 15AMP ? Is HDB allowed us to fix this oven ?

Q2: Is it true that Bosch catalytic oven do NOT required changing of d panels every 2 yrs like what Brandt 842 does ???

Q3: If can only choose 1 of the oven betwn Bradt 842 & Bosch HBA23B550J, which 1 will b BETTER & suitable for me ?

I'm still headache to look for a contractor as was told that oven only deliver to me & I need to look for a contractor to fix in for me. In that sense, I wd need to request that this oven be placed on the table level instd of below the stove.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I can answer Q1 only. I installed this oven in my HDB flat. No problem.

How long hav U use yr Pyro Oven ? Was yr oven install by yr contractor that hav done something 4U 1st ?

Hav U use d Pyro cleaning that using up to 500watts ??? Is yr HDB "old" or "new" type ? If new type, guessed it cld

allowed up to 15AMP !

How long hav U use yr Pyro Oven ? Was yr oven install by yr contractor that hav done something 4U 1st ?

Hav U use d Pyro cleaning that using up to 500watts ??? Is yr HDB "old" or "new" type ? If new type, guessed it cld

allowed up to 15AMP !

Wow, your questions are fast. :)

I've used the oven for a few weeks only. My electrician provided a electrical point for it. Haven't done Pyro cleaning yet as it's still very clean. My flat is the 1997 type. Is that considered old or new?

Wow, your questions are fast. :)

I've used the oven for a few weeks only. My electrician provided a electrical point for it. Haven't done Pyro cleaning yet as it's still very clean. My flat is the 1997 type. Is that considered old or new?

Guessed shd considered "old" type like mine ! U better chk with yr contractor what will happen if U use d Pyro cleaning that surges up to 500watts ! If he said U can't use it, then U've to AVOID using it ! Is better to know yr own machine's accessibility 1st b4 U use it esp in HDB flat that only allowed up to 13AMP !

Guessed shd considered "old" type like mine ! U better chk with yr contractor what will happen if U use d Pyro cleaning that surges up to 500watts ! If he said U can't use it, then U've to AVOID using it ! Is better to know yr own machine's accessibility 1st b4 U use it esp in HDB flat that only allowed up to 13AMP !

500 watts is not a problem. Vacuum uses 1000 watts and induction cooker uses 2000 watts.

My Ariston OS99 manual states 2.8KWatts for the pyrolysis self cleaning process.

2800W/220V=12.7A < 13A

It should be safe for a normal HDB flat.

Check your manual to see how many Watts required for this self-cleaning process.

I really need HELP & ADVICE as I've learn baking classes for 1yr+. Finally decided to buy a built-in oven BUT after reading all d related threads posted up here, I realised that I staying in HDB E-Flat & Brandt Pyro ($1899) is using 15AMP. I really like that oven as it's givben 9 cooking options which is gd for ppl like me. Bosch catalytic ($1299) is the only oven that using 13AMP but only 5 cooking options. I hope to bake a nice pizza for my girls, roast chicken during CNY, bake cakes, pies & buns once a week.

Q1: Can I insist buying Brandt FP867sx1 but dun use it's Pyro clearning so that it wun hit 15AMP ? Is HDB allowed us to fix this oven ?

Q2: Is it true that Bosch catalytic oven do NOT required changing of d panels every 2 yrs like what Brandt 842 does ???

Q3: If can only choose 1 of the oven betwn Bradt 842 & Bosch HBA23B550J, which 1 will b BETTER & suitable for me ?

I'm still headache to look for a contractor as was told that oven only deliver to me & I need to look for a contractor to fix in for me. In that sense, I wd need to request that this oven be placed on the table level instd of below the stove.

Hi my friend i can tell you that BOSCH oven HBA23B550A is using ECO cleaning that Y you dont have to change panel like BRANDT as for pyro is reallly good at that price but think back do you really need to use the pyro cleaning ??? do you know that is heat up to 500 degree to do the cleaning do you know how much energy will be use ??? moreover do you cook more then 3 turkey a day??? if yes then you need the pyro

Hi my friend i can tell you that BOSCH oven HBA23B550A is using ECO cleaning that Y you dont have to change panel like BRANDT as for pyro is reallly good at that price but think back do you really need to use the pyro cleaning ??? do you know that is heat up to 500 degree to do the cleaning do you know how much energy will be use ??? moreover do you cook more then 3 turkey a day??? if yes then you need the pyro

if i may add too, I have verified with Brandt through the phone that for residential use, the panels need not change annually as some salesperson may put it. in fact, once every 3 yrs is suffice and indeed, i feel to heat up the temp to kick off the pyro cleaning will consume more energy, i.e more electricity.

be it pyro or not, you still need to wipe down after baking or grilling. and of course, the latter being lesser frequency too

2 cents view only.

hope it helps

P.S: I settled for Brandt FC842XS1 (catalytic) btw

My Ariston OS99 manual states 2.8KWatts for the pyrolysis self cleaning process.

2800W/220V=12.7A < 13A

Check your manual to see how many Watts required for this self-cleaning process.

Thx 4yr infor :)

I actually went to Couseway Pt last Sat to take a look at Aristone OS99DP Pyro OpenSpace Oven.

They sell a cabinet at $120 to specially fit it their oven so that we dun hav to look for carpenter to

custom-made a kitchen cabinet. Since U R using this oven, may I know whether this oven GD for yr baking,

grilling ? Now there is an offer of $1800 plus a free gift of juice blender.

I dun know between Brandt Pyro FP867 ($1700) & Ariston OS99 Pyro ($1800), which 1 better ???

Any1 can give further advice if I can get Brandt at $1550 (9 cooking programme) while Ariston at $1700 (10 cooking Programme),

which 1 will give a GD functions in baking out a GD cake, grilling delicious chicken ???

Which 1 will use MORE electricity ???

I notice this Arison OS99 has only top heating elements. Altough there are many cooking programs, I only use the universal program. First time using oven so I cannot tell you how it is compared to other ovens.

I can only tell you I am satisfied with this oven, especially the 70L capacity. Make it easy to arrange trays.

For simple cooking/baking, an average oven should be sufficient alrady. So I just sugguest you to go with whaterver you like branding/looks etc.

Thx 4yr infor :)

I actually went to Couseway Pt last Sat to take a look at Aristone OS99DP Pyro OpenSpace Oven.

They sell a cabinet at $120 to specially fit it their oven so that we dun hav to look for carpenter to

custom-made a kitchen cabinet. Since U R using this oven, may I know whether this oven GD for yr baking,

grilling ? Now there is an offer of $1800 plus a free gift of juice blender.

I dun know between Brandt Pyro FP867 ($1700) & Ariston OS99 Pyro ($1800), which 1 better ???

Any1 can give further advice if I can get Brandt at $1550 (9 cooking programme) while Ariston at $1700 (10 cooking Programme),

which 1 will give a GD functions in baking out a GD cake, grilling delicious chicken ???

Which 1 will use MORE electricity ???

I notice this Arison OS99 has only top heating elements. Altough there are many cooking programs, I only use the universal program. First time using oven so I cannot tell you how it is compared to other ovens.

I can only tell you I am satisfied with this oven, especially the 70L capacity. Make it easy to arrange trays.

For simple cooking/baking, an average oven should be sufficient alrady. So I just sugguest you to go with whaterver you like branding/looks etc.

Now the Ariston OS99DP got promotion at $1680 with a Free gift of Juice Blender. Is it cheap to go ahead ?

BTW, when U do baking, is d glass door "hot" as Ariston only got 3 layer glasses ?

Am I correct that U do NOT required any electrician to fix a special plug for yr 15amp oven ? Guessed this infor is very useful to others too :)

Thx a lot for sharing :)

Now the Ariston OS99DP got promotion at $1680 with a Free gift of Juice Blender. Is it cheap to go ahead ?

BTW, when U do baking, is d glass door "hot" as Ariston only got 3 layer glasses ?

Am I correct that U do NOT required any electrician to fix a special plug for yr 15amp oven ? Guessed this infor is very useful to others too :)

The door definetly not hot, maybe warm only during cooking.

For power point, I only uses a normal 13Amp point. Because all the wiring done by previous owner. It was previously used for the ignition for the gas cooker. So I have no idea if this a deicated 13A or shared. I take precaution to move all other rice cooker etc to other wall sockets.

Do you know that Ariston oven OS 99 has deeper depts then normal oven?

Do you think is enough for vent?

2800W/220V=12.7A < 13A

Hi, something to add... if the instruction manual says that it only use 2.8K watts for the pyro clean process, did the manual also indicate how long will it take to generate up to 480 degree cel. (pyro clean) in a 70 litre capacity oven? (which is about 20% extra space to heat up, out of an average size of a 58 litre oven, with a lesser power)

If i'm not mistaken to run an oven at 480 degree cel. for pyro clean, you need at least 3.4k watts which is at least 15amp to 16amp plug.

:horse:

Cheers..

Bong

Edited by Bong